Nobody Wants The Next Four Years To Look Like The Past Four Years...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:27:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Nobody Wants The Next Four Years To Look Like The Past Four Years...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nobody Wants The Next Four Years To Look Like The Past Four Years...  (Read 770 times)
Politico
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 19, 2012, 08:31:51 PM »

...so why does everybody think Obama is going to be given four more years?

Obama's support of gay marriage does not create jobs, let alone gay marriages. Obama's gift of gab has not restored American strength abroad. Why, oh, why would anybody be excited about re-electing this guy? He's a nice guy, but he's gotta go...
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 08:34:26 PM »

We don't want over 4 million new private sector jobs which the rate will only accelerate as deleveraging comes to an end? We don't want a strong and level-headed foreign policy?
Mister Twister

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 08:37:43 PM »

...so why does everybody think Obama is going to be given four more years?

Because his opponent is an amoral sociopath and a sneering plutocrat?
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 08:39:56 PM »

The country cannot run any longer with a 2nd Obama term.  The 47% takers and 53% makers are the population of the US.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 08:43:20 PM »

Well, I think we may have reached the point where a lot of people do. I sure don't but I'm atypical. The left has won or made significant gains on a variety of issues so it's only natural they would desire it to be continued (No I'm not going to list them for you and do the progressive activists' jobs for them Tongue).

Also, we've spent the last 10 or so years selectively cloistering ourselves into politically homogenous social bubbles, such that it seems self-evident to most people by now that voting for the other candidate is absurd, unthinkable, impossible, and unreasonable. So much so that they cannot even understand how someone possibly could. It's becoming incredible how many people simply don't get it. We really are turning into two Americas.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 08:43:31 PM »

Well, nobody wants the next four years to look the last twelve years. That's why this election is close.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 08:52:56 PM »
« Edited: September 19, 2012, 08:59:07 PM by Politico »

We don't want over 4 million new private sector jobs which the rate will only accelerate as deleveraging comes to an end? We don't want a strong and level-headed foreign policy?

Job growth is not keeping pace with population growth. That is never good.

We just had the first instance of an embassy overrun with our ambassador assassinated since the Carter era. That is never good.

Obama has his 40%, or 47% perhaps, but most of you are in that group and are too blind to see what is around the corner (i.e., most of the nation refusing to give Obama four more years of the past four years)
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 08:57:07 PM »

Well, I think we may have reached the point where a lot of people do. I sure don't but I'm atypical. The left has won or made significant gains on a variety of issues so it's only natural they would desire it to be continued (No I'm not going to list them for you and do the progressive activists' jobs for them Tongue).

Also, we've spent the last 10 or so years selectively cloistering ourselves into politically homogenous social bubbles, such that it seems self-evident to most people by now that voting for the other candidate is absurd, unthinkable, impossible, and unreasonable. So much so that they cannot even understand how someone possibly could. It's becoming incredible how many people simply don't get it. We really are turning into two Americas.

Maybe you're right, but I still like to think that only 80% of voters are that way with the objective 20% in the middle being unpartisan when deciding upon whether to grant four more years. Maybe those 20% are now only 10% or 5%, but surely they still exist.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 09:00:03 PM »

Most Americans believe, correctly, that the economy is improving. Most Americans believe, correctly, that the crisis happened under Bush's watch, and that Obama has worked hard to successfully turn the country around. Most Americans believe that the deficit should be tackled through a combination of spending cuts and tax increases, rather than eviscerating the social safety net and shifting the tax burden to the middle and working class. Most Americans understand that much of the blame for the current economic woes can be laid at the Republican party's feet, as Republicans have consistently blocked job creation measures championed by Obama, including a veterans' jobs act that they filibustered today. Most Americans would rather have a second Obama term than the third Bush term Romney promises.

Only in far-right, loony Republican land, where the only source of news is Fox, has the Obama administration been this terrible failure you think it is. The fact is that on essentially every economic measure, the economy is improving, and Romney's policies (raising taxes on the middle class, cutting spending on important investments and help to the unemployed, a war with Iran) would only plunge us back into recession.
Chaddyr23
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.19, S: -5.83

P P
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 09:01:04 PM »

Your argument is against Obama rather than Pro Romney. Romney has not given me any damn reason to vote for him.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 09:05:08 PM »

Hey Politico, when you find out Obama won the election will somebody be there to administer your ether or will you just breathe into a cloth yourself?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 09:05:30 PM »

Job growth is not keeping pace with population growth. That is never good.

We just had the first instance of an embassy overrun with our ambassador assassinated since the Carter era. That is never good.

Obama has his 40%, or 47% perhaps, but most of you are in that group and are too blind to see what is around the corner (i.e., the nation refusing to give Obama four more years of the past four years)

Politico somewhere deep down beyond all the rhetoric you must realize that the Republicans have had a hand in creating this nations' problems, have made little progress on improving it and often hinder the solutions. Mind you, I don't think the Democratic party is all that much better either.  

Absolutely NOTHING that Romney is putting forth makes me think that he will stop the cannibalism of the middle and working class. Rather, it is my sincere belief that he will further solidify the American oligarchy.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 09:10:12 PM »

I'm not sure where the next four years will take us. If Obama is re-elected, I feel the economy may improve very gradually, but still be stagnant until Christie comes in. After that, who knows. Different policies, different political approaches, who knows.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 10:01:26 PM »

Politico, we've had more net job growth during Obama's first term than we did during Bush's first term. One of our foreign wars has come to an end. The man who masterminded 9/11 is now dead.

And what is the alternative to Obama's foreign policy? A man who insults our closest ally, the United Kingdom, during the Olympics? A man who used the death of an ambassador as an excuse to play politics?
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 11:10:20 PM »

From an international point of view, the last four years have been a remarkable improvement on the eight that preceded them. I think domestically the US is in a deep, deep hjole that nobody can get out of, but at least Obama has stopped trying to dig through to the other side whilst the sky is still visible.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 11:17:04 PM »

Good try, folks, but you guys are doomed if this is Obama's case for four more years. Playing the blame game did not work in 2010, so what makes you think things will turn out different this time?

You might as well face it: Your childhood hero is going to lose. The gig is up next month even if you won't realize it until Election Night.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2012, 11:21:25 PM »

I see the validity in your arguments, but don't think it's sufficient to ensure an Obama win. Pointing out that the GOP was largely responsible for the then-current woes did not work in 2010, so what makes you think things will turn out different this time, despite the fact that things are obviously better than they were then and the momentum is clearly against the Republicans who failed to meet their promises in the mid-term elections?

I encourage you to prepare for an Obama loss. He will lose on election night, even if all the evidence between now and then is to the contrary. I just know he will because I won't be voting for him and I'm most certainly right.

fixed.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2012, 11:22:18 PM »

Good try, folks, but you guys are doomed if this is Obama's case for four more years. Playing the blame game did not work in 2010, so what makes you think things will turn out different this time?

You might as well face it: Your childhood hero is going to lose. The gig is up next month even if you won't realize it until Election Night.

You li in such denial you make the rest of the right-wing trolls on this forum seem sane.
Michael
Rookie
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2012, 11:46:18 PM »

I see the validity in your arguments, but don't think it's sufficient to ensure an Obama win. Pointing out that the GOP was largely responsible for the then-current woes did not work in 2010, so what makes you think things will turn out different this time, despite the fact that things are obviously better than they were then and the momentum is clearly against the Republicans who failed to meet their promises in the mid-term elections?

I encourage you to prepare for an Obama loss. He will lose on election night, even if all the evidence between now and then is to the contrary. I just know he will because I won't be voting for him and I'm most certainly right.

fixed.

Reminds me to the redundant white translation joke.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies