The College Compendium: my attention whore thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:12:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The College Compendium: my attention whore thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The College Compendium: my attention whore thread  (Read 2459 times)
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 06, 2012, 08:47:36 AM »

As I'm looking to apply there, this is a fascinating thread that I hope you keep updating. I'd probably be one of those AP/IB students from an upper middle class bubble, for the record, but I'd like to think I'm not ignorant of the world around me. I'm not "flying the black flag from suburban California" however, so perhaps I'd be less hypocritical.

I've thought the same thing regarding "the fancy word users." When someone throws out phrases like "myriad of minutia," I doubt their intellect rather than be astonished at it.

Are the professors excellent? Is the workload as demanding as advertised?
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 12:20:04 AM »

Update: I met Ezra Klein and gave him a fanboy shout out. I am feeling defeated by college in so many ways. This school is tough.

Well, they advertise that. I'm discouraged from attending as a result. If you don't mind me asking, what sort of financial aid are you getting?
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 12:50:41 AM »

You guys who like telonovela nonsense will enjoy my latest contribution to this thread. I got friend-zoned by someone I accidentally fell madly in love with (as it turns out I'm a romantic and kind of conservative in a few ways). Pree normal but I was also told that I was very attractive and that she needed to get to know me better before committing. Socially inept females confuse me. Say no and be like "ur a nice guy" or something if you want to let me down easy. Don't make up lies or be inadvertently mean.

That's far further than I've ever gone.

Ooooh, didn't notice that post. That sounds awful. Something like that happened to me recently as well, but I wouldn't like to talk about it/take away from your thread. It hurts, really... I also have the same tendency to do that. I hope things work out for you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies