Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 30, 2014, 07:13:34 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  History (Moderator: True Federalist)
| | |-+  Napoleon first Hitler
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Napoleon first Hitler  (Read 596 times)
tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -8.00

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2012, 04:06:41 pm »
Ignore

Napoleon first Hitler?
Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 04:08:05 pm »
Ignore

No

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 04:18:59 pm »
Ignore

This is very insulting for Napoleon.
The Mikado
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 06:43:51 pm »
Ignore

I've seen the argument that Napoleon III can be seen as a proto-fascist (intersection of corporate and political power backed up by strong military, authoritarian rule backed up by plebiscites and demonstrations of popular support, etc.)but I don't really see how even that rather flimsy argument applies to Napoleon III's uncle Napoleon I.

Einzige is a poltroon who cowardly turns down duel challenges he should be honor-bound to accept. The Code Duello authorizes you to mock and belittle such a pathetic honorless scoundrel.
GM Napoleon
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 07:48:29 pm »
Ignore

Reported for personal attack.

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
Yelnoc
YaBB God
United States
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 07:52:30 pm »
Ignore

I've seen the argument that Napoleon III can be seen as a proto-fascist (intersection of corporate and political power backed up by strong military, authoritarian rule backed up by plebiscites and demonstrations of popular support, etc.)but I don't really see how even that rather flimsy argument applies to Napoleon III's uncle Napoleon I.

Well, he was clearly the first European to try and conquer Europe.  Wink

Goodbye
Governor Varavour
Simfan34
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: 4.91

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 10:16:47 pm »
Ignore

It's fun to think of the "failed in invading Britain so invaded Russia instead" parallel, but no.

"Dictator Paul Kagame was busy fornicating, embezzling funds, eating sausages and drinking yogurt."

dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 11:20:14 pm »
Ignore

le sigh

Quote from:   Martha Gellhorn for The Atlantic 1961
The unique misfortune of the Palestinian refugees is that they are a weapon in what seems to be a permanent war...today, in the Middle East, you get a repeated sinking sensation about the Palestinian refugees: they are only a beginning, not an end. Their function is to hang around and be constantly useful as a goad. The ultimate aim is not such humane small potatoes as repatriating refugees.
Deadly Poisonous Zanzibar Hamster
The Obamanation
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 12:10:07 am »
Ignore

Then Romney?

Convincing BRTD to drop the Sneakers O'Toole BS is like convincing Sneakers O'Toole to take his sneakers off.

(I realize I'm probably just further encouraging him by saying that, and for this I apologize.)
Robb the Survivor
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2012, 05:32:39 pm »
Ignore

You mean after Caesar, Charles the Great, Charles the Fifth, and a half-dozen others ?

Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, Lord of Winterfell and King in the North

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
A.G. Snowstalker
Snowstalker
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2012, 05:55:11 pm »
Ignore

You mean after Caesar, Charles the Great, Charles the Fifth, and a half-dozen others ?

tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -8.00

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2012, 06:22:16 pm »
Ignore

It's fun to think of the "failed in invading Britain so invaded Russia instead" parallel, but no.

and a brief period of being friends w Russia plus leaving Europe in a cloud of smoke.  Hitler more genocidal but that had more to do with the passage of time and development of technology of ideas.
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2012, 04:55:36 am »
Ignore

and a brief period of being friends w Russia plus leaving Europe in a cloud of smoke.  Hitler more genocidal but that had more to do with the passage of time and development of technology of ideas.

Did Napoleon plan a "final solution" regarding any national or ethnic group?
Markus Brandenburg
Old Europe
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2012, 05:25:30 am »
Ignore

Napoleon gave us the Napoleonic Code, Hitler gave us the Nuremberg Laws. Go figure.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 05:27:37 am by Old Europe »Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout