Which state next to come off battleground list? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:10:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Which state next to come off battleground list? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which state next to come off battleground list?
NC

FL

IA

VA

CO

OH

WI

NH

NV

None/all will remain battlegrounds

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 61

Author Topic: Which state next to come off battleground list?  (Read 3282 times)
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« on: September 06, 2012, 09:17:52 PM »

NV will be off from Romney, I think that's it.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 09:20:40 PM »

NV and CO both seem too hard for Mitt to take back. He polls terribly with Hispanics and has a let-them-eat-cake attitude toward distressed homeowners (bad for NV). And Colorado just has too many of those upscale, educated white people who were Rockefeller Republicans in an earlier era and today vote for Obama. The Republicans' awful performance in CO in 2010 of all years suggests it's a swing state that will likely have turned blue by 2016.
1.  That's not true, CO is mostly an Independent state with a streak of Republican voters. GOP registered voters are higher than DEM in 2012.

2. 2010 for the GOP in CO was a fluke, they ran joke candidates and the opponents ran a strictly on social issues.  So I disagree with you.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 03:28:44 PM »

Well this is how I see the current state of the race:

So I think the next state to come off the battleground map is NC, once Obama locks it up.
Montana, Arizona, Georgia and Indiana are not tossup. Colorado, Florida, Virginia and New Hampshire are tossup.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 03:33:55 PM »

So I think the next state to come off the battleground map is NC, once Obama locks it up.
Colorado, Florida, Virginia and New Hampshire are not tossup. Montana, Arizona, Georgia and Indiana are tossup.

Fixed. The DNC was successful beyond anyone's wildest dreams and Bubba's speach is probably going to swing these tossups to Obama. I can see Tennessee, Texas, and the Dakota's getting competitive in the next few weeks.
Take off your hack goggles, wtf are you talking about.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 03:38:53 PM »

Colorado, Florida, Virginia and New Hampshire are not tossup. Montana, Arizona, Georgia and Indiana are tossup.

Fixed. The DNC was successful beyond anyone's wildest dreams and Bubba's speach is probably going to swing these tossups to Obama. I can see Tennessee, Texas, and the Dakota's getting competitive in the next few weeks.

I'm talking about the current state of the race. Obama's prospects have never been better. He's at 52% on Gallup and only 43% disapprove. The base is fired up and the independents are flocking to the equal opportunity ticket in droves. Obama will probably end up winning bigger than in 2008 because the American people have faith and no one likes Romney.
23+ million unemployed people are going to vote for Obama a 2nd term?  Give me a break, that's the most hackish thing I've seen on this thread. Obama is good at throwing red meat to his crowd of appeal that you know so well.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 03:45:12 PM »

I'm talking about the current state of the race. Obama's prospects have never been better. He's at 52% on Gallup and only 43% disapprove. The base is fired up and the independents are flocking to the equal opportunity ticket in droves. Obama will probably end up winning bigger than in 2008 because the American people have faith and no one likes Romney.
23+ million unemployed people are going to vote for Obama a 2nd term?  Give me a break, that's the most hackish thing I've seen on this thread.

The unemployed of America are hopeful for a better tomorrow because of our President's bold vision. Furthermore, the unemployed are grateful to a President who has fought for their benefits and their jobs against an opponent who would have fired them long ago and shipped every one of their jobs overseas in order to pocket his profit.
I don't know where to go with this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies