Secret Service: We‘re ’Aware‘ of DNC Delegate’s Threat to ‘Kill’ Romney
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:05:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Secret Service: We‘re ’Aware‘ of DNC Delegate’s Threat to ‘Kill’ Romney
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Secret Service: We‘re ’Aware‘ of DNC Delegate’s Threat to ‘Kill’ Romney  (Read 1991 times)
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 06, 2012, 04:58:07 PM »

Really? The lady should be hauled off to prison and serve time for that statement. Regardless of party, anybody who wishes death on somebody cause you disagree with them is lower than pond scum.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/secret-service-were-aware-of-dnc-delegates-threat-to-kill-romney/
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 05:01:08 PM »

It's called free speech dude. Probably a good number of people on both sides feel the same about the opposite side's candidate.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 05:02:47 PM »

It's called free speech dude. Probably a good number of people on both sides feel the same about the opposite side's candidate.
Yes, but the lady made herself look like a freakin moron.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 05:04:02 PM »

I agree. But supporters on both sides have made themselves look moronic. Have you seen some of the clips of supporters from Romney/Ryan rallies?
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 05:05:18 PM »

There is a big difference between saying "I wish xx was dead" and saying "I will kill xx". Only one of these is protected free speech.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 05:07:47 PM »

There is a big difference between saying "I wish xx was dead" and saying "I will kill xx". Only one of these is protected free speech.

The lady didn't say "I will kill Mitt Romney".
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 05:09:44 PM »

I agree. But supporters on both sides have made themselves look moronic. Have you seen some of the clips of supporters from Romney/Ryan rallies?
I have yes, both sides are guilty of saying derogatory remarks.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 05:11:22 PM »

The lady didn't say "I will kill Mitt Romney".

You know, you really don't have to defend the stupid things a person does just because they're a Democrat.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 05:11:44 PM »

I wonder if the DNC provides delegates with a media relations guide. SOmething that should let them know, if you talk to the press dont sound like a lunatic. Especially if you talk to Glenn Beck's The Blaze.  Last nights The Daily Show had a bunch of Dems looking very intolerant while touting how tolerant they were.
FloridaRepublican
justrhyno
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 05:12:58 PM »

"Free speech?"

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 05:13:37 PM »

That doesn't mean she should be arrested and serve actual time for this.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 05:14:17 PM »

That doesn't she should be arrested and serve actual time for this.
So you think it's a joke? Some people don't take that lightly.

She should of said, 'if I see Romney, I would like to tell him why I won't vote for him or something'.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 05:15:25 PM »

You have free speech but you can't go around saying "I want to kill X" especially if they're a public official. Goodness I can't believe people are defending this
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 05:17:08 PM »

As contemptible as this woman is, I don't think she should serve actual time either. Her exact wording was "I'd like to kill Romney", which while being disgusting and completely unacceptable, doesn't really clearly cross into over the prosecutable threat line.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 05:18:43 PM »

As contemptible as this woman is, I don't think she should serve actual time either. Her exact wording was "I'd like to kill Romney", which while being disgusting and completely unacceptable, doesn't really clearly cross into over the prosecutable threat line.
I might have over reacted to her saying what she said, but still, it's unacceptable.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 05:21:59 PM »

Plus, does anyone actually think this old woman is a serious threat to Romney or, well, anyone? I think a little common sense sort of has to be exercised on this one.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 05:23:49 PM »

I'm just kind of surprised Mitt Romney of all people could elicit such a strong reaction from anyone.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2012, 05:26:43 PM »

Free speech only goes so far until you're threatening to take the life of another human being, regardless of who they are. I'm fairly certain if a white Southern Republican said he wanted to kill Obama, you and the left would be up in arms and would probably advocate for him to spend the rest of his life in prison.
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2012, 05:29:01 PM »

I might have over reacted to her saying what she said, but still, it's unacceptable.

Agreed. She should be expelled as a DNC delegate. And that should be the end of it.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2012, 05:30:28 PM »

Free speech only goes so far until you're threatening to take the life of another human being, regardless of who they are. I'm fairly certain if a white Southern Republican said he wanted to kill Obama, you and the left would be up in arms and would probably advocate for him to spend the rest of his life in prison.

Not me!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2012, 06:42:50 PM »

You have free speech but you can't go around saying "I want to kill X" especially if they're a public official. Goodness I can't believe people are defending this
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2012, 06:48:33 PM »

Please, stupid remarks said by stupid people at either convention should not be a reflection on the entire party. That's common sense. Those folks at the RNC who threw peanuts at the black camerawoman were racist pricks, but it doesn't mean all Republicans are racist.

It only becomes reflective on the party when tons of people say terrible things over a long period of time.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2012, 08:20:27 PM »

Please, stupid remarks said by stupid people at either convention should not be a reflection on the entire party. That's common sense. Those folks at the RNC who threw peanuts at the black camerawoman were racist pricks, but it doesn't mean all Republicans are racist.

It only becomes reflective on the party when tons of people say terrible things over a long period of time.

That, and the Secret Service has protocol for these things...as long as they follow protocol then I don't see a problem really.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2012, 09:36:00 PM »

So this is the kind of imbeciles the Democrats choose as delegates to their conventions.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2012, 10:02:24 PM »

If it were me, I would just say "I think Romney's an asshole and it'd be a cold day in hell before I vote for him".

Wishing death on people is just bad karma.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies