Virginia Party Platform
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:20:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Virginia Party Platform
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Virginia Party Platform  (Read 646 times)
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 27, 2005, 02:58:00 PM »

Our big issues are Puerto Rican statehood, admission of Virginia into the Southeastern region, regions' rights, and tax reform.

Statehood for Puerto Rico We support adding Puerto Rico to the Mideastern region, taking the place of Virginia.

Virginia in the Southeast The new number of states would require that one region have 11 states rather then 10. Virginia is the natural choice, currently separated from the other members of the Confederacy. We feel that Virginia has little in common with its current region, and that its political interests suffer as a result.

Renewed Federalism The rights of the regions have been repeatedly trampled on. We support a constitutional amendment that would give our Senate only the powers of the United States Congress.

Taxes We support adopting a single, uniform standard of taxation. We advocate a 15 percent sales tax on the final purchase of goods and services at the retail level. The rate should decline in future years to 10 to 12 percent as economic growth allows more revenue to be raised at a lower rate and government downsizing continues. We support a universal rebate for every household, exempting all consumption up to the poverty level. That would mean that the first $18,588 of consumption each year for a family of four would be tax-free. We then support abolishing the IRS. The national sales tax should be administrated primarily by the regions.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 07:23:37 PM »

Virginia in the Southeast The new number of states would require that one region have 11 states rather then 10. Virginia is the natural choice, currently separated from the other members of the Confederacy. We feel that Virginia has little in common with its current region, and that its political interests suffer as a result.

I am sure that you may find a lot in common with your fellow man; the regional statistics do not matter.  The Civil War is over; there is no such thing as "the Confederacy" anymore.
But you have a right to your own opinion, so good luck, Virginia Party.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 07:43:11 PM »

There is no such thing as "Atlasia" but that doesn't stop anything.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 02:58:30 PM »

There is no such thing as "Atlasia" but that doesn't stop anything.

tousché
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 03:06:00 PM »

Forgive me while I laugh you off the stage.

1) You know nothing of Fantasy politics, as your rantings and constant "corrections" of those who do suggests.

2) The Confederacy?  Give me a break.  The war ended 139 years ago.  Time to give it a rest.

3) No one will join your party, and so, therefor, you cannot be recongnized as a real party.

4) No one in their right mind would ever vote for you, so you can fart as loudly as you want, but your just farting in the wind.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2005, 04:14:33 PM »

4) No one in their right mind would ever vote for you, so you can fart as loudly as you want, but your just farting in the wind.

But, he's doing it with a pretty banner. Smiley
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2005, 05:22:56 PM »

There's no point, really, in more one member or one time candidate parties.  We have enough as it is and unless you recruit a few more members I'm certainly not going to count it as a party.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2005, 01:17:58 AM »

Forgive me while I laugh you off the stage.

1) You know nothing of Fantasy politics, as your rantings and constant "corrections" of those who do suggests.

2) The Confederacy?  Give me a break.  The war ended 139 years ago.  Time to give it a rest.

3) No one will join your party, and so, therefor, you cannot be recongnized as a real party.

Don't be so sure on that third part.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies