The Revolt
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:26:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Revolt
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Revolt  (Read 2828 times)
NHI
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 23, 2012, 05:02:54 PM »

"Author's Note: To be honest I am simply burnout with my previous timeline and am focusing all my energy into this timeline as the storyline is more interesting in my view."

"...Today I come to you because I can sit back no longer. We've been asked to be patient, we been told that it's just the glimmer of Washington politics, we've been told that recovery is just around the corner. Well we've been hearing that tune for almost four years and I've watched as the message has wobbled and wiggled. Our party has become a mockery of what it could be and frankly should be. The incumbent President tells us that this is the future of the party, this is way it has to be, but I say no. Tell that to the millions of proud supporters across this country believe in the principles that made our party great! I will not stand by and watch as our party drifts away from its fundamentals, makes deals with Democrats all the while our country suffers. Our party should not be the lesser of two evils with Democrats, our party should stand up for what it believes. To embrace the principles that Ronald Reagan spoke of, and that our country was built on. Now people say to me why don't you just run for as a third party, and my answer is simple: I won't allow the Democrats that option. I embrace the Republican Party principles and I want to save it, and prevent from becoming just another Democratic Party. We're different. We stand for liberty, freedom, respect the dignity of human life lower taxes, smaller government and the principles of our constitution. So today I announce my candidacy for the Republican Nomination, because it is time to get this country back on track."

President Romney: Approval Rating
Approve: 40%
Disapprove: 55%

Four Years Earlier:
Romney/Ryan: 272 49.20%
Obama/Biden: 266 49.01%
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 06:09:23 PM »

This looks great, so how has the Romney Administration been doing? Badly I presume considering his approval is so nearing Carter levels.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 08:57:44 AM »

This looks great, so how has the Romney Administration been doing? Badly I presume considering his approval is so nearing Carter levels.

Unemployment has remained significantly high, despite dropping to 7.9% by the end of Romney's first year, it hasn't dipped below 7% yet. Obamacare is still the law of the land despite one attempt to repeal the law in late 2013. Democrats reclaimed control of the House in 2014 and gridlock has continued to define Washington business, with Romney proving to be ineffective at reaching a deal with Democrats, though in early 2015 he did broker a deal which did include massive spending cuts, as well as a small tax hike on those making over $250,000.00.

Needless to say the Republican base is not pleased with Romney, and Vice President Ryan has largely been sidelined to foreign trips and assumed an LBJ role of VP. There had been a growing effort draft Rand Paul into running, but he chose not to run. The strongest alternative is Huckabee who never quite warmed up to Romney anyways.

So we shall see what happens...
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 10:43:57 AM »

The Battle for the Soul of the Republican Party

Republican Nomination Poll:
Romney: 50%
Huckabee: 33%
Undecided: 17%

Iowa Caucuses Poll:
Romney: 49%
Huckabee: 38%
Undecided: 13%

New Hampshire Primary Poll:
Romney: 79%
Huckabee: 11%
Undecided: 9%

South Carolina Primary Poll:
Romney: 46%
Huckabee: 38%
Undecided: 16%

"Governor Huckabee is proving himself to be a worthy and competitive challenger in the primary race. I don't even believe Ted Kennedy was doing this well against Jimmy Carter in 1980 when he challenged the sitting President." -- Chuck Todd

"The problem that exists for President Romney know is that the the base is slipping away from him and the more it slips from him, the more he'll have to maximize his stances and thus alienate half of the voters, many who sent him to the White House four years ago. Primary challenges are never good for the incumbent President, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, George H.W. Bush, all were challenged by insurgent campaigns going into their reelection year, and all three lost to their challengers: Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton." -- Rachel Maddow

"Something that doesn't get too covered in this election so far is the Democratic race, now I have to ask why is that?" -- Joe Scarborough

"Well, the fact is everyone knows the nominee is going to be Hillary Clinton. She has yet to formally announce, but all indicators point to her running, and which is why we have seen people like Cuomo, O'Malley, Patrick and others step aside in favor of Clinton." -- Mark Halperin.

"It does look like Brian Schweitzer might run and if he does he's base of support will be among the Anti-Clinton voters, which I can't believe are many. But nevertheless if he runs he probably does the best in Iowa and maybe can stall the coronation march of Clinton, but otherwise she's got this wrapped up." -- Chris Matthews

Democratic Nomination Poll:
Clinton: 76%
Other: 19%

"Today I announce my intention to run for President of the United States of America..."

"She's in, Let's Play HardBall..."

"...There is a belief among many in both parties that we're looking at 1980 in reverse. A weak incumbent, challenged by someone in his party, a strong challenger rides in on voter frustration and malaise and defeats the incumbent. Is Hillary Clinton now the Democrats Ronald Reagan?" -- Chris Matthews.

"I would not go that far Chris. Look Romney's in deep trouble right now, both in terms of the economy and with his base. If he could keep the base in line he can mount a serious challenge to Clinton. The problem for the President now is Iowa. He has to win Iowa, and it can't be by a sliver. He's got to put Huckabee away and put it away fast, otherwise what ends up happening is he'll be caught up in a drawn out primary battle, while Hillary Clinton can define him and the race, and also the President becomes mired in taking stances he otherwise would not take." -- Sam Stein.

"Hillary Clinton has the advantage, but I would not count President Romney out. This is a guy who was done in most of the polls four years ago and he still defeated, albeit narrowly, but still defeated the incumbent president, so I would not count him out just yet." --- Howard Fineman

Brian Schweitzer Enters the Democratic Race
"The voters frankly deserve a choice in an nominee, not to simply be handed one."

"The President won't agree to a debate and that sends a message that he's afraid. Afraid of his own base, afraid of the questions he'll face. I'm sorry President Romney but real leadership is not ducking when the going gets tough, real leadership is taking the challenges head on."

"I think it's wonderful when one is freed from the restraints of governing. They can run all over the country and say this, that and the other thing, but when you're President you have to govern, and that's what I'm doing. That's why I was elected. All that other stuff out there right now is background noise." -- Pres. Romney on Gov. Huckabee's campaign.

Huckabee: 35%
Undecided: 15%

"We need a conservative in the White House! Not a Massachusetts moderate who has flipped so many times he's finally become a flop." -- Rick Santorum on endorsing Huckabee

"The polls are showing you gaining momentum in Iowa, but what happens for your campaign going forward if you don't win the caucuses." -- David Gregory

"We may not win Iowa, but our margins will be close, and the biggest victory will be the symbolic one. It'll be a protest vote that the President needs to remember the principles of our party." Frankly, President Romney has drifted so far from the Republican Party principles and positions that I can't even tell where he stands today. Is he a moderate, a conservative or a republican? Look David, this campaign has a lot of passion and energy behind it, so I'm not going to speculate beyond what happens next Thursday." -- Gov. Huckabee

One Week Before Iowa:
Huckabee: 42%
Undecided: 9%

President Swings Through Iowa
"We need unity, not division and if Governor Huckabee cared about the party and the country he'd stop this insurgent campaign and realize that to prevent Hillary Clinton from becoming President we must all work together as one party with one voice."

Iowa Caucuses: First Results
Romney: 49.0%
Huckabee: 46.9%

"I cannot believe how close the margin is. Senator Kennedy did not do this well against Carter in Iowa back in 1980, and even Pat Buchanan did not do this well against President Bush, the first in 1992 in their primary challenge." -- Chris Matthews

"If Governor Huckabee can win this then the entire race for the nomination is changed, even if he can keep if close by within a point or two, I think we've got a real fight on our hands and we might see the first incumbent president in modern history be denied renomination." -- Joe Scarborough

Iowa Caucuses: Democrats
Clinton: 75%
Schweitzer: 24%
RedPrometheus

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 03:04:40 PM »

Another great timeline of yours! Looking forward to the next update!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 03:29:31 PM »

This is one of the few situations that would find me voting for Mitt Romney. Only if Schweitzer wins the Democratic nomination...
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 04:23:54 PM »

Hillary heading toward a 45-state sweep. Smiley
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 04:31:03 PM »

Let's go insurgent Schweitzer campaign!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 07:21:57 PM »

Clinton '16!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 09:51:02 PM »

9:40 PM

Iowa Race Too Close to Call

Iowa Caucuses:
Romney: 48.4%
Huckabee: 47.9%

"Governor Huckabee is not conceding defeat tonight, not until a winner is projected." -- Rachel Maddow

"The President is certainly in trouble, regardless if Governor Huckabee wins tonight." -- Lawrence O'Donnell

BREAKING NEWS: HUCKABEE LEADS ROMNEY, AP

Iowa Caucuses: 9:30
Huckabee: 48.2%
Romney: 48.1%

"This seems like a replay of Iowa from four years ago between Romney and Santourm, who has not surprisingly endorsed Governor Huckabee in the race." -- Rachel Maddow

HUCKABEE PROJECTED TO WIN IOWA CAUCUSES, AP

Iowa Caucuses: 11:58
Huckabee: 48.27%
Romney: 48.18%

"Tonight the Republican Race just got a lot more complicated and the Presidential election for Hillary Clinton just got a whole lot easier." -- Joe Scarborough

"...Tonight we saw a real victory. The conservative movement won out, for we are the Republican party, so thank you Iowa, thank you so much."

Pres. Romney Chose Not to hold a rally in Iowa, but instead watched the results from The White House.

The Seemingly Unanswerable Question:

New Hampshire Primary Poll: Republicans
Romney: 51%
Huckabee: 37%
Undecided: 10%

New Hampshire Primary Poll: Democrats
Clinton: 69%
Schweitzer: 26%
Undecided: 5%

National Polls: Republicans
Huckabee: 39%
Undecided: 12%

National Polls: Democrats
Clinton: 74%
Schweitzer: 20%
Undecided: 6%

"Romney should have New Hampshire locked up, so that'll give him a nice boost, but I'm telling ya man, South Carolina is going to be the real test. If Romney can't fend off Huckabee there, he's going to have go all 2012 Romney and burying him in ads and attacks, like what he did to Santorum, Perry, Gingrich and all the rest from four years ago. He's largely been distant, choosing not to engage with Huckabee and Iowa proved last night that was a mistake. Mitt Romney is going to have to go on the offensive, because the incumbency from his point does not have any weight and the base is really unhappy with him." -- Joe Scarborough

"What happens to some of the other big name Republicans like Rubio, Christie and Walker? Do they back Romney in an effort to rally support and block out Huckabee, or do they remain silent?" -- Willie Geist.

"They've remained silent because they don't want to get into this. Frankly, people like Rubio and Christie probably see the handwriting on the wall and are looking to 2020 as their shots for the White House. But, I suspect before too long Romney will be dragging these big names behind him, and as President he'll have that weight. People like Santorum, it's not going to make a hill of beans what happens with an endorsement. A Christie endorsement matters and people like him and Rubio have to tread carefully. They can back Romney, but can risk hurting themselves with the Republican base. I'm sure they're hoping Romney puts Huckabee away before they have to endorse him." -- Joe Scarborough

"Moving on, to something a bit more pleasant. Turning to the Democratic Race, Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton wracked up an impressive win over challenger former Governor Brian Schweitzer last night, defeating the former Governor from Montana by fifty one points. The next question is were does he go from here. He's determined to fight, as evident by his speech from last night, but will he be able to turn things around in New Hampshire, joining us now is Former Governor Brian Schweitzer." -- Mika Brzezinski

"Governor, many suspected that if there was a state for you to pull a surprise upset it was Iowa, but last night certainly was not the case." -- Joe Scarborough

"No, no it wasn't, but we're not discouraged. When I first entered the race I was polling in single digits and last night we managed to take twenty-four percents, that a remarkable turnaround for a campaign that originally was polling at eleven percent in Iowa just a month ago. So I'm pleased. Look we're up against a tough machine, we know it's going to be tough, but the Democratic Primary voters deserve a choice in who is the nominee." -- Brian Schweitzer.

Is the next stop New Hampshire then, or are you looking elsewhere?" -- Joe Scarborough

"We're going to compete in New Hampshire and everywhere. I think we'll do well in New Hampshire, Secretary Clinton is already down to sixty nine percent, that about a nine point drop from where she was a few weeks ago, so we're gaining momentum." -- Brian Schweitzer

The President Returns to shore up support in The Granite State

NH UNION LEADER BACKS HUCKABEE
"It's refreshing to have a real conservative in the race."

"A primary is good for the party, it will only strengthen us in November, because strong we must be in November, especially going against the Clinton Machine." -- Sarah Palin.

"Are you going to endorse a candidate?" -- Sean Hannity.

"I don't see the need to at this time. Let the process work itself out. Let the voters decide." -- Sarah Palin

January 5th: Primary Day

"As it was widely expected, Governor, excuse me, President Romney is the winner of the New Hampshire Primary." -- Rachel Maddow

New Hampshire Primary: Republicans (4% of the vote)
Romney: 57%

"A much needed win for the President tonight. The Republican race now moves onto South Carolina, but returning to the Democratic Race we are unable to project a winner yet. The polls are tight between Hillary Clinton and Brian Schweitzer. In a state largely suspected to go for the Former Secretary of State, the Former Governor of Montana is doing exceptionally well, which may be telling for the rest of tonight, but we shall see." -- Rachel Maddow

New Hampshire Primary: Democrats (5% of the vote)
Clinton: 56%
Schweitzer: 42%
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 03:40:35 PM »
« Edited: September 27, 2012, 07:59:49 PM by NHI »

CLINTON PROJECTED TO WIN NH PRIMARY

NH PRIMARY:
Clinton: 54.5%
Schweitzer: 44.7%

"Hillary Clinton pulls it out in New Hampshire, but Brian Schweitzer, he certainly came back strong last night, and instead of the headline being the coronation of Hillary Clinton, it is a Wait a Second, we're not through, from the Democratic Primary voters." -- Joe Scarborough

Democrat Primary Map: Delegates
Clinton: 40
Schweitzer: 12

Republican Primary Map: Delegates
Romney: 27
Huckabee: 18

Republican Primary Poll:
Undecided 12%

Democrat Primary Poll:
Clinton: 60%
Schweitzer: 33%

South Carolina Primary Poll: Republicans
Romney: 48%
Huckabee: 45%

South Carolina Primary Poll: Democrats
Clinton: 54%
Schweitzer: 41%

"We fell short in New Hampshire, but South Carolina is going to give us the comeback we need, for as this state knows something about picking the nominee of the Republican Party, and come primary day this state will pick the true conservative and send him on his way to lead the party to victory against Hillary Clinton in November!"

South Carolina Primary: (10% Reporting)
Huckabee: 50.0%
Romney: 46.9%

"The President is trailing Governor Huckabee at this stage with ten percent reporting. Most polls in recent days showed the race to be tight in South Carolina, but gave a slight edge to the President." -- Rachel Maddow

"In the Democratic Race we're seeing the continued march to the nomination by Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Despite an late surge in New Hampshire by Brian Schweitzer, Mrs. Clinton is running up the numbers tonight, with what looks to be her second big win of the primary season." -- Chris Hayes

South Carolina Primary: Democrat
Clinton: 57.7%
Schweitzer: 40.9%
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 04:19:24 PM »

Schweitzer wouldn't do well in SC; blacks would go heavily for Clinton, and Schweitzer probably appeals more to Western whites than Southern whites, who still like that Clinton name.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2012, 06:46:03 PM »

Schweitzer wouldn't do well in SC; blacks would go heavily for Clinton, and Schweitzer probably appeals more to Western whites than Southern whites, who still like that Clinton name.
This.

Still, so far so good.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2012, 07:57:21 PM »

Noted, thanks.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2012, 09:00:43 PM »

Clinton: 58.0%
Schweitzer: 39.9%

HUCKABEE PROJECTED TO WIN SOUTH CAROLINA PRIMARY
Huckabee: 50.9%
Romney: 47.8%

Huckabee Supporters Watch the Results at his HQ last Night

"Last Night Former Governor Mike Huckabee defeated President Romney in the South Carolina Primary, and this morning the Romney campaign is in trouble. Not only is it more apparent that Hillary Clinton will be the nominee, but the President is facing a serious and effective challenge from Mike Huckabee in a race for the soul of the Republican Party." -- Joe Scarborough 

"President Romney faces a similar situation like what happened against Newt Gingrich after he loss South Carolina eight years ago, the difference now is the conservative base which didn't trust him four years ago, is now completely over him and moving on and it seems like Huckabee is the candidate they've selected." -- Mark Halperin

"Are we headed towards a brokered convention?" -- Joe Scarborough

"If things don't start changing for the President quickly, then yes we will be." -- Mark Halperin

"Chuck Todd, the latest polls out this morning aren't looking good for the President, both in terms of the nomination and the election against Hillary Clinton." -- Joe Scarborough

"Yeah Joe. The Romney campaign is in trouble, not only are a majority of Americans losing confidence in his ability to turn around the economy, the base has left him." -- Chuck Todd

Undecided: 10%

Romney v. Clinton
Romney: 40%
Clinton: 48%

The President Addresses Supporters in Nevada

Nevada Caucuses:
Romney: 61.9%
Huckabee: 36.2%

Schweitzer Wins in Nevada
Schweitzer: 52.9%
Clinton: 46.5%

Romney: 34
Huckabee:31

Democrat Primary Map: Delegates
Clinton: 57
Schweitzer: 21

Democratic Nomination Poll:
Clinton: 62%
Schweitzer: 34%
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 09:22:12 PM »

Next Update By Tomorrow Evening.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, 05:47:13 PM »

Romney Attack Ad Against Huckabee

"Tonight is the Florida Primary and all eyes are certainly on the Republican Race. President Romney has rebounded with a win in Nevada over Governor Huckabee, but it still seems that there is a disconnect. The President has gone after Huckabee but it does not appear to be working and why does it seem Chuck Todd that even if Romney wins tonight that this Race won't be over." -- Mike Huckabee

"That's just it Joe. The base is not rallying behind Romney despite all the negative ads against Huckabee. Now Governor Christie is expected to come out and rally behind Romney after tonight, so we can already see the establishment shifting towards Romney. It'll be interesting to see what people like Rubio and others." -- Chuck Todd

"Now Chuck, on the Democratic Race is this fight over?" -- Joe Scarborough

"Yes. Schweitzer is running out of money and his support despite a win in Nevada is draining, so I suspect him to be out of the race sooner rather than later." -- Chuck Todd

Democrat Primary Poll: Florida
Clinton: 59%
Schweitzer: 39%

Republican Primary Poll: Florida
Romney: 54%

Florida Primary: Democrats
"And as expected, Hillary Clinton is the projected winner in the Florida Primary..."-- Rachel Maddow

Clinton: 60.0%
Schweitzer: 38.9%

"Mrs. Clinton wins big tonight in the sunshine state, moving one step closer towards the Democratic Nomination. We cannot say that tonight about President Romney and the Republican Nomination." -- Joe Scarborough

Florida Primary: Republican
Romney: 50.0%
Huckabee: 46.9%

"Governor Huckabee is polling better than previously thought tonight. While the President may still end up winning the state, his margin will be very close and that will give the grassroots reason to continue, despite Romney winning all the delegates tonight." -- Chris Hayes

"...And we can now project that President Romney is the winner in the crucial Florida primary, now bringing his wins to three of the five states that have voted thus far." -- Rachel Maddow.

Romney: 51.5%
Huckabee: 47.2%

Romney: 84
Huckabee: 31

Clinton: 95
Schweitzer: 29

"The Romney Campaign can breathe a sigh of relief this morning. Florida's fifty delegates went to the President last night, certainly stalling Mike Huckabee, but this morning he is showing no sign of relenting, going after the President on health care, on taxes and conservatism, or his lack thereof." -- Joe Scarborough

"Yes, and this is where the campaign is entering into the murky area. The Democratic race is effectively over. Schweitzer is running out of money and my prediction is will be out soon. Huckabee however still has some key backers and the grassroots support on his side. He can drag this primary out, the President cannot. The longer he wastes with Huckabee, the more time Hillary Clinton will be able to go after him." -- Mark Halperin

Republican Nomination Poll: NBC/WALL STREET JOURNAL POLL
Huckabee: 46%
Undecided: 5%

Romney Approval Rating:
Approve: 38%
Disapprove: 51%

"Another thing we should note Mark, is today's polls. Granted they were taken before Florida, but still it does not paint a pretty picture for the Romney campaign. He only leads Huckabee by three in the latest NBC/WALL STREET JOURNAL POLL and his approval rating is at an all time low of 38 percent with 51 percent disapproving." -- Joe Scarborough
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2012, 02:12:38 PM »

Schweitzer's money should be dried up by now
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2012, 03:38:30 PM »

SCHWEITZER BOWS OUT
"I am ending my campaign for President and now endorsing Hillary Clinton because in November we Democrats must take back the White House!"

Hillary Clinton, The Presumptive Democratic Nominee

"Well she did it. Hillary Clinton, eight years after her failed at the White House and then four years as Secretary of State is now for all intensive purposes the nominee of the Democratic Party, for President of the United States. The first woman to be nominated as the headliner on a major ticket in a few months, and as she reaches this point this evening she has all the reason to be happy. Looking at the latest poll numbers The former Secretary of State is leading the President by more than ten points in the latest NBC-Wall Street Journal Poll." -- Chris Matthews

Romney v. Clinton:
Clinton: 52%
Romney: 39%
Undecided: 11%

"As for the President, he is still mired in a tight race against challenger Mike Huckabee, who seems to have won the hearts and minds of the conservative base that has finally deserted Romney, however late today Governor of New Jersey Chris Christie backed Romney at a rally in Colorado, saying this," -- Chris Matthew

"The Democrats are going to nominate Hillary Clinton, now right off the bat this election is not going to be a cake walk. I mean we're not going up against no Teddy Bear, so we have to ready and that means as a party we need to come to together. We need to rally around this man, President Romney, because he and only he can lead this party to victory and defeat Hillary Clinton." -- Gov. Chris Christie.

COLORADO, ARIZONA, MINNESOTA, MISSOURI CONTESTS:

Colorado:
Huckabee: 48%

Minnesota:
Romney: 54%
Huckabee: 44%

Missouri:
Huckabee: 52%
Romney: 47%

Romney: 133
Huckabee: 111

"A strong night for President Romney last night, but he still has yet to vanquish Huckabee and I think it's because at this point the base simply not going to hold their nose and vote for the guy. The base may destroy the party in doing so, but they do not want to vote for Mitt Romney, not again." -- Joe Scarborough

Maine Caucuses:
Romney: 55%

Delegates:
Romney: 153
Huckabee: 115

independent-lefty
Rookie
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2012, 09:13:00 PM »

Keep it up.  Love the timelines with Hillary; at least her base would hold her accountable if she decided to fire-sale Social Security...
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2012, 04:37:38 PM »

Super Tuesday:

Alabama:
Huckabee: 64%
Romney: 35%

Alaska:

Arizona:
Huckabee: 49%

Arkansas:
Huckabee: 61%
Romney: 38%

Connecticut:
Romney: 70%
Huckabee: 28%

DC:
Romney: 91%
Huckabee: 8%

Delaware:
Romney: 60%

Georgia:
Huckabee: 69%
Romney: 30%

Idaho:

Indiana:
Romney: 52%
Huckabee: 47%

Illinois:
Romney: 53%
Huckabee: 46%

Kansas:
Huckabee: 55%
Romney: 45%

Kentucky:
Huckabee: 57%
Romney: 42%

Louisiana:
Huckabee: 61%
Romney: 38%

Maryland:
Romney: 59%
Huckabee: 40%

Massachusetts:
Romney: 85%
Huckabee: 14%

Michigan:
Romney: 58%
Huckabee: 41%

Mississippi:
Huckabee: 65%
Romney: 34%

Montana:
Huckabee: 50%

Nebraska:

New York:
Romney: 59%

North Dakota:

North Carolina:
Huckabee: 51%

Oklahoma:
Huckabee: 57%

Rhode Island:
Romney: 80%
Huckabee: 19%

Vermont:
Romney: 70%
Huckabee: 29%

Wyoming:

West Virginia:
Huckabee: 52%

US Virgin Islands:
Romney: 100%

Romney: 670
Huckabee: 410

Huckabee Refuses to Bow out of the Race. "The fight for the soul of the Republican Party Continues!"

"At this point, because of the fourteen states won by Governor Huckabee, the Romney campaign is facing a steep hill to climb. They need to crush him going into the next set of contests, otherwise we're looking at a brokered convention, because Huckabee is not going to bow out until there is a nominee." -- Joe Scarborough

Washington Caucuses:
Romney: 64%
Huckabee: 35%

Romney Looks to Finish Off Huckabee

Huckabee: 45%

Tennessee, Virginia and Ohio Primaries:

Tennessee:
Huckabee: 51%

Virginia:

Ohio:

Despite being 330 Delegates away from Clinching the Republican Nomination, President Romney signaled victory after his two victories over Governor Huckabee.

Romney: 814
Huckabee: 454

"The Race is Over." -- Karl Rove

Santorum campaigns for Huckabee in Scranton, ahead of the Pennsylvania Primary.

"What Huckabee can hope for now is that he throws a wrench in Romney's plans and denies him enough delegates, forcing this thing to go to a convention floor fight." -- Joe Scarborough

Pennsylvania Primary: (5%)
Romney: 50.0%
Huckabee: 48.9%

"A late surge by Governor Huckabee can mean only one thing, President Romney's in trouble." -- Rachel Maddow

Pennsylvania Primary: (15%)
Romney: 49.7%
Huckabee: 49.3%

RACE TOO CLOSE TO CALL!
GLPman
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2012, 11:46:58 AM »

Regardless of whether Huckabee or Romney wins, it looks like the GOP will face an uphill battle against Clinton.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2012, 10:44:25 PM »

Pennsylvania Primary:
Romney: 50.08%
Huckabee: 48.99%

MITT ROMNEY WINS PENNSYLVANIA PRIMARY
Romney: 886

"The President pulls a narrow, but significant win in the Pennsylvania Primary. Governor Huckabee still does not concede. The question remains if he can comeback in the Texas Primary in just two short weeks..." -- Joe Scarborough

"If Romney wins Texas this should be finally over. Huckabee's only hope is to win Texas and deny Romney the needed delegates, thus throwing this to the convention." -- Mark Halperin.

Romney: 55%

Texas Primary:
Romney: 51.0%
Huckabee: 48.0%

Romney: 1,041

"President Romney needs 103 delegates to win the Republican nomination for President and Governor Huckabee shows no sign of quitting, crazy? Yes."  -- Rachel

New Mexico Primary:
Romney: 60.9%
Huckabee: 39.9%

Romney: 1,064

Oregon Primary:
Romney: 70.0%
Huckabee: 29.9%

South Dakota Primary:
Romney: 59.9%
Huckabee: 40.0%

New Jersey Primary:
Romney: 80.0%
Huckabee: 19.2%

California Primary:
Romney: 78.6%
Huckabee: 22.0%

ROMNEY WINS REPUBLICAN NOMINATION
Romney: 1,342

General Election Matchup:
Clinton: 51%
Romney: 44%

Huck ends bid, but does not endorses Romney, leaving door open for a third party run.   "We'll see..."

Hypothetical Matchup: Clinton v. Romney v. Huckabee
Clinton: 50%
Romney: 35%
Huckabee: 10%
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2012, 06:11:54 AM »

Huckabee Will Not Seek Third Party Candidacy

"Well at least The President will have the base united behind, at least with Huckabee bowing out. Now whether they turnout is another story." -- Joe Scarborough

Battleground Polls:

Ohio:
Romney: 43%

Missouri:

Florida:
Clinton: 49%

New Hampshire:
Romney: 41%

Iowa:

Colorado:

West Virginia:
Romney: 46%

Arkansas:

Montana:

Georgia:
Clinton: 47%

Virginia:

Nevada:

Indiana:
Clinton: 47%

"These numbers are devastating for the President. He maybe looking at a landslide defeat." -- Chris Matthews

Poll Among Registered Voters:

Poll Among Latinos:
Clinton: 70%
Romney: 24%

Poll Among Women:
Clinton: 60%
Romney: 32%

Poll Among Voters Aged 18-29:
Clinton: 65%
Romney: 29%

Poll Among Independents:
Romney: 40%

Who is Best Able to Handle The Economy?

Who is Best Able to Handle Foreign Policy?
Romney: 47%

General Election Poll:
Undecided: 7%

Moving Ahead to Election Night 2016 In The Next Installment:

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States