Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2014, 02:18:31 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  Inks posted a private message. Motion to have him removed as a moderator.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Inks posted a private message. Motion to have him removed as a moderator.  (Read 3977 times)
Sbane
sbane
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2012, 01:31:44 pm »
Ignore

It's just not a good idea to post any part of a PM without permission.

To uncover a lie, even?

And Inks felt it was out of context so he posted the whole PM. That is fine too, presumably?
Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 1.48

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2012, 02:12:16 pm »
Ignore

Maybe they don't: http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=159501.0
butafly [豚フライ]
a Person
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2012, 02:39:04 pm »
Ignore

Nobody is saying Phil should replace you, but keep throwing strawmen if it makes you feel better.
Inks.LWC
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2012, 02:52:29 pm »
Ignore

You missed my point.  There are many people who disagree with Phil on this issue but want me gone for other reasons (BRTD, Eraserhead).  My point was merely that people wanting me gone does not equate to people supporting Phil's position here.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2012, 03:19:38 pm »
Ignore

x Seatown
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -4.87

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2012, 05:53:45 pm »
Ignore

There are probably many of reasons why Inks should not be a moderator. This isn't one of them.

I agree. As much as I find Inks' actions as moderator to be seriously misguided and sometimes outright absurd, the outrage at his most recent action is overdone.

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.
Vosem
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2012, 05:55:04 pm »
Ignore

Remove Inks. In fact, let's make KP a moderator while we're at it.
Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2012, 08:56:33 pm »
Ignore

There are probably many of reasons why Inks should not be a moderator. This isn't one of them.

I agree. As much as I find Inks' actions as moderator to be seriously misguided and sometimes outright absurd, the outrage at his most recent action is overdone.

Badger
badger
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2012, 12:51:29 am »
Ignore

While I disagree with Inks over the basic premise of the argument (whether or not the Goldmine should have been locked), I think he was perfectly in line here. Phil completely took Inks words in the PM out of context, giving other folks on here a wrong interpretation. IMO, Phil completely consented to having the PM be shared to the public when he shared it himself.

I stand with Inks.
x Tmthforu94

I sympathize with Inks's motivation, though it wasn't appropriate to post even under the circumstances.

That said,

X Badger
Badger
badger
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2012, 12:55:25 am »
Ignore

Ooh! Someone summed it up even better! Cheesy

I'll just restate what I said on the motion of no confidence thread. Posting an out of context part of a PM is just as bad as posting the whole PM, if not worse. Phil is acting like an idiot and of course the "I hate Inks" crowd is lapping it up. I think Inks goes way too far with his moderation sometimes but this is not the right thing to attack him on. It's not fair.

Also just to be clear I disagreed with him over locking the institute and the other heavy handed things he does from time to time.
butafly [豚フライ]
a Person
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2012, 02:44:23 am »
Ignore

You missed my point.  There are many people who disagree with Phil on this issue but want me gone for other reasons (BRTD, Eraserhead).  My point was merely that people wanting me gone does not equate to people supporting Phil's position here.

And likewise, there are many people who support Phil's position while disliking Phil himself.
Inks.LWC
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2012, 02:49:44 am »
Ignore

And likewise, there are many people who support Phil's position while disliking Phil himself.

I'm not saying those people dislike me.  I like to think Eraserhead and BRTD like me as a person (I'd at least want them to).  But people who voted they have no confidence may not agree with Phil (people like Eraserhead who wants me gone because he wants all mods gone).  Plus, compared to the vote dadys ago, there isn't so much overwhelming consensus in that vote of no confidence after all.  At this point, I'm only at a 55.6% non-confidence vote, and for a mod, I'd consider that not to shabby.
butafly [豚フライ]
a Person
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2012, 05:20:38 am »
Ignore

At this point, I'm only at a 55.6% non-confidence vote, and for a mod, I'd consider that not to shabby.

Of course you would. The same way Ben Romney & friends consider every poll "not too shabby".
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2012, 07:51:00 am »
Ignore

...so you want to make this a personality contest (and you say I take this place too seriously!). That's nice, Inks.

Here's a note to everyone: I couldn't care less if I'm extremely unpopular here. Consider the general population here. That said, the point is that they want you gone. You've abused your power in more ways than one and while they might not agree with my most recent reason, we are likely in agreement on the others.

In fact, let's lay the cards on the table: certain people here are opposed to my recent request just because it's me. It gives them a chance to say "Phil is being an idiot." If Inks posted a message from, say, opebo for the exact same reasons, someone like Eraserhead would be putting on a real show here. But, again, let others be worried about a popularity contest here. I'm really not.

Grazie, Capitano!
Јas
Jas
YaBB God
Malawi

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2012, 09:07:41 am »
Ignore

I'm not saying those people dislike me.  I like to think Eraserhead and BRTD like me as a person (I'd at least want them to).  But people who voted they have no confidence may not agree with Phil (people like Eraserhead who wants me gone because he wants all mods gone).  Plus, compared to the vote dadys ago, there isn't so much overwhelming consensus in that vote of no confidence after all.  At this point, I'm only at a 55.6% non-confidence vote, and for a mod, I'd consider that not to shabby.

Out of interest, does it particularly matter why people don't have confidence in you?

And, is there a level of confidence at which point you would consider it appropriate to resign?

Funny 'cause it's true:
Very few people seriously allow facts to affect their opinions.

Inks.LWC
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2012, 10:37:12 am »
Ignore

Out of interest, does it particularly matter why people don't have confidence in you?

And, is there a level of confidence at which point you would consider it appropriate to resign?

To the first question, yes, because I was contesting that argument that the forum stands with Phil on THIS issue.

To the second, yes, when Dave loses confidence in me.
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2012, 10:45:33 am »
Ignore

The Forum stands with me - to the tune of 55% - on not having confidence in you, Inks. You can talk about the specific posting of the private message but there's no proof that most people are against me on that. There isn't a poll. But that's irrelevant (outside of your little popularity contest). You are losing on the larger issue.

Grazie, Capitano!
Badger
badger
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2012, 05:58:13 pm »
Ignore

The Forum stands with me - to the tune of 55% - on not having confidence in you, Inks. You can talk about the specific posting of the private message but there's no proof that most people are against me on that. There isn't a poll. But that's irrelevant (outside of your little popularity contest). You are losing on the larger issue.

Meh. That's not a particularly overwhelming or impressive margin. Take away the usual suspects that want to get rid of most/all moderators(ion), and I doubt there's even a majority.

And, yes, other mods would say if Inks had irredemably F'd up, and vote accordingly, so they're not merely two sides of the same coin.

EDIT: Oh, and it's almost an even vote last I checked.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 09:20:50 pm by Badger »Logged
Badger
badger
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2012, 09:38:26 pm »
Ignore

Nobody is saying Phil should replace you, but keep throwing strawmen if it makes you feel better.

Remove Inks. In fact, let's make KP a moderator while we're at it.
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2012, 11:10:07 pm »
Ignore

I stand by my comment totally.  I deleted the "liberal" bit prior to seeing your riposte, because yes, that was a red herring to the matter at hand. Your hates are more personal than political, and you think you have the "impunity" to give full vent to them. I don't.  
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 11:20:55 pm by Torie »Logged

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2012, 11:14:36 pm »
Ignore

Torie, get over yourself. Christ. "You think this [no proof]. Well I, the crusader for justice, disagree!" You don't realize how absolutely ridiculous you sound.

And here's your real problem: you think your ramblings actually matter to people. They...don't. Tell me again how you are so disgusted with my conduct, Torie. Tell me about my "hate" which ignoring the trolling of people like Xahar and Badger.

Hate to break it to you, pal, but I'm not going anywhere. Smiley

Grazie, Capitano!
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2012, 11:18:15 pm »
Ignore

See you in church.

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2012, 11:21:25 pm »
Ignore

See you in church.

I'll save you a spot in the pew for once you're done reading from the Gospel according to Torie.

Grazie, Capitano!
FBF
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2012, 12:26:51 am »
Ignore

(gives Phil a hug)
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2012, 06:19:27 am »
Ignore

...so you want to make this a personality contest (and you say I take this place too seriously!). That's nice, Inks.

Here's a note to everyone: I couldn't care less if I'm extremely unpopular here. Consider the general population here. That said, the point is that they want you gone. You've abused your power in more ways than one and while they might not agree with my most recent reason, we are likely in agreement on the others.

In fact, let's lay the cards on the table: certain people here are opposed to my recent request just because it's me. It gives them a chance to say "Phil is being an idiot." If Inks posted a message from, say, opebo for the exact same reasons, someone like Eraserhead would be putting on a real show here. But, again, let others be worried about a popularity contest here. I'm really not.

No, I wouldn't, especially if opebo (or whoever) had already posted part of the PM exchange out of context.

truth serum
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout