MT: Public Policy Polling: Romney up five, three with Johnson
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:05:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  MT: Public Policy Polling: Romney up five, three with Johnson
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: MT: Public Policy Polling: Romney up five, three with Johnson  (Read 3582 times)
Linus Van Pelt

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2012, 08:05:31 PM »

There's nothing wrong with pointing out that a poll has a sample that's off. But "for ppp, 2012=2008" is just wrong. PPP, as has been explained numerous times on the forum, does NOT weight for party ID and is not making any conscious estimate of what the party ID will be. The same applies to most other pollsters. This was also what was so frustrating about that Bawlexus dude; it was all "PPP thinks this" and "Quinnipiac thinks that" when this was just a mistake.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2012, 12:14:57 AM »

So is this proof that Johnson hurts Romney more than Obama?
technical support
thrillr1111
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2012, 09:06:22 AM »

could you imagine if Obama went to Montana to campaign. I don't see it happening though. That would be a big headache for Romney. Being down just up just 5 points in Montana. An appearance from Obama will make it even closer.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2012, 12:49:18 PM »

Polling Gary Johnson in Montana but not New Mexico is quite funny.

The NM poll was paid for by a private client, and said client didn't want Gary Johnson included in the poll.

Hey, that's exactly what I was going to post.

By the way, Umengus, how can you be such a troll? You only post about the partisan ID of the polls you don't like. And even if they are accurate, you ignore the facts and continue claiming that the poll is biased. Please, next time think about it before posting:

Highly competitive senate election -----> Higher dem turnout in a GOP state / Higher GOP turnout in dem states.

sorry guy but the party id is the base of the "polling science". That explains the differences of the results for different polls polling the same state at the same time.
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 0.52

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2012, 05:38:49 PM »

This poll confirms Montana's status as a tossup state.

R+5 during Obama's convention bounce simply confirms a state that will vote Romney in the upper single digits if he's losing and by double-digits if he's winning.

This isn't a convention bounce, its permanent. This poll was taken over the last two days and shows that the Romney campaign is tanking nationally. Obama is heading toward a double digit win nationally and that's why Montana remains a tossup.

Er, no, it's a convention bounce, a fairly weak one at that considering history, and one which considering some other recently released polling (O+11 in Washington, R+9 in Arizona) indicates is very likely already receding.

Short some sort of rally-round-the-flag cataclysm a la 9/11, Montana is safe for Romney.

Stop trolling. You know as well as I that the PPP polls recently have all been Republican-leaning recently because the company is trying to prove it's "neutral" which ironically convinces me that they've turned into Republican hacks.

How about we all agree that whenever Mondale84 calls someone a troll (which again, is every few seconds these days), we just send him a link to this: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=157757.0 AND this: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=159141.0 He's like a damn broken record.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2012, 05:45:10 PM »

R+5 during Obama's convention bounce simply confirms a state that will vote Romney in the upper single digits if he's losing and by double-digits if he's winning.

This isn't a convention bounce, its permanent. This poll was taken over the last two days and shows that the Romney campaign is tanking nationally. Obama is heading toward a double digit win nationally and that's why Montana remains a tossup.

Er, no, it's a convention bounce, a fairly weak one at that considering history, and one which considering some other recently released polling (O+11 in Washington, R+9 in Arizona) indicates is very likely already receding.

Short some sort of rally-round-the-flag cataclysm a la 9/11, Montana is safe for Romney.

Stop trolling. You know as well as I that the PPP polls recently have all been Republican-leaning recently because the company is trying to prove it's "neutral" which ironically convinces me that they've turned into Republican hacks.

How about we all agree that whenever Mondale84 calls someone a troll (which again, is every few seconds these days), we just send him a link to this: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=157757.0 AND this: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=159141.0 He's like a damn broken record.

Listen MorninginAmerica, unlike you and the teflon-President you idolize, I don't really care whether a few right-wingers on an internet forum think I'm trolling. I'm here to gather information, judge it, and present analysis within and without the forum. If you don't appreciate it, that's fine, you can put me on ignore, but I actually have opinions that I can defend and back up with facts, not spin.

If you have a problem with what I say, ignore it. If you don't, it's your own damn fault.
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2012, 05:54:04 PM »

No one is trying to shut off your opinions. What I think  we're all confused by is your incessant use of the word "troll," especially when you seem to be the consenus troll of the forum. I notice how you don't address that hyposcrisy at all. Care to now?

I have NO problem with discussion and disagreement, but is it possible for you to make it more than 2 posts without dropping the "troll" bomb?
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2012, 05:58:34 PM »

No one is trying to shut off your opinions. What I think  we're all confused by is your incessant use of the word "troll," especially when you seem to be the consenus troll of the forum. I notice how you don't address that hyposcrisy at all. Care to now?

I have NO problem with discussion and disagreement, but is it possible for you to make it more than 2 posts without dropping the "troll" bomb?

It is hard to not use that word when describing right-wingers who completely ignore data, facts, and the public consensus to merely aggravate the rest of the people on this forum.

The 2012 board has long run amok with right wingers who troll - see above definition. I have been recently more vocal in my objections to the hackishness of said posters so that they can understand that the vast majority of forumites don't appreciate what they have turned this discussion section into.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2012, 06:42:32 PM »

It is hard to not use that word when describing right-wingers who completely ignore data, facts, and the public consensus to merely aggravate the rest of the people on this forum.

The 2012 board has long run amok with right wingers who troll - see above definition. I have been recently more vocal in my objections to the hackishness of said posters so that they can understand that the vast majority of forumites don't appreciate what they have turned this discussion section into.

Even I, a hackish liberal with -6.5 E/S score, am tired of you, Mondale84. I'm surprised you are a moderate (-3 in the PoliticalMatrix). So, please, calm down, read the poll, believe what you want to and let the rest of the people share, politely, their opinions.

BTW, I think Montana will go for Romney by 6 to 8 points, so, IMO, this poll is more accurate than Rasmussen, which had Romney leading by 17.
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2012, 07:08:25 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2012, 07:11:05 PM by MorningInAmerica »

No one is trying to shut off your opinions. What I think  we're all confused by is your incessant use of the word "troll," especially when you seem to be the consenus troll of the forum. I notice how you don't address that hyposcrisy at all. Care to now?

I, a liberal with -6.5 E/S score, am tired of you, Mondale84. I'm surprised you are a moderate (-3 in the PoliticalMatrix). So, please, calm down, read the poll, believe what you want to and let the rest of the people share, politely, their opinions.

BTW, I think Montana will go for Romney by 6 to 8 points, so, IMO, this poll is more accurate than Rasmussen, which had Romney leading by 17.

Very well said Julio. Very.
danny
Israel

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2012, 08:40:59 PM »

Funny that to use this definition, as that's exactly what you seem to be doing on this forum. And no, I'm not a Romney supporter.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2012, 10:07:42 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2012, 10:27:33 PM by Meeker »

Obama should run "negative" ads highlighting Johnson's support for smaller government and lower taxes.*

*Not a serious proposal.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2012, 04:19:11 AM »

Even I, a hackish liberal with -6.5 E/S score, am tired of you, Mondale84. I'm surprised you are a moderate (-3 in the PoliticalMatrix). So, please, calm down, read the poll, believe what you want to and let the rest of the people share, politely, their opinions.

the ras poll was an outlier.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2012, 05:02:06 AM »

Listen MorninginAmerica, unlike you and the teflon-President you idolize, I don't really care whether a few right-wingers on an internet forum think I'm trolling.

Antonio, AFJ, morgieb, me, Hashemite, Kalwejt, Scott...
All right-wingers.

I see.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2012, 09:07:42 PM »

Moving Montana into "Likely Obama" category.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies