Opinion of Jill Stein
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:02:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Opinion of Jill Stein
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Jill Stein
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 72

Author Topic: Opinion of Jill Stein  (Read 3121 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2012, 02:49:30 PM »

I noticed in the extended debate from the other night she appeared to be a staunch believer in class struggle and conspiracy theories pertaining to members of the upper classes, the war in Iraq being primarily about oil, and had the same sort of cynicism and belligerent tone in her words on opponents as I remember from Dennis Kucinich. I am starting to get the impression that I agree with her on many issues but often reach those same policy prescriptions via very different lines of thought. Her negativity and at times militant vibe in general are, along with the aforementioned concerns, making me start to sympathize with dead0man's attitude here.

There is a very real chance I'll withdraw my support for her in favor of the Justice Party candidate by November.

Vote for a candidate that has a chance to win.

So vote for Stein or Johnson.
Anderson is much better than Stein. He should of ran for the nomination of the Green and Peace and Freedom Party nominations.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2012, 03:31:15 PM »

I noticed in the extended debate from the other night she appeared to be a staunch believer in class struggle and conspiracy theories pertaining to members of the upper classes, the war in Iraq being primarily about oil, and had the same sort of cynicism and belligerent tone in her words on opponents as I remember from Dennis Kucinich. I am starting to get the impression that I agree with her on many issues but often reach those same policy prescriptions via very different lines of thought. Her negativity and at times militant vibe in general are, along with the aforementioned concerns, making me start to sympathize with dead0man's attitude here.

There is a very real chance I'll withdraw my support for her in favor of the Justice Party candidate by November.

So vote for Stein or Johnson.
Anderson is much better than Stein. He should of ran for the nomination of the Green and Peace and Freedom Party nominations.

He is, but since it was "chance to win" I did it by ballot access.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2012, 09:50:45 AM »

Better platform than the Republicans and Democrats combined, plus I'm actually inclined to trust her when she says she believes the things she does. I may consider voting for her, really.
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2012, 12:45:08 PM »

Redalgo is in Montana.  The only candidate with a real chance to win Montana is Mitt Romney.  We really need to drop this notion that this country has a single presidential election.  The national popular vote is merely an aggregation of 51 separate elections, so the only election one is voting in is a statewide one for a slate of electors.  Therefore, the only candidate with a chance of winning the election a voter in a safe state is participating in is the candidate who will win that state.  Thus, if one should as a general rule only vote for candidates with a chance, then it is not even worth voting in a safe state, because we can be virtually certain who the winner is.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2012, 02:32:49 PM »

I voted for her for the same reasons I voted for Nader in 2008.
I don't live in a swing state so I can vote for whoever I feel my positions are closer to.  I like Obama and I prefer the democrats over the republicans, but I don't approve of drone attacks that kill innocent civilians and make people in the Middle East hate America.

I might have voted for Rocky Anderson instead but he wasn't on the ballot.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2012, 07:48:37 PM »

Anyone in the Green Party is a massive HP.  It is, without a doubt, the most dangerous third party in America.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2012, 12:04:30 AM »

Anyone in the Green Party is a massive HP.  It is, without a doubt, the most dangerous third party in America.

...because it's so effective, right? How many elected Greens are there, anyway? I'd say it's a lot less than the party that's actively seeking to stop economic recovery for political purposes Tongue
Roemerista
MQuinn
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 5.91

« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2012, 02:42:54 AM »

She is my favorite liberal.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2012, 03:25:29 AM »

What's dangerous about them?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2012, 03:36:04 PM »

Really?  The Green Party is impotent, bordering on irrelevance.  I can't understand your antipathy.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies