Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2014, 10:28:28 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Presidential Election Trends (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King)
| | |-+  Will Mitt Romney continue the Presidential Campaign for 4 more years?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Will Mitt Romney continue the Presidential Campaign for 4 more years?  (Read 529 times)
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2012, 11:10:51 pm »
Ignore

Assuming he loses in 2012 (which I know what assuming does to people), will he get the picture or will he continue the campaign for 2016?

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
Wolfentoad
wolfentoad66
YaBB God
Lebanon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 11:46:02 pm »
Ignore

Assuming he loses in 2012 (which I know what assuming does to people), will he get the picture or will he continue the campaign for 2016?

He'll stop. I'm sure some idiot is gonna want him again for some reason, but he's probably gonna become Washingtons Top Lobbyist.

I will stay home in this next election if we do not have a conservative tea party patriot. I have had enough RINOS
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -7.48

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 12:07:16 am »
Ignore

No.

i like girls but there is NOTHING better then a sexi hott dude
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 11:16:14 am »
Ignore

He'd be taken about as seriously as Harold Stassen was post-1952.
Vosem
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 02:47:21 pm »
Ignore

It would take a highly specific set of circumstances, but it could happen:

a) Mitt must overperform on Election Day.
b) Mitt must win the popular vote.
c) Mitt must lose the decisive state by an extremely narrow, Florida-2000/Minnesota-2008-esque margin.
d) The Republicans should be successful at painting Obama's victory in the key state as fake (this one should be easy enough, when it's that close that's what everyone assumes anyway).
e) Obama's second term must be viewed by a solid majority of Americans -- 60% is the minimum -- as a failure.

That is, if Mitt is seen as the 'real winner' overwhelmingly, like Gore was, and there is a good deal of buyer's remorse about Obama winning come 2016 (like there really wasn't in 2004 with Bush), than Mitt could really run a legitimate campaign for the nomination in 2016.

Illegally selling arms to North Korea, providing most of the money to anti-Morales rebels in Bolivia, and using the remainder as hush money for his three ex-mistrisses. 
Fuzzy Bear

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 11:12:35 pm »
Ignore

It would take a highly specific set of circumstances, but it could happen:

a) Mitt must overperform on Election Day.
b) Mitt must win the popular vote.
c) Mitt must lose the decisive state by an extremely narrow, Florida-2000/Minnesota-2008-esque margin.
d) The Republicans should be successful at painting Obama's victory in the key state as fake (this one should be easy enough, when it's that close that's what everyone assumes anyway).
e) Obama's second term must be viewed by a solid majority of Americans -- 60% is the minimum -- as a failure.

That is, if Mitt is seen as the 'real winner' overwhelmingly, like Gore was, and there is a good deal of buyer's remorse about Obama winning come 2016 (like there really wasn't in 2004 with Bush), than Mitt could really run a legitimate campaign for the nomination in 2016.

It would take every bit of that for Mitt to ever be a credible candidate again.  Even with those circumstances, Mitt would be viewed as a guy who blew an election he should have easily won.  Mitt is not popular among Republicans and if these circumstances occurred, it would galvanize Republicans to view the victim of the election as the GOP as a whole, and not Mitt Romney personally.  I believe that Mitt Romney, if he loses, will fade into as much obscurity as a former major party nominee can possible fade to.
True Federalist
Ernest
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 02:31:48 am »
Ignore

The only way the loser this time will run in 2016 is if they win the PV but lose the EV, and in that case we'll have not only the "joy" of a rematch in 2016, but the "fun" of four continuous years of campaigning thanks to the SuperPACs.

My November ballot:
Ervin(I) Gov.
Sellers(D) Lt. Gov.
Hammond(R) Sec. of State
Diggs(D) Att. Gen.
Herbert(D) Comptroller Gen.
Spearman(R) Supt. of Education
DeFelice(American) Commissioner of Agriculture
Hutto(D) US Sen (full)
Scott(R) US Sen (special)
Geddings(Labor) US House SC-2
Quinn(R) SC House District 69
Yes: Amendment 1 (Gen. Assembly may allow and regulate charity raffles)
No: Amendment 2 (end election of the Adjutant General)
J. J.
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 07:07:04 pm »
Ignore

The only way the loser this time will run in 2016 is if they win the PV but lose the EV, and in that case we'll have not only the "joy" of a rematch in 2016, but the "fun" of four continuous years of campaigning thanks to the SuperPACs.

I think this is it.

J. J.

"Actually, .. now that you mention it...." 
- Londo Molari

"Every government are parliaments of whores.
The trouble is, in a democracy the whores are us." - P. J. O'Rourke

"Wa sala, wa lala."

(Zulu for, "You snooze, you lose.")
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout