Remember how...?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:36:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Remember how...?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Remember how...?  (Read 2320 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 18, 2012, 10:36:58 AM »

Remember how a certain campaign was going to be "professional?"

Haha. 
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 10:38:56 AM »

Yes - you don't understand politics at all, KP.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 10:45:19 AM »

Oh, I think opebo would agree with me on this one! Then again, maybe not. He could say something like "This is about as professional as Republicans get these days."
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 10:47:55 AM »

What do you mean by that? They've got the best professional comedy writers. SNL and The Onion can only dream of the staff that comes out of the Romney campaign.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 12:33:14 PM »

Oh, I think opebo would agree with me on this one! Then again, maybe not. He could say something like "This is about as professional as Republicans get these days."
Eh, at first I was going to reply "No", but then I read your sig, chuckled, and figured that while not truthful as a reply it would get the main point across just as well. Smiley
Cobbler
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 01:23:17 PM »

Honestly, do you really think Santorum would be more "professional" at this point? This is the guy that said Kennedy's speech on religion in politics made him want to throw up, and said that it was snobby to want people to go to college.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 06:07:09 PM »

Hand said that it was snobby to want people to go to college.

Wow. Uh...

No, he didn't. He said it was snobby for someone to think that everyone should go to college. But thanks for playing and providing further proof of people taking Santorum's comments ridiculously out of context.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 07:37:17 PM »

I agree.  At least with Santorum you got the sense that he stood for something. IMHO, it seems Mitt has no core beyond his faith (which he is scared to talk about), his family and really really really wanting to be president. Guy would be the perfect puppet for the more sinister aspects of corporate America.

As I see it Santorum could never win but at least it would be a campaign that his supporters could be proud of.  Circumstances could still have Romney pull out a long shot win, but overall the campaign has been cringe inducing.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 07:40:49 PM »

I've been saying Mitt would be a disaster since January. It should have been painfully obvious during the primaries how incompetent this guy and his campaign were.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 10:40:37 PM »

Romney's guys are good enough. Obviously there have been lumps, bumps and bruises (what presidential campaign doesn't get knocked down? What matters is whether you get back up). However, policy trumps politics, and that's where Mitt will shine.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 10:41:45 PM »

I think Romney's ridiculous and pathetic press conference was last night was pretty definitive and final proof that these guys are not only not good enough, but have basically no idea what they're doing.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 10:43:31 PM »
« Edited: September 18, 2012, 11:22:31 PM by Politico »

I think Romney's ridiculous and pathetic press conference was last night was pretty definitive and final proof that these guys are not only not good enough, but have basically no idea what they're doing.

Expectations game. Romney is going to look real good in October and is going to look like the 45th President of the United States in November. Team Obama unloaded too soon, like Drago in Rocky IV. I mean, Gallup has the margin at one point right now. What does Team Obama have left? NOTHING, that's what. They threw their best punches, knocked down Romney multiple times, but he's still standing. Team Obama is tired, stale and out of ammo now. Romney has taken a clobbering and largely held back from retaliating in kind. This will change in October.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 12:24:23 AM »

I have plenty of faith based on past performance that Team Romney will give Team Obama more ammo to shoot Team Romney with.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 12:40:31 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Preach it brother Phil - preach it.
JFK-Democrat
Rookie
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 01:21:19 AM »

You guys should've picked Newt or Rick! The base never loved Romney, now he just poked a large chunk of them in he eye...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 01:40:10 AM »

Remember how a certain campaign was going to be "professional?"

Haha. 

HAHAHA.  This thread really had me laugh, Phil.  Don't know why.  Maybe it's because I agree with your premise so much.

To 2016, my man, to 2016.

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2012, 01:45:43 AM »

Romney's campaign management is pretty much how I would imagine Dennis Kucinich or Duncan Hunter being a major party nominee.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2012, 01:49:52 AM »

Professional campaign... one that doesn't have attacking, negativity, hate, intolerance and lies.  Agree to disagree is the way to go.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2012, 01:58:31 AM »

If this is how he runs a campaign, imagine what a disaster a Romney presidency would be?

We wouldn't know what we would get from one day to the next.  It would be worse than flip-flopping.  I imagine there being Harriet Miers-type snafus on a weekly to monthly basis; constantly retracting decisions  and "trying something new" because they were so widely criticized and poor in the eyes of everyone.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2012, 02:01:48 AM »

If this is how he runs a campaign, imagine what a disaster a Romney presidency would be?

We wouldn't know what we would get from one day to the next.  It would be worse than flip-flopping.  I imagine there being Harriet Miers-type snafus on a weekly to monthly basis; constantly retracting decisions  and "trying something new" because they were so widely criticized and poor in the eyes of everyone.
I'm not a fan of Romney's flip flopping myself, he needs to grow a backbone, which McCain didn't have either. The only thing that flip flops more are flip flops themselves and pancakes.

There should be amendements, where candidates that run for presidency are not allowed to lie, cheat or steal.
Mister Twister

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2012, 02:08:14 AM »

We wouldn't know what we would get from one day to the next.  It would be worse than flip-flopping.  I imagine there being Harriet Miers-type snafus on a weekly to monthly basis; constantly retracting decisions  and "trying something new" because they were so widely criticized and poor in the eyes of everyone.
I'm not a fan of Romney's flip flopping myself, he needs to grow a backbone, which McCain didn't have either. The only thing that flip flops more are flip flops themselves and pancakes.

Have you ever made pancakes? You flip the pancake one time. Your analogy, unsurprisingly, sucks.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2012, 02:09:23 AM »

Have you ever made pancakes? You flip the pancake one time. Your analogy, unsurprisingly, sucks.
I think you need to layoff that tone.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2012, 11:09:34 AM »

A ringing endorsement!
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2012, 12:30:00 PM »

I remember back in 2008 Obama was mocked for pointing out that he had executive experience because he was running a large campaign, which at the time was pretty cringe-worthy. However, when you look at it, Romney's selling point is that he is a can-do executive. But compare the campaigns. In 2008 Obama came from behind and beat the establishment candidate then went on to a huge general election victory. And this year again his campaign has been shown to be more nimble, better at micro-targeting, better at strategy, better at running a convention. Romney's 2008 campaign was a total disaster and 2012 it took him months to beat a weak primary field and since then he has been on the defensive in an economy that favors the challenger. Also it is said that Romney is very hands on with his campaign, so you cant just blame his staff. Just look at what Peggy Noonan wrote today about Romney's "incompetent" campaign.

So maybe Obama has a point. Maybe experience running your campaign is something to look at to judge these guys.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2012, 12:32:52 PM »

That coming from Politico means Romney is pretty much done.  
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies