Notice about my recent absence
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:51:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Notice about my recent absence
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Notice about my recent absence  (Read 1755 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2005, 11:06:27 PM »

I hope you will recover as quickly as possible so you can run again so your life can get back to normal again. Smiley
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2005, 11:51:19 PM »

Sorry you're dropping out; good luck on your recovery.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2005, 12:32:56 PM »

Sorry to hear it. But good luck recovering!
Dr. Cynic
Lawrence Watson
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2005, 12:35:52 PM »

Nation, you know I wish you well for a speedy recovery.

Now, I have a question. Who will lead the Democrats in the D-1 Senate race?
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2005, 12:52:04 PM »

Why does there have to be a Democrat in the D1 race?  There wasn't one before Nation dropped out.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2005, 12:59:38 PM »

Why does there have to be a Democrat in the D1 race?  There wasn't one before Nation dropped out.

I'm guessing he means a red avatar.

As being a Democrat (red avatar), I'd love to go up there and run, but I've got my hands full enough running against StatesRights and George W. Bush already.  Smiley
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2005, 01:17:22 PM »

If I wasn't running for President, I would change my avatar red so the Dems would have someone to vote for.  Damn.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2005, 03:35:19 PM »

*Kevin Nation, in a video, speaks to Atlasia*

Citizens of District 1 and beyond, it is tonight that with regret -- I announce that I will be dropping out of the race for Senator Defarge's open senate seat.

I do this due to my extreme lack of campaigning due to an unexpected injury of which I am coming out of recovery,  but simply do not have the energy to devote that a senate seat requires.

I thank God and all of the support I have received among my colleagues in Buffalo, Nyman DC, and elsewhere. I know I will return to politics one day, but that day is not today. I invite all those who were still planning a run for senate to come back into the race --- the pollsters may just give you a better chance now. Wink

Thank you, good night, and God Bless.

You ran a great campaign and I was honored to be your opponent. I wish you the best of luck in your recovery and the best of luck in your future indeavours.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2005, 04:05:31 PM »

Too bad.

Perhaps Lawrence may jump back in.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2005, 04:40:28 PM »

*Kevin Nation, in a video, speaks to Atlasia*

Citizens of District 1 and beyond, it is tonight that with regret -- I announce that I will be dropping out of the race for Senator Defarge's open senate seat.

I do this due to my extreme lack of campaigning due to an unexpected injury of which I am coming out of recovery,  but simply do not have the energy to devote that a senate seat requires.

I thank God and all of the support I have received among my colleagues in Buffalo, Nyman DC, and elsewhere. I know I will return to politics one day, but that day is not today. I invite all those who were still planning a run for senate to come back into the race --- the pollsters may just give you a better chance now. Wink

Thank you, good night, and God Bless.

:-(
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2005, 04:48:23 PM »

Sorry to hear this. I'm a ColinW supporter but you're one of my favorite Democrats on the forum, Nation. You would have made a great Senator.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2005, 09:17:12 PM »

If I wasn't running for President, I would change my avatar red so the Dems would have someone to vote for.  Damn.

LOL.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2005, 11:34:18 PM »

If I wasn't running for President, I would change my avatar red so the Dems would have someone to vote for. Damn.

Well, since you are more liberal than Colin is, you'd likely get most of the votes of Democrats in a hypothetical two-way Senate race, yes.

Though of course I don't know why people vote the way they do since I can't read minds, in my experience, people of all political persuasions vote on the basis of positions on issues, and to a lesser extent experience, much more than the avatar color.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2005, 11:37:03 PM »

A huge loss, for sure.

I think what Lawrence was getting at was that there is no longer anyone left of center in the race at all; although Nation wasn't a Democrat in Atlasian politics, he was still moderately liberal and a real-life Democrat; his issue positions were liberal enough for most Democrats.
Dr. Cynic
Lawrence Watson
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2005, 12:37:26 PM »

I had been in the race, but I was convinced that with Nation running, I couldn't have won, and would have taken the votes from the party. Now the party is without a candidate. If my computer is returned from the shop when I get home, I will re-enter. If it is not, I won't.

If I don't reply and announce my candidacy tonight, it's a "no" If I do, then consider me back in the race.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2005, 02:36:07 PM »

I had been in the race, but I was convinced that with Nation running, I couldn't have won, and would have taken the votes from the party. Now the party is without a candidate. If my computer is returned from the shop when I get home, I will re-enter. If it is not, I won't.

If I don't reply and announce my candidacy tonight, it's a "no" If I do, then consider me back in the race.

Taken votes from what party?  The Union Party?  That's the party Nation is a member of.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2005, 05:33:31 PM »

Taken votes from what party?  The Union Party?  That's the party Nation is a member of.

Yeah, I guess we will have to run Andrew now...
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2005, 05:46:33 PM »

Well if Andrew runs I'm out. Andrew and I agree to much on views to run against him. Really I don't see why you want to run a candidate against me King? I am really that bad of a candidate?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2005, 06:02:18 PM »

Well if Andrew runs I'm out. Andrew and I agree to much on views to run against him. Really I don't see why you want to run a candidate against me King? I am really that bad of a candidate?

No, just EVERY party that can, should run a candidate! It keeps these elections exciting and fun. Don't drop out because you have "similar views" with somebody, Colin.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2005, 06:12:18 PM »

I'm not running. I said that I wasn't running again for senate and I intend for things to stay that way. I vote for Colin.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2005, 06:14:08 PM »

No, just EVERY party that can, should run a candidate! It keeps these elections exciting and fun. Don't drop out because you have "similar views" with somebody, Colin.

I guess so but still the left only runs one candidate while the right runs two or three is not an option for victory especially if some people refuse to use Preferencial Voting. But you know what I believe in what you say, its just that all parties and all people in the political spectrum should follow that type of logic.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies