What changed in Vermont over the past century? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:27:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What changed in Vermont over the past century? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What changed in Vermont over the past century?  (Read 4341 times)
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« on: September 16, 2012, 05:13:15 AM »

It's not the commuters which make Connnecticut and, especially New Hampshire Democratic because the suburbs are actually the most republican area of the state. And it's not just Vermont, in similar areas of New England to Vermont- like northern and Western New Hampshire, Northern New York, and most notably Western Massachusetts- the voting patterns are similar, although slightly less Democratic.

Anyway the reasons I've heard are migration from NY, where people like Sanders and Dean came from, although I don't think this can explain the margins. Anti southern feeling, bearing in mind the Republicans are a very southern party now,  and anti war feeling, again because the Republicans are seen as the pro war party. But I think most of the change can be put down to the later two, because in areas which haven't seen mass immigration from NY the changes have been similar.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies