Opinion of Elizabeth Warren
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:20:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Opinion of Elizabeth Warren
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Elizabeth Warren
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 81

Author Topic: Opinion of Elizabeth Warren  (Read 3696 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2012, 05:08:28 PM »

I don't understand the hatred on the right towards Warren (well, I do: it's sexism, but still).

Because obviously the Republican Party of the United States is a sexist organization.

Sarah Palin and Susana Martinez agree.

So do Nikki Haley & Kelly Ayotte & Kay Bailey Hutchison & Jan Brewer & Michele Bachmann & Marsha Blackburn & Susan Collins & Nan Hayworth & Mary Bono Mack...
So does Doris Day, and so did Susan B. Anthony, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Lucretia Mott, Clara Barton, Carrie Chapman Catt, Ginger Rogers, Jane Russell, Jeannette Rankin, Margaret Chase Smith, and a host of others.

For g*d's sake, the government of apartheid South Africa employed black policemen, Vosem.

Forced labor isn't a very good example, opebo (I just dare you to reply with anything other than 'all labor is forced')

What are you talking about?  Black policemen under the apartheid government weren't 'forced' to be policemen, any more than black Republicans are 'forced'.  They're just looking for career advantages.

The point is that an organization employing a particular oppressed class doesn't mean it isn't an oppressive organization.
Anyone looking for a career advantage as a politician would obviously become a Democrat.  And it was Republicans who fought to free the slaves, give women the right to vote, and end segregation.  Democrats opposed all these measures. 

Anyway, Elizabeth Warren is the most left-wing Senate candidate this year, and the most dangerous since "the Accidental Senator" Al Franken (aka Stuart Smalley.)  Well-intentioned, but massive HP.
Oak Hills
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2012, 12:52:33 PM »

Mikhail Faustin
Banjo Broski Jr

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2012, 06:30:09 PM »

I hate her & she suck & is dume
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2012, 02:16:09 AM »

Anyway, Elizabeth Warren is the most left-wing Senate candidate this year, and the most dangerous since "the Accidental Senator" Al Franken (aka Stuart Smalley.)  Well-intentioned, but massive HP.

I have to say, I've never heard Franken's Senate service described as dangerous before. He's rather demure now that he holds high office.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2012, 04:32:09 AM »

I don't understand the hatred on the right towards Warren (well, I do: it's sexism, but still).

Because obviously the Republican Party of the United States is a sexist organization.

Sarah Palin and Susana Martinez agree.

I can't stand Sarah anymore, but after what the liberals put her through and said about her, and they are now gonna call people sexist just for not agreeing with Warren, wtf?!
freefair
United Kingdom

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2012, 06:20:34 PM »

She defeated one of the nicest Federal Republicans there is. She herself leans FF, but the circumstances of her election make me wish she was a very HP so I could dislike her a bit more.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2012, 03:50:01 AM »

She defeated one of the nicest Federal Republicans there is. She herself leans FF, but the circumstances of her election make me wish she was a very HP so I could dislike her a bit more.

The "nicest Federal Republicans" actually ran a campaign which was both nasty and stupid. She more than earned her victory.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2012, 03:51:24 AM »

The "nicest Federal Republicans" actually ran a campaign which was both nasty and stupid. She more than earned her victory.

Nasty isn't direct enough. Brown's campaign was out and out racist.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2012, 03:53:24 AM »

Tammy Baldwin is another liberal victory in the Senate.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2012, 12:24:53 PM »

A very welcome change to the current corrupt political system. A massive and unabashed FF. After Teddy died we were missing our Lion. Liz Warren shall become the new Liberal Lion of the Senate. Though I hope she doesn't become our Presidential Nominee. It'd be too easy for the right to paint her in the mold of McGovern, Mondale, Dukakis, and Kerry as too far to the left and dangerous. But she'd make a great VP.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2012, 05:23:23 AM »

A very welcome change to the current corrupt political system. A massive and unabashed FF. After Teddy died we were missing our Lion. Liz Warren shall become the new Liberal Lion of the Senate. Though I hope she doesn't become our Presidential Nominee. It'd be too easy for the right to paint her in the mold of McGovern, Mondale, Dukakis, and Kerry as too far to the left and dangerous. But she'd make a great VP.

I totally agree with this. She has great potential in the United States Senate and will do a fantastic job in that seat. I totally believe she'll do justice for that seat and the legacy of Ted Kennedy. He must've been spinning in his grave so long as Scott Brown held that seat. I'm not sure that she'll be a liberal lion per se, but I think Ted Kennedy would be proud and I believe she'll make her supporters proud as well.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2012, 07:02:54 AM »

And Scott Brown as "nice moderate" was a myth anyway.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2012, 09:25:00 AM »

Not a fan, especially since she beat a far superior opponent.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2012, 10:58:38 AM »

Superior in what respect? I mean, purely ideologically, I imagine a right-winger will say Scott Brown is superior and a left-winger will say Elizabeth Warren is superior.....but that's the only basis from which you can claim Scott Brown is "far superior".

Going just by their credentials and intellect....a non-hack cannot reasonably come to the conclusion that Elizabeth Warren wouldn't be a more suitable senator.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2012, 11:05:37 AM »

accidentally voted HP. She seems like a good person, but the best part is that her victory rids us of this useless populist fake moderate hero/centrist/moderate tool Scott Brown (for now).
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2012, 11:54:44 AM »

Going just by their credentials and intellect....a non-hack cannot reasonably come to the conclusion that Elizabeth Warren wouldn't be a more suitable senator.

Brown actually has governmental experience, as a Senator, as a State Senator, as a State Representative, as a selectman, and as an assessor. Warren has been a professor and a bureaucrat. So yes, Brown has superior credentials.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2012, 01:20:42 PM »

How?
General White
Vegetaboi
Rookie
United Arab Emirates

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: 2.75

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2012, 03:35:14 PM »

FF
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »