Election Night 2020: A Mini-Timeline
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:25:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Election Night 2020: A Mini-Timeline
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Election Night 2020: A Mini-Timeline  (Read 8165 times)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2012, 05:22:19 AM »

Keep in mind Rob Portman, Cuomo VP, is from the state. We're not done.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2012, 08:30:17 AM »

Listen.  This is a great idea.  But you have to admit it's a little bit extreme.  I'm not sure Obama or Romney will get over 300 EVs this year, much less the landslide you have him getting.  Also, while Hillary is very popular and Santorum's a total nut job, it's very unlikely for him to earn under 40-45% of the popular vote and less than 150 EVs after 8 years of Democratic administration, especially with unemployment still hovering around 6.5-7%.  I'm sorry if this insults you, but I'm just trying to give some constructive criticism.

Anyway, this is really interesting, so please continue Wink

I'm doing this for fun, not for realism. This is for my own entertainment so I don't get bored with writing From the Darkness.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2012, 08:38:49 AM »

Why does Cuomo have a Republican running mate, yet Huntsman a Democratic one?
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2012, 11:31:16 AM »

Why does Cuomo have a Republican running mate, yet Huntsman a Democratic one?

They both felt like closing the partisan divide in Washington. Time was ripe. Makes the timeline interesting.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2012, 05:45:35 PM »

Listen.  This is a great idea.  But you have to admit it's a little bit extreme.  I'm not sure Obama or Romney will get over 300 EVs this year, much less the landslide you have him getting.  Also, while Hillary is very popular and Santorum's a total nut job, it's very unlikely for him to earn under 40-45% of the popular vote and less than 150 EVs after 8 years of Democratic administration, especially with unemployment still hovering around 6.5-7%.  I'm sorry if this insults you, but I'm just trying to give some constructive criticism.

Anyway, this is really interesting, so please continue Wink

I'm doing this for fun, not for realism. This is for my own entertainment so I don't get bored with writing From the Darkness.

Alright.  Well anyway, I'm really interested in how this pans out regardless.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2012, 02:48:12 PM »

I got bored with this and I will now go back to writing From the Darkness

Anderson Cooper: Governor Cuomo has a lead early on, but most large states have not closed their polls so it will be a while.

We can now predict that…
Connecticut unsurprisingly will go to Governor Cuomo 55-45.
Delaware will go to Governor Jon Huntsman 51-49…
DC will go to Governor Andrew Cuomo…
Virginia will go to Governor Jon Huntsman…we can safely call that for him now 52-48…
Maine will go to Governor Jon Huntsman as well…51-49…Governor Cuomo may have won CD1 …that CD is too close to call…
Florida will go to Governor Cuomo…this is a big win for him…53-47…
Maryland in a surprise will go to Governor Huntsman…very close margin…
Massachusetts will go for Governor Cuomo…
Michigan…too close to call…
New Hampshire will go for Governor Huntsman…52-48…
New Jersey will go for Governor Cuomo…as will Rhode Island…
Pennsylvania is too close to call…

Jon Huntsman/Maria Cantwell: 57 Electoral Votes
Andrew Cuomo/Rob Portman: 102 Electoral Votes
Too Close To Call: 53

Polls not yet closed: 326

Cooper: Governor Cuomo continues to lead…still this race is far from over. Georgia is still reporting and Governor Huntsman has a very slight lead with most of Atlanta still not reporting. In Pennsylvania Governor Huntsman is leading…Michigan…we can call Michigan actually for Governor Cuomo…Indiana too close to call still…

Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee we can call for Governor Huntsman…we can also now call Texas for Governor Huntsman although by the smallest margin in recent elections, 53-47.

Missouri is too close to call…as you know Governor Cuomo spent a lot of time there during the primary…we cannot yet call Arkansas…but we can call New York for Governor Cuomo…

We can also call Kansas for Governor Huntsman along with Nebraska.
Maine’s first congressional district has gone for Governor Cuomo.
Louisiana we thought would be closer but has for Governor Huntsman 57-43…
New Mexico…too close to call…Fox News is calling it for Huntsman…MSNBC for Cuomo…we’re calling it too close!

…and the surprise of the hour, Pennsylvania has voted for Governor Jon Huntsman. This is a big loss for the Cuomo campaign

Jon Huntsman/Maria Cantwell: 169 Electoral Votes
Andrew Cuomo/Rob Portman: 148 Electoral Votes
Too Close To Call: 49
Polls not yet closed: 172

Anderson Cooper: Jon Huntsman has taken the lead in the Electoral Vote…he needs 101 Electoral Votes to win…Cuomo needs  122 to win….

We can now call Georgia and Indiana for Governor Andrew Cuomo…along with Missouri and Arkansas…these are big pickups for the New York Governor since he has lost some of the territory gained between 2008 and 2016…

We can additionally call New Mexico for Governor Jon Huntsman…along with Colorado…Montana…Utah…North Dakota…and Nevada…

Governor Cuomo has won Nebraska’s second CD…
Governor Cuomo has carried Illinois, Wisconsin and Minnesota…

Cooper: This is going to be a close one…California was leaning Cuomo…but lets see if Huntsman can pull it off…

Jon Huntsman/Maria Cantwell: 210 Electoral Votes
Andrew Cuomo/Rob Portman: 232 Electoral Votes
Too Close To Call: 0
Polls not yet closed: 96

Cooper: We can now call Arizona, Washington, Idaho and Oregon for Governor Jon Huntsman. California remains extremely close.

California is too close to call…we expect Alaska to go for Huntsman, and Hawaii to go for Cuomo…which would bring us to 247 for Governor Huntsman and 236  for Governor Cuomo…its all about California right now…

Governor Jon Huntsman of Utah / Senator Maria Cantwell of Washington – 247 Electoral Votes – 49.6% Popular Vote
Governor Andrew Cuomo of New York/ Senator Rob Portman of Ohio – 236 Electoral Votes –4 9.2% Popular Vote
Other – 1.2%

Wolf Blitzer: “It looks like California may come down to several thousand votes…”

January 20, 2017

“I, Jon Meade Huntsman Jr. do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

Governor Jon Huntsman of Utah / Senator Maria Cantwell of Washington – 302 Electoral Votes – 49.6% Popular Vote
Governor Andrew Cuomo of New York/ Senator Rob Portman of Ohio – 236 Electoral Votes –4 9.2% Popular Vote

Other – 1.2% Popular Vote

4 years later….

President Jon Huntsman of Utah / Vice President  Maria Cantwell of Washington – 514  Electoral Votes – 63.8% Popular Vote
Senator Sherrod Brown of Ohio/ Governor Beau Biden of Delaware – 24 Electoral Votes –36.2% Popular Vote

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies