Motion of No Confidence in the Right Hon. Inks (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:22:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Motion of No Confidence in the Right Hon. Inks (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ....
I have confidence in Inks

I do not have confidence in Inks

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 99

Author Topic: Motion of No Confidence in the Right Hon. Inks  (Read 11773 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: September 18, 2012, 01:09:58 PM »

I haven't had confidence in him in ages but locking The Institute is insane. This is the last straw.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 01:15:44 PM »

He might have evicted you from the building, but there's nothing to say that you can't re-open your Institute elsewhere.

It's the principle of the matter. I shouldn't have to create a new one based on his personal opinion that it has run its course. It's another case of "I'm Inks. I'm the boss. Deal with it."
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 05:34:37 PM »

My brothers,

After the most recent inappropriate act by Moderator Inks, we have scored yet another victory...

As of now, I recuse myself from any moderation duties for the next 7 days, or until such a time that Dave and/or Nym makes a comment on the incident, whichever comes sooner.

Final victory isn't far off.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 05:48:09 PM »

My brothers,

After the most recent inappropriate act by Moderator Inks, we have scored yet another victory...

As of now, I recuse myself from any moderation duties for the next 7 days, or until such a time that Dave and/or Nym makes a comment on the incident, whichever comes sooner.

Final victory isn't far off.

he's resigned before in an anxiety fit only to promptly return.  lest we count chickens.

No, no. He's done this time. Posting a private message as a moderator? Not letting that one stand.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 11:12:23 AM »

Nothing I posted was out of context but I guess if Inks says it enough, it becomes the truth.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 08:28:22 AM »

Purple heart that moderators can make personal attacks.

Here's the real story: Inks locked the thread because he didn't like it. He told me it violated the ToS. There was an uproar that it was locked so instead of admitting that he locked it for personal reasons or because it violated the ToS (knowing those excuses would create an even bigger uproar), he played innocent. "Oh, I just figured you guys wanted a new one."

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 10:42:18 AM »

Purple heart that moderators can make personal attacks.

Here's the real story: Inks locked the thread because he didn't like it. He told me it violated the ToS. There was an uproar that it was locked so instead of admitting that he locked it for personal reasons or because it violated the ToS (knowing those excuses would create an even bigger uproar), he played innocent. "Oh, I just figured you guys wanted a new one."

That's a blatant lie.  I didn't lock it because it violated the TOS, because the thread, as a whole, did not.

Inks, you said that my supposed asinine behavior justifies locking threads/violates the ToS and that is why you locked The Institute. That is what you said to me at first. You realized that wasn't going to fly so you came up with some other BS about how you locked it because you thought everyone would want it to end or whatever.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 10:47:39 AM »

Again, it's not a personal attack.  It's true.  It is a PROVEN fact that you overreact to things (the Tinypic incident being a prime example, where you not only overreacted, but you, yet again, ignored the facts of the situation).

Facts and opinions, Inks. You clearly don't understand the difference. In your opinion, you thought I was overreacting to The Institute locking! See how that blew up in your face?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 10:55:08 AM »

Again, it's not a personal attack.  It's true.  It is a PROVEN fact that you overreact to things (the Tinypic incident being a prime example, where you not only overreacted, but you, yet again, ignored the facts of the situation).

Facts and opinions, Inks. You clearly don't understand the difference. In your opinion, you thought I was overreacting to The Institute locking! See how that blew up in your face?

Phil, you told argued with me that someone had hacked your Tinypic link AFTER I informed you that Tinypic themselves said what you were describing was impossible.  I'm sorry, but that is an overreaction, and any rational, logical person would agree with me.  You have a history of doing stuff like this.

And I was overreacting about The Institute, right? Did you not tell me to "stop whining and create a new one?"
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 11:39:53 AM »

Phil, you told argued with me that someone had hacked your Tinypic link AFTER I informed you that Tinypic themselves said what you were describing was impossible.  I'm sorry, but that is an overreaction, and any rational, logical person would agree with me.  You have a history of doing stuff like this.

And I was overreacting about The Institute, right? Did you not tell me to "stop whining and create a new one?"

I've already said I THOUGHT that you were.

Yeah, so much for your facts.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 12:35:32 PM »

See, here's the thing with your comprehension skills, Inks: the word "tendency" suggests a pattern. You keep referring to one case and think that makes it a fact.

You overreacted with The Institute. You now have a tendency to overreact. See how we can both play this game?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 02:39:13 PM »

I refer to one case because it's the most recent.  If you'd like a more comprehensive list, here you go:

And more moderator bias.
I want to complain!
I'm a trouble maker?
It's already started again!
Xahar is back and already starting.
Don't use the "M" word!
Now my signature was hacked.
Time to warn Alcon.
So what do we do when a moderator refuses to do their job?
I've been infracted for calling Torie a genius. For reals.
Really, guys?
More things not allowed on the Forum!
Twelve points away from "Moderator Review."

Now, some of your complaints here are legitimate.  But do you notice a pattern?  You air your complaints and drama publicly, usually starting off in a complaining manner (just look at your use of exclamation points), and overreacting to situations that most of the forum would never start a thread over.

And these examples are just from ONE board.

"Now, some of your complaints here are legitimate..." So how the hell am I overreacting?  Roll Eyes

So your point fails. And yes, on the Atlas board, people have to air their complaints publicly. That's how this works, Inks especially when moderators choose to ignore concerns.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 02:46:17 PM »

Christ, are you two still going at it? Both of you just need to get a room, it's done with already.

I won the battle, of course. We all agree on that. It's about removing him as moderator now because of an incredibly inappropriate act.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2012, 02:49:59 PM »

I refer to one case because it's the most recent.  If you'd like a more comprehensive list, here you go:

And more moderator bias.
I want to complain!
I'm a trouble maker?
It's already started again!
Xahar is back and already starting.
Don't use the "M" word!
Now my signature was hacked.
Time to warn Alcon.
So what do we do when a moderator refuses to do their job?
I've been infracted for calling Torie a genius. For reals.
Really, guys?
More things not allowed on the Forum!
Twelve points away from "Moderator Review."

Now, some of your complaints here are legitimate.  But do you notice a pattern?  You air your complaints and drama publicly, usually starting off in a complaining manner (just look at your use of exclamation points), and overreacting to situations that most of the forum would never start a thread over.

And these examples are just from ONE board.

"Now, some of your complaints here are legitimate..." So how the hell am I overreacting?  Roll Eyes

So your point fails. And yes, on the Atlas board, people have to air their complaints publicly. That's how this works, Inks especially when moderators choose to ignore concerns.

Some ≠ all.

Uh huh. And you go on to complain that my complaints are public. Yes, Inks, that's what the Atlas board is for. Get with it, dude.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2012, 02:59:45 PM »

You just don't get it, Phil.  And I'm tired of trying to make you understand.  I'm moving on, and when my recusal period is over, assuming Nym doesn't say anything, it's back to moderating.

No, you're really not "trying to make" me understand. You're begging me to move on (when you aren't throwing around subtle threats) because your points aren't making sense.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2012, 06:54:38 PM »

Um, do you realize you just equated "being Phil" as an insult?

Uh...when Inks uses it that way, yeah. Listen, I know you're older and things go over your head a lot easier...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2012, 07:45:23 PM »

Um, do you realize you just equated "being Phil" as an insult?

Phil is reacting hysterically to the slightest criticism of his conduct. On the other hand, he's constantly insulting those he dislike or those who dared to disagree with him.

Oh, I always love this myth. "Phil hates people that disagree with him!" Nevermind the fact that some of my best pals here and supporters of this movement are hardcore leftists. Don't let that interfere with your talking points.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2012, 08:25:17 PM »

Listen, guys...as I was waiting for the train today, a woman a few feet away from me fell onto the tracks as as a train was slowly approaching. Thankfully, the train stopped just before hitting her. It was very scary. It made me realize there are things a lot worse in life than Inks' moderating habits. It's a close second to being run over by a train but not quite as bad.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2012, 03:41:34 PM »

The Institute being locked is clearly not a "personal ax" grinding session, Badger. That should be obvious by now. But you'll ignore that because of the personal ax you have to grind with me. And don't call it "antimod whining" either. If it was just that, Inks wouldn't have admitted that he was wrong and unlocked the thread.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies