the story behind the Mitt Romney tape gets even worse...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:25:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  the story behind the Mitt Romney tape gets even worse...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: the story behind the Mitt Romney tape gets even worse...  (Read 1431 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 18, 2012, 12:43:05 PM »

http://gawker.com/5944065/secret-footage-of-romney-was-filmed-at-estate-of-sex-party+throwing-hedge-fund-manager

Turns out Mitt was at the home of hedge fund manager Mark Leder, who is known for his raunchy sex parties...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Meet the new Republican coalition:

- lower-middle class Santorumites worried about their precious "family values"

- Wall Street billionaires who really don't care about abortion or gay marriage as long as they can pay as little in taxes as possible before doing a line of coke off a Russian hooker's back

They are the 53% !
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 12:44:38 PM »

That's awfully misleading. That didn't happen at the event Mitt was attending.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 12:46:31 PM »

Mitt Romney is an awful enough person as it it, there's more than enough to attack his (lack of) character on without resorting to this kind of thing.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 12:47:28 PM »

Well I guess the question is: besides the host, how many of the guests went to both the orgy and the fundraiser?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 12:48:43 PM »

Well I guess the question is: besides the host, how many of the guests went to both the orgy and the fundraiser?

Uh....those who really like to have a good time?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 12:50:32 PM »

That's awfully misleading. That didn't happen at the event Mitt was attending.

Of course. No self-respecting Russian hooker would ever be caught dead in the same room with Mittens.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 02:12:36 PM »

Uh....those who really like to have a good time?
I don't think even one of those attended the fundraiser.

Also, that's not the "new" Republican coalition, itx. That's the traditional Republican coalition.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 02:15:20 PM »

Uh, this is like condemning Obama for his involvement with Rescko and Ayers and the like, whom he had fundraisers with last time. Who cares? They weren't having sex parties while Romney was speaking there.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 02:26:11 PM »

There are some rumours that Mother Jones may have even more dirt on Romney.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 02:33:57 PM »

^
I've heard the same rumours, time will tell though.

Anyway, independentTX was very misleading with the original post.  The host of the event was known for hosting parties like that, but this was not one of them.  This isn't a big deal, just focus on Mitt alienating half of America.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 02:37:21 PM »

^

Anyway, independentTX was very misleading with the original post. 
I dunno, it would have taken someone with cognitive disabilities (like, say, someone trying to believe the Bush administration in the buildup to the Iraq War or something) no to see what he did there.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 03:23:05 PM »

^

Anyway, independentTX was very misleading with the original post.  The host of the event was known for hosting parties like that, but this was not one of them.  This isn't a big deal, just focus on Mitt alienating half of America.

I don't see how the OP was misleading. It seemed fairly clear to me that his point is simply that Mitt Romney is a blatant hypocrite. He was not accusing Mitt of personally participating in his host's activities, just pointing out that the association is likely to reflect negatively on Romney and his campaign.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 03:49:44 PM »

Things keep going from bad to worse for Romney.  There was the disastrous trip overseas, the no-bump convention with Eastwood and chair, the statement after Libya, and now this.

Give it up, die-hards.  The Romney/Ryan campaign is officially toast.  There is zero chance of them winning.  At this rate, we might just pick up Missouri and Montana.

Thank you for playing.  Buh-bye.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 07:14:42 PM »

Mitt Romney is an awful enough person as it it, there's more than enough to attack his (lack of) character on without resorting to this kind of thing.

My point isn't to attack Mitt. I just found the whole thing so ironic and indicative of how there is essentially nothing holding the Republican coalition together other than a visceral hatred of Obama.

Mark Leder is exactly the kind of morally wayward elite who gets Rick Santorum and his followers worked up into a frothy rage. The party that blanches at birth control pills and gay weddings has a candidate who goes with his hand out for funding to a degenerate who hosts newsworthy orgies. Am I the only one who seriously cannot figure out why all these people are in the same party and what they would do if they didn't have a Democrat in office to unite against?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2012, 04:56:56 AM »

Am I the only one who seriously cannot figure out why all these people are in the same party and what they would do if they didn't have a Democrat in office to unite against?
Yep. Everybody else knows they'd gladly rip each other to shreds (literally) without the Democrats.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2012, 09:18:05 AM »

Uh, this is like condemning Obama for his involvement with Rescko and Ayers and the like, whom he had fundraisers with last time. Who cares? They weren't having sex parties while Romney was speaking there.

Yes, but this is like Obama made those "guns and religion" comments while at a fundraiser in Ayers' home in 2008.

And that was all consistently leftist. Make Ayers a Nazi and you get something like this.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies