Archbishop of Canterbury election 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:38:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Archbishop of Canterbury election 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Archbishop of Canterbury election 2012  (Read 6609 times)
useful idiot
YaBB God

« on: September 28, 2012, 02:06:57 PM »

Saw the words "Bishop of Durham" in a Guardian article and my heart soared, until I read more closely and found out it's the new guy that's being rumored to be the frontrunner.....such a shame...
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 02:13:34 PM »

Saw the words "Bishop of Durham" in a Guardian article and my heart soared, until I read more closely and found out it's the new guy that's being rumored to be the frontrunner.....such a shame...

You might like Justin Welby, actually. I don't like him much, but I'm also not yet entirely familiar with him.

Obviously he's not nearly as much a heavyweight as his predecessor, though.

Regardless of theological views, I think Wright would have been a fine choice for the job had he not retired. As someone that strongly backed Williams but has a pretty firm foot in the evangelical world, and just as a thoughtful and winsome communicator, I think he could have done a lot of good for the image of the position.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies