Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2014, 11:04:25 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  History (Moderator: True Federalist)
| | |-+  Napoleon first Hitler
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Napoleon first Hitler  (Read 547 times)
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« on: September 21, 2012, 04:06:41 pm »
Ignore

Napoleon first Hitler?
Mideast Assemblyman Ben
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 04:08:05 pm »
Ignore

No

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 04:18:59 pm »
Ignore

This is very insulting for Napoleon.

The Mikado
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 06:43:51 pm »
Ignore

I've seen the argument that Napoleon III can be seen as a proto-fascist (intersection of corporate and political power backed up by strong military, authoritarian rule backed up by plebiscites and demonstrations of popular support, etc.)but I don't really see how even that rather flimsy argument applies to Napoleon III's uncle Napoleon I.

It is very advisable to examine and dissect the men of science for once, since they for their part are quite accustomed to laying bold hands on everything in the world, even the most venerable things, and taking them to pieces.

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 07:48:29 pm »
Ignore

Reported for personal attack.

Please Senators, don't let the Russians, a folk of alcoholic homophobic, take Crimee
Yelnoc
YaBB God
United States
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 07:52:30 pm »
Ignore

I've seen the argument that Napoleon III can be seen as a proto-fascist (intersection of corporate and political power backed up by strong military, authoritarian rule backed up by plebiscites and demonstrations of popular support, etc.)but I don't really see how even that rather flimsy argument applies to Napoleon III's uncle Napoleon I.

Well, he was clearly the first European to try and conquer Europe.  Wink

Goodbye
AG Simfan
Simfan34
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 10:16:47 pm »
Ignore

It's fun to think of the "failed in invading Britain so invaded Russia instead" parallel, but no.

dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 11:20:14 pm »
Ignore

le sigh

Quote from:   Martha Gellhorn for The Atlantic 1961
The unique misfortune of the Palestinian refugees is that they are a weapon in what seems to be a permanent war...today, in the Middle East, you get a repeated sinking sensation about the Palestinian refugees: they are only a beginning, not an end. Their function is to hang around and be constantly useful as a goad. The ultimate aim is not such humane small potatoes as repatriating refugees.
Costco
The Obamanation
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 12:10:07 am »
Ignore

Then Romney?
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -4.87

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2012, 05:32:39 pm »
Ignore

You mean after Caesar, Charles the Great, Charles the Fifth, and a half-dozen others ?

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.
Snowstalker
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -8.39, S: -3.30

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2012, 05:55:11 pm »
Ignore

You mean after Caesar, Charles the Great, Charles the Fifth, and a half-dozen others ?

Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2012, 06:22:16 pm »
Ignore

It's fun to think of the "failed in invading Britain so invaded Russia instead" parallel, but no.

and a brief period of being friends w Russia plus leaving Europe in a cloud of smoke.  Hitler more genocidal but that had more to do with the passage of time and development of technology of ideas.
Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2012, 04:55:36 am »
Ignore

and a brief period of being friends w Russia plus leaving Europe in a cloud of smoke.  Hitler more genocidal but that had more to do with the passage of time and development of technology of ideas.

Did Napoleon plan a "final solution" regarding any national or ethnic group?

Strategos Autokrator
Old Europe
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2012, 05:25:30 am »
Ignore

Napoleon gave us the Napoleonic Code, Hitler gave us the Nuremberg Laws. Go figure.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 05:27:37 am by Old Europe »Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout