AZ: GOP internal poll shows Democrat ahead by 5 !!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:37:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Senatorial Election Polls
  AZ: GOP internal poll shows Democrat ahead by 5 !!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AZ: GOP internal poll shows Democrat ahead by 5 !!!  (Read 3680 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 20, 2012, 12:45:14 AM »

PHOENIX -- The results of a surprising new poll in the U.S. Senate race were released Wednesday showing Democrat Richard Carmona beating his Republican rival.

The survey, which was conducted by a GOP-friendly firm, shows Carmona holding a 5-point edge over Jeff Flake.

Heading into the race, Flake was considered the heavy favorite to win in a state where Republicans hold a comfortable registration advantage over Democrats.

Officials with Flake's campaign declined to comment on the poll. But Flake's spokesman, Andrew Wilder, said, "We've always known this race is going to be a close one. That's why Jeff Flake is working hard to gain the trust of voters."

But a spokesman for Carmona's camp said they were pleased.

"We don't put too much weight in any poll, but this confirms what our campaign has been saying all along," said spokesman Andy Barr. "Dr. Carmona is a unique candidate with a background that appeals to Independents, Republicans, and Democrats."

Specifically, the numbers show Carmona with 44 percent and Flake with 39. But 16 percent of those questioned said they were undecided.

Of the 620 voters questioned, 37 percent were Republican, 34 percent were Democrat, and 29 percent were independent. The poll had a margin of error of 4 points.

The authors of the poll did not want to be identified because they were not authorized to release the details.

This comes on the heels of another survey released a couple of weeks ago showing Carmona trailing Flake by a single point.

More importantly for Carmona, the latest survey results continue a trend.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Poll-Carmona-leading-Flake-170432726.html

Awesome, if true.

Smiley
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 12:54:45 AM »

Wait... why would the Reps release a poll showing the Dems up, despite all public polls showing Flake up?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 01:00:13 AM »

oh. my. god.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 01:13:05 AM »

This. At this rate, the Dems won't just keep the Senate, they'll GAIN seats! Shocked
Mister Twister

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 01:42:48 AM »

Dems lose Nebraska but gain Massachusetts, Maine, Indiana, Arizona and Nevada. Dems end up with 57 seats
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 04:09:21 AM »

Maybe this will actually be a close race.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 04:31:24 AM »

Maybe this will actually be a close race.
This was always certain to be a close(ish) race. This also remains an R-favored race.

Unlike the battle for 2013-4 Senate Control, which I think probably never was R-favored in real life. (But is still more realistic than a Romney presidency.)

As to this poll... something's odd. So this was leaked by a disaffected Flake staffer or what?
The authors of the poll did not want to be identified because they were not authorized to release the details.
(Note that the article's details make it clear enough the Flake campaign agree that that poll exists.)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 06:05:37 AM »
« Edited: September 20, 2012, 06:19:00 AM by Eraserhead »

Wave election anyone? No, not yet? Well in any case with the presidential race going the way it is, it might be time for most of us to give a lot more thought about what's going to happen in the House and the Senate.

This kind of sums up my thoughts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp5JCrSXkJY&feature=fvwrel
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 06:07:58 AM »

I have no idea what's going on this year at this point. We can't possibly end up gaining Senate seats, right? ..Right?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 08:56:17 AM »

Dems lose Nebraska but gain Massachusetts, Maine, Indiana, Arizona and Nevada. Dems end up with 57 seats

That's a tad ambitious but--and I can't believe I'm saying this--at this point, IF current trends continue, that's not an impossible outcome.

Maybe this is premature, but when a GOP internal shows Camorana up 5, and in light of recent trends, I'm damn ready to call this one over baring scandal/maccaca moment. With that in mind the battlegrounds seem to have shifted to IN, NV, ND, and probably still MT.

Unbelievable considering where things stood less than a month ago, but still time for Romney to rally the troops and bring back enough wavering sick-of-Obama voters in the closing weeks to save a couple of these seats.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 10:17:37 AM »

This honestly sounds like a Democratic wet dream.  This is too good to be true!

World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 10:43:33 AM »

This honestly sounds like a Democratic wet dream.  This is too good to be true!

It is, and I'm constitutionally incapable of not being worried.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 06:55:42 PM »

The Democrats are running third in ME.  Possibly excepting MA, they will probably carry all the others.

Net GOP Senate gain of 3-7.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2012, 06:58:31 PM »

What are you smoking?
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2012, 07:02:00 PM »

The Democrats are running third in ME.  Possibly excepting MA, they will probably carry all the others.

You've got to realise that King = Democrat effectively.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2012, 07:44:54 PM »

Never change, J.J. Never ever change.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2012, 03:01:51 PM »

You've got to realise that King = Democrat effectively.

The Democrats aren't even running a candidate in the super-liberal state of Vermont. What idiots!
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2012, 01:01:18 AM »

The Democrats aren't even running a candidate in the super-liberal state of Vermont. What idiots!

Yes and no.  Sanders pulled the same stunt he did in 2006. He let his name be placed on the Democratic primary ballot and then after winning the primary declined the Democratic nomination.  I don't know why he doesn't go ahead admit to being a Democrat.  I guess it helps the state keep its quirky image.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2012, 05:57:47 AM »

Yes and no.  Sanders pulled the same stunt he did in 2006. He let his name be placed on the Democratic primary ballot and then after winning the primary declined the Democratic nomination.  I don't know why he doesn't go ahead admit to being a Democrat.  I guess it helps the state keep its quirky image.

You do realize that was irony, don't you?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2012, 08:04:19 AM »

Yes. He's pointing out that the situations aren't, in fact, identical.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2012, 09:22:12 AM »

Reading the 3012 boards dulls one's sense of irony.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2012, 12:17:40 PM »

Seriously. How many times can we read about the Obamachine 3000 pulling ahead of the Reagantronix QLZ in the race for Mars Mutant Colony's 48 electoral votes? Sheesh!
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2012, 12:58:00 PM »

hahaha you're right. 2012 boards are pretty disgusting.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2012, 08:13:51 PM »

Seriously. How many times can we read about the Obamachine 3000 pulling ahead of the Reagantronix QLZ in the race for Mars Mutant Colony's 48 electoral votes? Sheesh!

I needed that. Thanks.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2012, 10:20:37 PM »

Sigged.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies