SENATE BILL: Late-Term Abortion Restriction Act (On the President's Desk) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:24:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Late-Term Abortion Restriction Act (On the President's Desk) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Late-Term Abortion Restriction Act (On the President's Desk)  (Read 10669 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: September 24, 2012, 09:06:47 PM »

I'm happy with this bill. As has been pointed out a very small minority of abortions occur after this stage. The exception for the life of the mother is also important. I don't really see how you can tighten up the language. You can't expect us to research every single medical complication that could occur, and it's not really necessary. Doctors write up their cases and it could be ascertained from that whether the abortion was medically necessary to save the woman's life. I guess you can mandate that there be a clinical write up of all abortions performed beyond the allowed time frame?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 09:17:34 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I would like to offer up an amendment getting rid of the criminal penalties for Doctors violating this law. Instead I will increase their ban on practicing medicine up to 5 years from 3 years.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 05:30:46 PM »

Aye. This amendment on it's own will prevent more abortions than the current bill would.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 04:31:14 PM »

Time to vote?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies