Sarah Palin offers advice to Mitt Romney - use Reverend Wright
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:07:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Sarah Palin offers advice to Mitt Romney - use Reverend Wright
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Sarah Palin offers advice to Mitt Romney - use Reverend Wright  (Read 2607 times)
Mister Twister

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 23, 2012, 07:35:17 PM »

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/politics/2012-election/video-sarah-palin-urges-mitt-romney-use-rev-wright-attack-obama
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 07:44:18 PM »

Please follow her advice Mitt. I'd really like to win back the House too.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 08:09:29 PM »

Sarah Palin, political genious!
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 08:23:34 PM »

If Romney starts attacking Obama over Wright, then the campaign is over.  Going back to Wright would basically be an act of supreme desparation on Romney's part.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 08:28:52 PM »

Sarah Palin, political genious!
JFK-Democrat
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 08:40:04 PM »

Oh man...please Mitt do it!!! As a previous poster said we want to win back the House and retain the Senate in a landslide!
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 08:43:35 PM »

Sarah Palin is indeed a great source of election advice.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 08:49:07 PM »

Mitt Romney taking her advice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YOh-rpvjYg

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2012, 08:52:21 PM »

Ah, yes, we're all aware of how intelligent and clever Sarah Palin is with regards to electoral politics.
ajb
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2012, 08:54:52 PM »

Terrible advice for Romney, obviously. But clever positioning for Palin. Presuming Romney loses (as she seems to be), she can tell everyone that he would have won if only he'd listened to her.
Isn't it time for a Palin comeback?
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2012, 09:07:34 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2012, 09:17:28 PM by Politico »

We need to ask Obama why he provided legal representation for a politically-connected slumlord who had cut the heat on tenants in the dead of winter. We need to find out what happened to those tenants who were thrown onto the cold, winter streets of Chicago by a man that Obama defended in court. We also need to ask why Obama's top adviser was the CEO of a predatory lending company that devastated poor people with sub-prime mortgages. Furthermore, we need to ask Obama why he continues to support Timothy Geithner, known on Wall Street as "our man in Washington" from the "Too Big to Fail" lovers who embrace the culture of bailouts and socializing losses while maintaining private profits. Obviously this last point would need to be coupled with embracing a return to the division of commercial banking and investment banking, ensuring our system is always about profits AND losses, which is a reasonable alternative to Dodd-Frank and Geithner's cronyism.

The main goal should be dispelling the myth that out-of-touch Democrats in Washington give a damn about ordinary people. Washington Democrats only care about special interest groups, which is what needs to be hammered into people's heads between now and election day in order to drive down Democratic turnout and drive up Republican turnout. Washington Democrats are clinging to 8% unemployment and one trillion dollar deficits. We should be able to win this in a landslide, folks!

Obviously the Reverend Wright issue was tackled in 2008, and it's time to move on from that.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2012, 09:37:06 PM »

We need to ask Obama why he provided legal representation for a politically-connected slumlord who had cut the heat on tenants in the dead of winter. We need to find out what happened to those tenants who were thrown onto the cold, winter streets of Chicago by a man that Obama defended in court. We also need to ask why Obama's top adviser was the CEO of a predatory lending company that devastated poor people with sub-prime mortgages. Furthermore, we need to ask Obama why he continues to support Timothy Geithner, known on Wall Street as "our man in Washington" from the "Too Big to Fail" lovers who embrace the culture of bailouts and socializing losses while maintaining private profits. Obviously this last point would need to be coupled with embracing a return to the division of commercial banking and investment banking, ensuring our system is always about profits AND losses, which is a reasonable alternative to Dodd-Frank and Geithner's cronyism.

The main goal should be dispelling the myth that out-of-touch Democrats in Washington give a damn about ordinary people. Washington Democrats only care about special interest groups, which is what needs to be hammered into people's heads between now and election day in order to drive down Democratic turnout and drive up Republican turnout. Washington Democrats are clinging to 8% unemployment and one trillion dollar deficits. We should be able to win this in a landslide, folks!

Obviously the Reverend Wright issue was tackled in 2008, and it's time to move on from that.

And Republicans aren't out-of-touch?
Spanish Moss
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2012, 09:47:37 PM »

But that would mean the sensationalist media would have to do their job.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2012, 10:05:43 PM »

Do you read the Romney campaign taking points every morning and just go from there?
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2012, 10:24:20 PM »

Pretty sure he writes them and then cuts and pastes.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2012, 11:04:30 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2012, 11:09:08 PM by Politico »

I am the author of all of my writings unless indicated otherwise. I believe in giving credit where credit is due, so I always cite sources. Every now and then somebody else comes up with a line of rhetoric that I admire, but this rarely happens.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 11:07:41 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2012, 11:10:17 PM by Politico »

But that would mean the sensationalist media would have to do their job.

Despite disagreeing with you on numerous issues, at least I can fully respect you. You are an endangered species in 2012: A man of the left with the highest integrity.
wildfood
Rookie
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 11:09:52 PM »

The Tea Party and the mainstream Republicans are going to have a big fight after this election.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2012, 11:14:02 PM »

Politico what do you consider your role here?  Are you commenting in good faith, or is job one being a Mittens' propagandist, albeit a rather unimaginative one imo? I mean, you seem to be to Mittens what David Axelrod is to Obama, or at least it seems you aspire to that.  

In any event, it is wholly ineffectual and counterproductive on a forum like this. To have any traction at all when swimming against the tide, one needs to work over time to gain some credibility, or present tightly reasoned posts with material to back them up if need be.

But by all means carry on. To each his own.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 12:37:37 AM »

I would say I'm more of a casual poster here on Atlas, but I've been around long enough to understand the dynamics. I'd say the forum has a slight left wing bias, and we definitely need more intelligent conservative posters to add to the discussion.

Politico, I'm going to assume that you mean well, and that you really are passionate about Mitt Romney and his campaign, but you're going about it all wrong. You seem to merely spout off platitudes and dry talking points that have no substance. You refuse to see the facts and critically analyze the factors of this election. Mitt Romney will not win just because you say that he should. Politics doesn't work like that.

Even after all you've posted, I still don't know what you believe, because everything you post doesn't sound like it's coming from you.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2012, 01:01:02 AM »

I see no reason to think that Politico is anything other than somebody whose thought processes genuinely do resemble hackish talking points, and the second most likely explanation is I think trolling, not him being on the take from anybody.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2012, 08:35:35 AM »
« Edited: September 24, 2012, 08:53:14 AM by Politico »

I genuinely believe that America is in a lot of trouble, and the nation is bound to go the way of California if Obama receives four more years. I also believe that Romney can turn the country around although I concede it will take three or four more years. My role on here is more than meets the eye, but it is mostly about entertaining myself by combating left-wing hackishness (let's face it: anybody who is enthusiastically supporting Obama is clinging to 8% unemployment and one trillion dollar deficits) without breaking the terms of service.

I have been an active reader of the forum since 2004, and an official member since 2005 (although I mostly lurked from 2005-2007 and 2009-2011). Indeed, my username was picked before Politico was a website. I promise I will be more substantive after Romney wins the election.
Mister Twister

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2012, 08:39:09 AM »

What's wrong with California? California is the only state trying to look modern to the rest of the world. Do you realize the rest of the modern world laughs at how outdated America is? and Republicans don't want to invest in new roads, bridges, cars, waterways etc.

California has recently approved for high speed rail. This should be done if for no other reason than to look like a modern country.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2012, 08:44:17 AM »
« Edited: September 24, 2012, 09:16:42 AM by Politico »

What's wrong with California? California is the only state trying to look modern to the rest of the world. Do you realize the rest of the modern world laughs at how outdated America is? and Republicans don't want to invest in new roads, bridges, cars, waterways etc.

California has recently approved for high speed rail. This should be done if for no other reason than to look like a modern country.

If you don't know what's wrong with California then you don't know much about California. I'll let somebody from California address your question since you're bound to dismiss my answer as being biased. The state is a serious mess, and it's hasta la vista baby if the nation goes down that road.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2012, 09:16:52 AM »

I am the author of all of my writings

There's nothing to be proud of.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies