Rumor: Ron Paul to endorse Gary Johnson on the Tonight Show, Tuesday. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:24:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Rumor: Ron Paul to endorse Gary Johnson on the Tonight Show, Tuesday. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rumor: Ron Paul to endorse Gary Johnson on the Tonight Show, Tuesday.  (Read 4350 times)
Cobbler
United States

« on: September 03, 2012, 10:01:21 PM »

Ron Paul would rather have Romney as President than Obama, therefore, Paul would be wasting his endorsement on Johnson who is at best a nuisance candidate and a worst a quack candidate.

I'd hardly compare his endorsement a waste. Paul has a significant amount of supporters, and if he actively got behind Johnson, it could have some effect on the race.
Cobbler
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 02:21:05 PM »

http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/04/ron-paul-will-not-endorse-gary-johnson/
Cobbler
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 07:52:38 PM »

I also hold the position that Ron Paul was cowardly. And this is coming from someone that really wanted him to do well this cycle. I don't see why people think its okay for him to sell out his true convictions just to help out a family member. To me, that doesn't sound like an honest politician; its one of those things I dislike about politics. This is something about the Ron Paul movement that I have a problem with: I have a strong feeling that it isn't about the ideology so much as it is about Ron Paul. This move by Paul makes it seem to be more of as a dynasty to me rather than a political movement; like if a Paul isn't leading the movement, then the movement would die off with them.

What I admired about Ron Paul was that he stuck to his beliefs and took on the establishment, no matter what. This election, he basically decided to be the establishments attack dog to help a family member, which I don't admire very much. Gary Johnson supported Paul in the primaries over and over again, and is currently an available choice for promoting views very similar to Paul's. He could influence the debate this cycle if he was able to have access to Paul's support. Ron Paul could show the Republican Party that the liberty movement cannot be ignored if he made Johnson a force this election, but instead he is essentially deciding to sell out his beliefs to help out his son? That strikes a nepotistic tone that diminishes my opinion of Ron Paul.
Cobbler
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 12:57:05 AM »

Disappointing that he didn't endorse. With his profile now, he'd have an impact on the race, which would definitely make the GOP listen up more to the libertarians than being quiet will. Maybe its not so good for Rand's future, but it could be more effective for his ideology's future.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies