Rate Sandra Fluke speech
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:23:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Rate Sandra Fluke speech
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Rate Sandra Fluke's speech
A

B

C

D

F

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 65

Author Topic: Rate Sandra Fluke speech  (Read 5261 times)
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: -6.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2012, 01:15:14 PM »
« edited: September 06, 2012, 04:04:26 PM by Bacon King »

F. An angry one-issue sincere and professional woman, hope that Former President William Jefferson Clinton comforted her backstage with a friendly and cordial hug.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2012, 01:19:41 PM »

I think the best part of Fluke's speech was when she said something about decisions on birth control being made by people who will never use it. That needed to be said.

The people that use it should pay for it.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2012, 01:30:49 PM »

Good lord, this forum should really stop talking about women. It's embarrassing.

Indeed, indeed.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2012, 03:57:28 PM »

I thought her speech was great. And, to offer a female perspective of it, my roommates that watched the DNC with me (who, admittedly, are all feminist athiest lesbian leftists) each considered her speech to be the second or third best so far and all believe it will do a lot to secure the female vote for Obama. 
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2012, 04:01:35 PM »

I thought her speech was great. And, to offer a female perspective of it, my roommates that watched the DNC with me (who, admittedly, are all feminist athiest lesbian leftists) each considered her speech to be the second or third best so far and all believe it will do a lot to secure the female vote for Obama.  

This is the fundamental dichotomy of how the Dems run their convention. They go hard on rallying the base before network primetime and then pivot more to the middle for the last hour with the first speech being a bit partisan and the second being right down the middle.

This is because there are simply more democrats and democratic leaning voters than there are Republicans and R leaning voters. The Dems win if they simply can get their voters motivated.

So for me, the Fluke speech did little or nothing. but I wasn't the target, and I doubt many or any of the readers here were either.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2012, 04:05:20 PM »

F. An angry one-issue sincere and professional woman, hope that Former President William Jefferson Clinton comforted her backstage with a friendly and cordial hug.

Quit the downright trolling. Either that or get some therapy.
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 0.52

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2012, 04:07:02 PM »

Well, like you sort of said yourself, so far this speech has thumbs up from "feminist atheist lesbian leftists." That may be representative of Sandra Fluke's audience, but not all women in general.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 04:10:26 PM »

Good lord, this forum should really stop talking about women. It's embarrassing.

And they wonder why this place remains a sausagefest.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2012, 04:11:07 PM »

Well, like you sort of said yourself, so far this speech has thumbs up from "feminist atheist lesbian leftists." That may be representative of Sandra Fluke's audience, but not all women in general.

Yes, but I still trust they know more about the sort of arguments that appeal to the average American woman than most men do (especially on this forum).
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2012, 04:11:34 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2012, 04:36:03 PM by Bacon King »

While most women may not be atheists, most are left-leaning feminists with closeted desires for sexual interaction with the same sex[citation needed?].

MODNOTE: In an effort to encourage debate, it would be greatly preferable to support unusual claims with evidence. Also plz don't delete modedits
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2012, 04:15:41 PM »

D, I don't think she really fit into the theme of the night. She didn't talk about the economy. She only talked about how the right attacked her and how special she was to be there. It would have been better to have had her speak on Tuesday.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2012, 04:17:41 PM »

While most women may not be atheists, most are left-leaning feminists with closeted desires for sexual interaction with the same sex[citation needed?].

Well, now I'm ignoring you. Good job.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2012, 04:28:05 PM »

Well, now I'm ignoring you. Good job.

If you want to ignore the facts, fine.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2012, 04:33:01 PM »

If mondale has suddenly become "the facts," then yes—I'd suggest ignoring them.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2012, 04:53:46 PM »

If mondale has suddenly become "the facts," then yes—I'd suggest ignoring them.

Coming from the party that "won't be dictated to by fact-checkers".... Roll Eyes
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2012, 05:11:25 PM »

This thread needs to be stickied as an answer to anyone wondering why we can't get more women to join this forum.  

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2012, 05:16:46 PM »

I think she did fine, considering that the gender gap is a big part of Obama winning the election, I think it fires up base female voters. The point of her being there was to demonstrate that Romney isn't willing to stand up to the extreme wing of the GOP, she clearly talked about that.

It's interesting to me that Sandra Fluke was turned into a villain, yet it was Rush Limbaugh who called her out of her name for speaking her opinion, which in turn got her much attention. Really, if anyone deserves derision, it's Rush Limbaugh.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2012, 06:00:04 PM »

Your ideas about individual volition and economics are delusions, J.J.  The individual volition that you imagine is not real at all, and if there were ever a case where that should be clear to anyone it is the epidemiological one.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2012, 06:01:59 PM »

She needs to go make me a sandwich and get me a beer, and stfu.

I bet you have posters of Ann Coulter in a bikini on your wall.
I would not mind having a picture of Michelle Malkin in a bikini Wink But...no..not Mann Coulter.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2012, 06:04:01 PM »

Hahahahaha.....awesome

You guys do realize that you sound like dumb 11-year-old boys when you talk like this?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2012, 06:04:14 PM »

I think the best part of Fluke's speech was when she said something about decisions on birth control being made by people who will never use it. That needed to be said.

They do, through their health insurance premiums.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2012, 06:08:28 PM »

Why is this so hard for Republicans?

Free birth control for poor women costs MUCH less than paying for poor children's health care, education, etc.  Even moreso if the woman is on welfare, since statistically the child is likely to be too when he/she grows up.  Opposing free birth control pills is supporting higher welfare spending.

Also, it will lower the abortion rate.  Opposing free birth control pills is supporting a higher abortion rate.

This one is basic math, with an added anti-abortion benefit.  It is mind boggling that Republicans are so against it.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2012, 06:11:39 PM »

Free birth control for poor women costs MUCH less than paying for poor children's health care, education, etc.  Even moreso if the woman is on welfare, since statistically the child is likely to be too when he/she grows up.  Opposing free birth control pills is supporting higher welfare spending.

Also, it will lower the abortion rate.  Opposing free birth control pills is supporting a higher abortion rate.

This one is basic math, with an added anti-abortion benefit.  It is mind boggling that Republicans are so against it.

Add epidemiology to the long list of sciences which they willfully refuse to understand Harry.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2012, 06:13:29 PM »

Add epidemiology to the long list of sciences which they willfully refuse to understand Harry.

Granted, but this one has a clear link to one of their obsessions (ending abortion).  They should be all over this.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2012, 06:16:27 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2012, 06:47:17 PM by Bacon King »

Hahahahaha.....awesome

You guys do realize that you sound like dumb 11-year-old boys when you talk like this?

No, Alcon.  She sounds like a a very nice and friendly young woman.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies