The Empathy of Mittens (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:37:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Empathy of Mittens (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Empathy of Mittens  (Read 6106 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: September 11, 2012, 04:56:19 PM »

It's mind numbing how much of a prick this guy is. He isn't even trying to conceal it.

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/09/11/831201/romneys-insensitivity-to-lgbt-people-i-didnt-know-you-had-families/

David Wilson and Julie Goodridge, two of the plaintiffs whose case led to the legalization of marriage equality in Massachusetts, described meeting with Romney to discuss their experiences. According to Wilson, “it was like talking to a robot. No expression, no feeling.” At one point, Romney remarked, “I didn’t know you had families.” Goodridge recalls her final exchange with the governor, which proved to her that he had “no capacity for empathy”:

GOODRIDGE: Governor Romney, tell me — what would you suggest I say to my 8 year-old daughter about why her mommy and her ma can’t get married because you, the governor of her state, are going to block our marriage?

ROMNEY: I don’t really care what you tell your adopted daughter. Why don’t you just tell her the same thing you’ve been telling her the last eight years.

Romney described the meeting to the press as “pleasant,” as Goodridge cried.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 04:58:27 PM »

So, he's confronted by an antagonistic woman asking a loaded question that probably pissed him off, and you expect Romney to answer in a polite way given the question?

Yes because he is, you know, a politician.

And if he is gets pissed off and becomes mean-spirited so easily then that's another argument against him to have the nuclear codes. 
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 10:23:31 AM »

Look what Smeagol finds! Statistically significant & everything:

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2010/01/divorce-rates-appear-higher-in-states.html

Banning Gay Marriage is correlated with Increasing Divorce Rates.

Damn those facts and their well known liberal bias.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies