Motion of No Confidence in the Right Hon. Inks (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:16:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Motion of No Confidence in the Right Hon. Inks (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ....
I have confidence in Inks

I do not have confidence in Inks

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 99

Author Topic: Motion of No Confidence in the Right Hon. Inks  (Read 11753 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« on: September 18, 2012, 01:24:41 PM »
« edited: September 18, 2012, 01:32:23 PM by a Person »

The moderator in question is neither Right, nor Honorable, nor made of Ink.

No confidence for unrelated reasons.

It should be noted that a majority of Atlas forumites believe that a bucket of turnips would be a better moderator than Inks.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 11:43:46 AM »

Nothing I posted was out of context but I guess if Inks says it enough, it becomes the truth.

I think we've all compared the Forum to a dictatorship before. Let's expand that analogy a bit...

The Atlas Forum is a benevolent dictatorship, ultimately ruled over by a benevolent dictator (Dave Leip) who is hands-off to the point that even his direct subordinates don't easily have access to him.
The government officials in this dictatorship (i.e. the moderators) fall into four categories -- Some (Tender, Ernest) are pure technocrats; some (Joe Republic, Al) use their power merely as a licence to wreak havoc without fear of retribution; some (Emsworth is the poster child for this category) have entirely departed the country; and some (mostly Inks) are tyrants of the worst sort.

Freedom of speech does not exist -- not because of the dictator himself, but because of his subordinate tyrants. Citizens who aggravate the moderators too much (jmfcst, Teddy) are simply banished. And as Phil astutely remarked, the moderators' words are taken as gospel by an ignorant, apathetic populace.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 12:52:55 PM »

I didn't mention Bacon King either, among others -- the point was to provide a few examples, not to exhaustively categorise every moderator.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 02:44:55 PM »

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 03:22:36 AM »

Wow... I am flattered that I have garnered my own movement.

Dude, you even have your own verb, noun, and interjection.  I got Inked.  Ink that.  What the F[inks] are you doing?

FWIW, I have confidence in you, hoss.  Hang in there.  You might at least admit that Phil won a victory, though.  He really did.  Be honest about it.

Truthfully, there was no fight here.  Once I realized that it wasn't just Phil being Phil, I reopened the thread.  I guess if you call that a victory, then I'll concede that it's a victory.

You mean the whole argument with which you derailed the MANIC after the fact wasn't a "fight"?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies