Romney campaign in a mess; cancels FL event after stupid statement.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:34:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney campaign in a mess; cancels FL event after stupid statement.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Romney campaign in a mess; cancels FL event after stupid statement.  (Read 4604 times)
User157088589849
BlondeArtisit

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 12, 2012, 09:16:21 AM »

Romneys event in Jacksonville is currently all over the place. From being in a happy rallying mood they have ushered everyone out and scrambled together some american flags so he can make a statement. This was decided at 09.30ET. At 09.00ET republicans were dancing and clapping to music...what changed Mitt comments last night have gone viral and its full blown damage control.

The guy is just not fit to be President. In the heat of the moment he has no discipline. He says things without any thought when unprepared.

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 09:48:25 AM »

Ah, he just gave it, solemnly.   
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 09:50:53 AM »

So what's going on with Romney and the embassy situation? He is taking back his hasty remarks?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 09:55:42 AM »

So what's going on with Romney and the embassy situation? He is taking back his hasty remarks?

No, he reiterated them (but they are remarks Obama has been distancing himself from). 
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 10:04:35 AM »

I conclude, then, that so long as Fortune varies and men stand still, they will prosper while they suit the times, and fail when they do not.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 10:17:42 AM »

At 09.00ET republicans were dancing and clapping to music...what changed Mitt comments last night have gone viral and its full blown damage control.

Which comments?  Sorry, I've been out of the loop for a few hours, and haven't caught whatever virus is going viral.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 10:18:50 AM »

No, he reiterated them (but they are remarks Obama has been distancing himself from). 

The embassy did the right thing in their situation. And Romney has no right to attack them (or Obama lol).
Foucaulf
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 10:34:47 AM »

At 09.00ET republicans were dancing and clapping to music...what changed Mitt comments last night have gone viral and its full blown damage control.

Which comments?  Sorry, I've been out of the loop for a few hours, and haven't caught whatever virus is going viral.

Between a movie filmed in California denouncing Islam and attacks on the US consulate in Benghazi inspired by said film, the US Embassy in Cairo issued a statement on twitter condemning attempts at disrespecting other religions, targeted at the film.

Romney believed the Embassy's tweets were issued in response to the consulate attack and thus focused on criticizing the administration for "apologizing." He repeated this claim between official statements on the attack by Clinton and Obama.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 10:37:28 AM »

This guy is a dope......a damn dope.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 10:38:33 AM »

Between a movie filmed in California denouncing Islam and attacks on the US consulate in Benghazi inspired by said film, the US Embassy in Cairo issued a statement on twitter condemning attempts at disrespecting other religions, targeted at the film.

Romney believed the Embassy's tweets were issued in response to the consulate attack and thus focused on criticizing the administration for "apologizing." He repeated this claim between official statements on the attack by Clinton and Obama.

Oh yeah, I knew all of that.  Didn't think it was a big enough deal to "go viral" or whatever.  Come on, there's no evidence to suggest that whatever scheduling issues Romney has with this event in Florida is because of the embassy issue, is there?
Foucaulf
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 10:44:36 AM »
« Edited: September 12, 2012, 10:51:35 AM by Foucaulf »

Oh yeah, I knew all of that.  Didn't think it was a big enough deal to "go viral" or whatever.  Come on, there's no evidence to suggest that whatever scheduling issues Romney has with this event in Florida is because of the embassy issue, is there?

From what I know the rally was switched around so Romney could make his big statement on the attacks, then pulled because they realized it would be at the same time as the official statements... then reinstated between the two statements anyway.

His speech is going viral because it's callously political and inappropriate and focused completely on an inaccurate talking point: at least, that is how I would put it. Reactions on this forum to it are a lot milder than I thought they would be.

(Oh, and this image...)
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 10:54:06 AM »

Romney believed the Embassy's tweets were issued in response to the consulate attack and thus focused on criticizing the administration for "apologizing."  He repeated this claim between official statements on the attack by Clinton and Obama.

The worst part, of course, is that the Embassy's tweets occurred before the attacks.  To me, this whole mess says a lot about the state of the Romney campaign.  It comes across as desperate, trying to twist any issue and use it for political gain.  They could not even wait for the facts to come in before attacking Obama.  

It looks like plenty of Republicans are criticizing the Romney campaign for its response now as well.  The irony of this whole thing, is that it should not have been political in any way, but I believe it made the president look presidential in comparison to his challenger.

Note:  I removed the links in the quoted post.  I'm new and the forum would not allow me to post links.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 11:04:08 AM »

To be honest, I think there is so much viciousness from both sides, that I really didn't notice.

Today's headlines:
 AMERICANS KILLED IN LIBYA
 Romney campaign links attacks to Obama's failed Middle East policies...
 White House gave 'mixed signals'...
 Romney: I Wouldn't Turn Down Netanyahu Meeting...
 New Tracking Poll:  CONVENTION BOUNCE GONE: O 46% R 45%...

I don't see anything negative or politically fatal for Romney or Obama.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 11:14:43 AM »
« Edited: September 12, 2012, 11:22:03 AM by Yank2133 »

To be honest, I think there is so much viciousness from both sides, that I really didn't notice.

Today's headlines:
 AMERICANS KILLED IN LIBYA
 Romney campaign links attacks to Obama's failed Middle East policies...
 White House gave 'mixed signals'...
 Romney: I Wouldn't Turn Down Netanyahu Meeting...
 New Tracking Poll:  CONVENTION BOUNCE GONE: O 46% R 45%...

I don't see anything negative or politically fatal for Romney or Obama.

lol, Mitt just proved he is not fit to be Commander-in-Chief.......he screwed up badly.

But by all means, continue to spin.......
Foucaulf
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 11:15:48 AM »

I encourage you to stop reading the Drudge Report and just look at reactions to the Romney speech on Twitter. Easier yet, do a search on Google News; easier still, look at the photo I posted before.

(My apologies if I sound more hackish than usual but Romney's speech kindled anger on a fuel of cynicism, so to speak)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 11:20:32 AM »

Everyone, everyone is attacking Mitt Romney over this.

As they rightly should. His comments were disgraceful.
Sasquatch

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -8.52

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 11:21:58 AM »

Romney seems to have lost focus. These last few weeks for the Romney campaign remind me of John Kerry's campaign in September 2004.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2012, 11:34:38 AM »

This is it, He is finished. Obama will win now. and some people believe Romney will be president lol he will be for the rich people not for you.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2012, 11:38:04 AM »

http://www.buzzfeed.com/bensmith/foreign-policy-hands-voice-disbelief-at-romney-cai

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 11:43:52 AM »

Romney jumped the shark

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 11:53:27 AM »

Compare and contrast

HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 11:57:20 AM »

Whatever Romney's reaction, this attack happened on Obama's watch, not Romney's. And whatever happens with the political noise of this situation, it's not going to erase that fact.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2012, 12:00:56 PM »

I encourage you to stop reading the Drudge Report and just look at reactions to the Romney speech on Twitter. Easier yet, do a search on Google News; easier still, look at the photo I posted before.

(My apologies if I sound more hackish than usual but Romney's speech kindled anger on a fuel of cynicism, so to speak)

twitter is dem stronghold...
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2012, 12:05:07 PM »

Whatever Romney's reaction, this attack happened on Obama's watch, not Romney's. And whatever happens with the political noise of this situation, it's not going to erase that fact.

Nobody said it happened on Romney's watch, but his response to it was totally inappropriate and incorrect. Smiling while one of our Ambassadors is dead is not really a good photo op at all.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2012, 12:06:13 PM »

lol

have you better ?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies