Romney says Middle Income is $200,000-$250,000 a year (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:24:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney says Middle Income is $200,000-$250,000 a year (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney says Middle Income is $200,000-$250,000 a year  (Read 5063 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: September 14, 2012, 08:37:26 PM »

$200-$250k OR LESS FOR HOUSEHOLD is considered middle income, stop twisting the words around.
a household making 250K is not middle class, unless they have 4 or more dependents.
What if there were 4 people living in a household?  $50k-$75k annually is considered middle income.

No, it's not.  The median family brings in $50,000 a year, and  if you divided it by 4 (assuming there are 2 parents and 2 children) that would be $12,500 per. capita.  Thus, $50k-$75k is actually high.  
I'm saying if there were 4 adults living in a household and each one made $50k-$75k a year, that's still considered middle income.  What if they wanted to all live in the same house for whatever reason?

That is highly atypical. We're talking about real American families, not the cast of Jersey Shore.
Maybe some people don't want to own a home or start a family, not everybody lives a traditional lifestyle.
I think you are not going to find such arrangements very common, maybe in select cities such as NYC, SF and Seattle you might find a few such cases.

It's probably not that uncommon, it just sounds like roommates with notably high incomes or two married couples living together, I know a ton of people who are roommates with married couples, even one who was a roommate with a couple with a kid. Granted that is in a major city but still...

But what is absurd is that four people who live in the same house are not a "household", they'd all be separate filers. You can bring up scenarios that make it even more absurd, let's imagine you have a house of four people all just out of college who average $30k, does that make that a household of six figure income?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies