Texas state rep gets into Facebook troll-off with law student
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:25:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Texas state rep gets into Facebook troll-off with law student
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Texas state rep gets into Facebook troll-off with law student  (Read 1838 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 22, 2012, 01:12:49 AM »

http://blog.chron.com/texaspolitics/2012/09/go-live-in-afghanistan-riddle-tells-law-student/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I used to live in Debbie Riddle's district and am all too aware that she is crazy enough and dumb enough to behave this way. Unfortunately, if there is any greater body of evidence that people get government far worse than what they deserve, it's the Texas House of Representatives.

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 10:00:29 AM »

Texans get exactly the kind of government they deserve. They are only Texans, after all. They wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 12:00:03 PM »

Trolltastic!
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 04:09:22 PM »

Texans get exactly the kind of government they deserve. They are only Texans, after all. They wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

^^^This. Texans (or at least the conservative mental midget types) don't deserve any government. They can live in the Stone Age and die in poverty for all I care.

Didn't you say previously that your party has a shot of winning in Texas? Cause you're espousing a message guaranteed to appeal to the average Texan...
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 05:26:30 PM »

^^^This. Texans (or at least the conservative mental midget types) don't deserve any government. They can live in the Stone Age and die in poverty for all I care.

Didn't you say previously that your party has a shot of winning in Texas? Cause you're espousing a message guaranteed to appeal to the average Texan...

It's mondale. If he had said something sensible, that'd be news.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 11:55:25 AM »

It's also not quite what I meant.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 02:15:07 PM »

Obama has a shot at winning Texas because racist turnout will be down because they won't vote for no Mormon...
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 02:17:30 PM »

Obama has a shot at winning Texas because racist turnout will be down because they won't vote for no Mormon...

I ain't gonna vote for no daggum Mormon... wait, it's gonna get the black dude outta there? Sure.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 02:21:56 PM »

I ain't gonna vote for no daggum Mormon... wait, it's gonna get the black dude outta there? Sure.

A lot of these people hate Mormons more than blacks because religion trumps race. Also, many of these people will vote 3rd party, like you're so happy to do... Roll Eyes
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 04:25:01 PM »

A lot of these people hate Mormons more than blacks because religion trumps race. Also, many of these people will vote 3rd party, like you're so happy to do... Roll Eyes

Does it? In Texas? And if they don't vote for a Mormon, will they vote for a definitely nonpracticing guy, raised Lutheran, who borders on nonreligious? No? Then it's clear; Obama will win Texas because all the Romney supporters vote for... Jill Stein. Seems accurate.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 04:32:41 PM »

Does it? In Texas? And if they don't vote for a Mormon, will they vote for a definitely nonpracticing guy, raised Lutheran, who borders on nonreligious? No? Then it's clear; Obama will win Texas because all the Romney supporters vote for... Jill Stein. Seems accurate.

They'll vote third party, regardless of who it is. They just won't vote for either Romney or Obama. These people don't know who the third party candidates are, or where they stand on the issues, but they know that they aren't the major party candidates. They will vote third party in protest.

The same thing happened in the Arkansas Dem primary this year. John Wolfe - who is to the left of Obama and almost all issues - got 40% of the protest vote because he wasn't Obama, not because his worldview jived with theirs. These people could care less about the third party candidate's stand on the issues, they cast their protest votes as that: protest votes against the major parties.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 04:58:14 PM »

They'll vote third party, regardless of who it is. They just won't vote for either Romney or Obama. These people don't know who the third party candidates are, or where they stand on the issues, but they know that they aren't the major party candidates. They will vote third party in protest.

The same thing happened in the Arkansas Dem primary this year. John Wolfe - who is to the left of Obama and almost all issues - got 40% of the protest vote because he wasn't Obama, not because his worldview jived with theirs. These people could care less about the third party candidate's stand on the issues, they cast their protest votes as that: protest votes against the major parties.

John Wolfe is also a white dude from Chattanooga...
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 05:04:11 PM »

If Texans hate mormons and blacks... Virgil Goode will win its EVs. Oh, wait, he may split the anti-mormon&black vote with Johnson, and Obama will win because he has a black and Hispanic base in Texas.

My numbers:

Obama: 32.0494478%
Goode: 31.394235%
Johnson: 26.89873623%
Romney 7.73848543%
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2012, 05:49:50 PM »

If Texans hate mormons and blacks... Virgil Goode will win its EVs. Oh, wait, he may split the anti-mormon&black vote with Johnson, and Obama will win because he has a black and Hispanic base in Texas.

My numbers:

Romney 7.73848543%

But ya see, these Texans are mostly illiterate and don't know how to spell 'Virgil Goode' on the write-in.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2012, 12:29:02 PM »

No, if that happens Jill Stein wins Texas.

Fine with me.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 08:21:46 PM »

My numbers:

Romney 7.73848543%

But ya see, these Texans are mostly illiterate and don't know how to spell 'Virgil Goode' on the write-in.

Oh, that's true. So, I have to divide the 31.394235%:

Virgin Good 17.22349%
Virgin Goode 9.48456%
Virgil Goode 3.14589%
Virgil Good 1.7893855%
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies