Romney campaign in a mess; cancels FL event after stupid statement. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:05:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney campaign in a mess; cancels FL event after stupid statement. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney campaign in a mess; cancels FL event after stupid statement.  (Read 4660 times)
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: September 12, 2012, 10:54:06 AM »

Between a movie filmed in California denouncing Islam and attacks on the US consulate in Benghazi inspired by said film, the US Embassy in Cairo issued a statement on twitter condemning attempts at disrespecting other religions, targeted at the film.

Romney believed the Embassy's tweets were issued in response to the consulate attack and thus focused on criticizing the administration for "apologizing."  He repeated this claim between official statements on the attack by Clinton and Obama.

The worst part, of course, is that the Embassy's tweets occurred before the attacks.  To me, this whole mess says a lot about the state of the Romney campaign.  It comes across as desperate, trying to twist any issue and use it for political gain.  They could not even wait for the facts to come in before attacking Obama.  

It looks like plenty of Republicans are criticizing the Romney campaign for its response now as well.  The irony of this whole thing, is that it should not have been political in any way, but I believe it made the president look presidential in comparison to his challenger.

Note:  I removed the links in the quoted post.  I'm new and the forum would not allow me to post links.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies