My Platform
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:09:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  My Platform
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My Platform  (Read 988 times)
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 26, 2005, 06:07:38 PM »
« edited: February 07, 2005, 05:32:52 PM by George W. Bush »

Hi, Im George W. Bush, And as most of you know by now I am running for Senate.

I am going to address and say how I fell about a wide variety of issues. Some may mean something to you and others you might not care about at all. If there is anything you want to know that I have not included please let me know.

I believe that human life is sacred, created in the image of god. Life begins at the moment of fertilization and ends at the point of natural death; however I would support an abortion if it was to save the mothers life.

I think that good government is based on the individual, and each person’s ability, dignity, freedom, and responsibility must be honored and recognized. I believe equal opportunity is a right and a privilege but equal outcome is not. I think that no one’s rights are negotiable and that individual freedom needs personal responsibility.

I think government spending is out of control, the old way of tax and spend needs to be changed. I support fundamental, immediate tax reform that is simple and fair.

I personally believe in traditional marriage; a legal and moral commitment between a man and a woman. But if two people of the same sex want to get married, that really doesn’t affect me so I think it is an issue best left to the states.

I think the most important thing in our society is having a well educated population. I think it shoul be a parents responsibility and choice to guide there child’s education however they see fit. I also think there should be more vocational schools and trade schools in public school systems. Not every kid can be a Doctor or Lawyer or Professional. Collage is not for everyone and I think vocational schools would help struggling lower class kids, or people who think collage is not what is best for them.

I think a strong Atlasia equals a free Atlasia. While we recognize that our nation is the primary leader in the global community, we must also uphold are diplomatic ties with our Friends and Allies abroad.

I believe the war on drugs has gone in the wrong direction. Locking people up just to release them and start all over again does not help anyone. We are wasting way too much tax payer’s money on over packing prisons without giving these people anyway to get help.

I support the death penalty in extreme or particularly gruesome circumstances, Such as Serial Killers, Terrorists and people who kill a cop.

If there is anything else people want to know about, Just let me know.
Redefeatbush04

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 06:11:23 PM »

I agree with most of your platform. What district are you running in and who are you running against?
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 06:16:51 PM »

I agree with most of your platform. What district are you running in and who are you running against?

Im running in D4 aginst Sam Spade and Senator States Rights.
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 07:57:14 PM »

Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2005, 08:03:04 PM »

Would you support a balanced budget Amendment?
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2005, 08:12:45 PM »

Would you support a balanced budget Amendment?

I do want to work on a balanced budget, but I don’t know if I would support the amendment. I really would rather not raise taxes, But If that would be necessary to balance the Budget then yea I would support it.
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2005, 09:59:44 PM »

Hear are my answers to some questions from an earlier post.

INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
Abortion is a woman's right: Disagree
Require companies to hire more women & minorities: Strongly Disagree
Homosexuals protected by civil rights laws: Agree
Permit prayer in public schools: Strongly Agree

DOMESTIC ISSUES
Death penalty: Agree
Mandatory three strikes sentencing laws: Strongly Disagree
Absolute right to gun ownership: Disagree
More federal funding for health coverage: Agree
Privatize social security: Agree
Parents choose schools via vouchers: Neutral
Reduce use of coal and oil: Neutral
Drug use is immoral, enforce laws against it: Strongly Agree
Allow churches to provide welfare services: Neutral

ECONOMIC ISSUES
Decrease overall taxation of the wealthy: Agree
Encourage immigration and offer amnesty: Strongly Disagree
Support & expand free trade: Agree

DEFENSE/INTERNATIONAL ISSUES
More spending on armed forces: Agree
End development of a missile defense ("Star Wars"): Agree
Link human rights to trade with China: Disagree
Seek UN participation in military action: Strongly Disagree
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2005, 10:24:44 AM »

I think the most important thing in our society is having a well educated population. I think it shoul be a parents responsibility and choice to guide there child’s education however they see fit. I also think there should be more vocational schools and trade schools in public school systems. Not every kid can be a Doctor or Lawyer or Professional. Collage is not for everyone and I think vocational schools would help struggling lower class kids, or people who think collage is not what is best for them.

Very nice point about the importance of vocational/community schools - I am a VERY strong supporter of them. What do others think?
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2005, 01:53:53 PM »

Very nice point about the importance of vocational/community schools - I am a VERY strong supporter of them. What do others think?

I agree 100%.  Here in Maryland we have a couple Vocational schools that offer programs ranging from auto mechanics to cosmetology and everything in between.  They are great for kids who have no desire to attend college, but do want to specialize in a particular field of work.
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2005, 02:45:29 PM »

I agree 100%.  Here in Maryland we have a couple Vocational schools that offer programs ranging from auto mechanics to cosmetology and everything in between.  They are great for kids who have no desire to attend college, but do want to specialize in a particular field of work.

Yea, my hometown in Texas that I went to High School in had a wonderful Vocational school. But the school my little brother goes to in Ohio now has no programs like that. It is unfortunate that they are not more common.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2005, 06:00:34 PM »

I am fine with the addition of vocational/trade schools and think they are a much needed part of a well-rounded curriculum.  I also, however, think this should be much more of a regional issue than a federal one for this simple reason.

Different regions have different needs with regards to certain trades and skills and can best determine where to spend funds at their best use for citizens in the region.

If the federal government were to fund grants to the regions for the promotion, funding and incentive-building of vocational/trade schools, I would be in support of that initiative.
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2005, 07:20:31 PM »

I am fine with the addition of vocational/trade schools and think they are a much needed part of a well-rounded curriculum.  I also, however, think this should be much more of a regional issue than a federal one for this simple reason.

Different regions have different needs with regards to certain trades and skills and can best determine where to spend funds at their best use for citizens in the region.

If the federal government were to fund grants to the regions for the promotion, funding and incentive-building of vocational/trade schools, I would be in support of that initiative.

It should be funded by the federal government and Decided by the school board what classes and curriculum to include.

Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2005, 07:49:20 PM »

It should be funded by the federal government and Decided by the school board what classes and curriculum to include.

Well, we don't necessarily have school board positions here.  In theory, I want education funding run at the most localized levels of government, because they are the ones who understand better the needs of the community, rather than the federal apparatus.  For Atlasia, that means regional governments.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2005, 05:33:12 PM »

I think it's great that you think we should focus on manuel labor vocational skills, Bush.  However, we must realize the need for increased technical and scientific knowledge even for the lower classes to compete in this new global job market.
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2005, 04:03:12 PM »

I think it's great that you think we should focus on manuel labor vocational skills, Bush.  However, we must realize the need for increased technical and scientific knowledge even for the lower classes to compete in this new global job market.

I agree completely. I think a program needs to be put in place that will pay for collage for people that do not have money for education. I think everyone should have the same Opportunity for education in this country.

Lt. Gov. Immy
Immy

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2005, 04:13:47 PM »

I agree with lot of the stuff you are saying, you seem more omderte then the other two candidates running.

Wow, it really pains me to say this, but if I was in District 4, I'd consider voting for someone named George W. Bush!!!!
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2005, 04:46:56 PM »

I agree with lot of the stuff you are saying, you seem more omderte then the other two candidates running.

Wow, it really pains me to say this, but if I was in District 4, I'd consider voting for someone named George W. Bush!!!!

lol, Well thank you very much Immy.
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2005, 01:30:21 AM »

WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2005, 03:20:31 PM »

Actually, the Technical-Vocational Institute here in Albuquerque is a very good source for technical knowledge (and a good starting point for scientific knowledge), all at a cost way less than the university here (like, one-tenth the cost, or even cheaper). There's a lot more than manual labor skills being taught here (although, trades can actually pay quite well).
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2005, 04:53:20 PM »

Interesting, I didn't realize we had a Republican populist running...I would be undecided on who to vote for were I in your district.
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2005, 09:44:40 PM »

George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2005, 12:33:30 AM »

Just pushing it up one more time, In case anyone is still undecided.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies