Confirmed: Obama speech moved indoors.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:30:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Confirmed: Obama speech moved indoors.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Confirmed: Obama speech moved indoors.  (Read 1859 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2012, 01:47:24 PM »

Does Charlotte have any indoor arenas that are the same side as Bank of America stadium? Why wasn't that chosen instead?  This issue is turning into something bigger than it has to be, ridiculous.

Lol no. The only indoor stadiums that hold 74,000 people are the Georgia Dome in Atlanta and the Super Dome in New Orleans. The TWC Center is the biggest indoor facility in Charlotte. The old Coliseum was larger but was demolished a few years ago.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2012, 02:01:25 PM »

Meh, all of the weather agencies/websites are saying there's at least a chance of thunderstorms, so they could really be moving it because of the weather (or at least it makes for a decent excuse Tongue ).
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2012, 03:04:18 PM »

Politico reports that because of the last minute switch, the DNC won't be able to get balloons for a balloon drop tomorrow night but there will be a different type of "celebratory finish."
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 0.52

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2012, 03:05:01 PM »

Meh, all of the weather agencies/websites are saying there's at least a chance of thunderstorms, so they could really be moving it because of the weather (or at least it makes for a decent excuse Tongue ).

Its never seemed to bother him before: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=obama+in+the+rain&qpvt=obama+in+the+rain&FORM=IGRE
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2012, 03:05:36 PM »

Politico reports that because of the last minute switch, the DNC won't be able to get balloons for a balloon drop tomorrow night but there will be a different type of "celebratory finish."

Celebratory finish huh? Sounds pretty kinky.
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2012, 01:17:57 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2012, 05:41:09 PM by MorningInAmerica »

I just snapped this photo from my building in uptown. If you squint, you can see in the far back, top left corner, the Bank of America stadium (or as DWS and Villarigosa and the rest of the DNC crew incorrectly call it, "Panthers stadium"). It's a beautiful Thursday here in Charlotte. I hope the 40K angry Democrats who don't get to attend this historic event enjoyed their "conference call" earlier.

5:30 PM update. This is Bank of America Tower, just a few blocks away from the original site of Obama's speech. Too bad...could have had a packed stadium.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2012, 05:29:15 PM »

This is definitely going to end up being a minor embarrassment.
Hoverbored123
Rookie
United States

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 06:02:05 PM »

(Image omitted)
I just snapped this photo from my building in uptown. If you squint, you can see in the far back, top left corner, the Bank of America stadium (or as DWS and Villarigosa and the rest of the DNC crew incorrectly call it, "Panthers stadium"). It's a beautiful Thursday here in Charlotte. I hope the 40K angry Democrats who don't get to attend this historic event enjoyed their "conference call" earlier.

5:30 PM update. This is Bank of America Tower, just a few blocks away from the original site of Obama's speech. Too bad...could have had a packed stadium.
(Image omitted)

We had worse weather than that in L.A. yesterday.  It makes you wonder whether it really was about the weather; then again, who can tell?  

I'm wondering what the president's poll numbers will look like coming out of the convention.  With the jobs report due out this week and after all that unpleasantness, I wonder what kind of "bounce" the president can reasonably expect.  
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2012, 08:30:06 PM »

Well apparently it did rain in Charlotte.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/06/charlotte-nc-weather-democratic-national-convention_n_1862601.html
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2012, 08:37:21 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2012, 08:39:45 PM by MorningInAmerica »

And? It rained for about 15 minutes around 3:00pm in Uptown today, like it does about every other day. Just admit...Stephanie Cutter and crew think we're stupid.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2012, 08:41:55 PM »

And? It rained for about 15 minutes around 3:00pm in Uptown today, like it does about every other day. Just admit...Stephanie Cutter and crew think we're stupid.

Gee, I wonder why?
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2012, 08:55:51 PM »

Well, by we, I was mostly referring to you.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies