Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2014, 08:54:22 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  Ban Mike Naso (yes, you read correctly)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Ban Mike Naso (yes, you read correctly)  (Read 1807 times)
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -4.87

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2012, 03:06:00 pm »
Ignore

Well, Emperor (the far-right Polish moron) was banned for praising the murders in Norway, so naturally Naso should be banned for praising murders as well.

x Hashpipe

If only Emperor had been French, he could probably have found himself a decent job with Gallimard.

What are you referring to? I haven't heard about such a thing.

http://www.lemonde.fr/livres/article/2012/09/13/eloge-de-breivik-richard-millet-demissionne-du-comite-de-lecture-de-gallimard_1760175_3260.html

I. Am. Speechless.

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.
I am stabbed by grace and slinging blood
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2012, 10:12:14 pm »
Ignore

Like BRTD suggested earlier, I don't think Naso understood that the communist was the killee and not the killer in that photo. I could add more, but I won't.

As I said, it's obvious that's not the case if you read the original thread in context and Naso knew exactly what it was so...

It is obviously inappropriate to post a picture like that. But let us remember that a) we don't ban people for advocating murder. If we did we would have to ban people like Opebo and BRTD. b) I don't think that infamous event from the Vietnam war is as clear-cut a case of murder as would be required to ban someone.

When have I been advocating murder?

Famous True Leftists:

Vosem
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2012, 10:17:28 pm »
Ignore

I'm glad Phil isn't around this week or this thread would have gone nuclear (or nucular, if you're George W. Bush).

Or Sarah Palin.

Or Edward Teller. Or Merriam-Webster Dictionary. Or Dwight Eisenhower. Or Jimmy Carter.
Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2012, 10:28:44 pm »
Ignore

I tend to think Naso should be punished more often for his BS, but like I said earlier, I've never thought he deserved an outright ban because unlike other posters, he's usually not outright offensive, just a delusional nuisance. He should probably be infracted more often (and that post with the picture obviously should receive max infraction points) but banning is a bit much at this stage. What should be done about him in general is the mods telling him to grow up; and if he doesn't over more time, then discuss banning. But I'm not an atlas forum bigwig, I don't make the rules. Tongue

IDS Attorney General PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2012, 04:10:43 am »
Ignore

Like BRTD suggested earlier, I don't think Naso understood that the communist was the killee and not the killer in that photo. I could add more, but I won't.

As I said, it's obvious that's not the case if you read the original thread in context and Naso knew exactly what it was so...

My bad. Stuff like this is why I try to avoid the bad parts of the forum, so I don't know the context that it was posted in and am happy for it.

J. J.
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2012, 12:57:36 pm »
Ignore

It is obviously inappropriate to post a picture like that. But let us remember that a) we don't ban people for advocating murder. If we did we would have to ban people like Opebo and BRTD. b) I don't think that infamous event from the Vietnam war is as clear-cut a case of murder as would be required to ban someone.

This, and for the record, while I find him appalling, I opposed the efforts to ban BRTD.

J. J.

"Actually, .. now that you mention it...." 
- Londo Molari

"Every government are parliaments of whores.
The trouble is, in a democracy the whores are us." - P. J. O'Rourke

"Wa sala, wa lala."

(Zulu for, "You snooze, you lose.")
Costco
The Obamanation
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2012, 02:00:54 pm »
Ignore

Did he get banned or did he just get banned in that dream I had the other night?
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Vatican City State
View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2012, 06:51:30 pm »
Ignore

Did he get banned or did he just get banned in that dream I had the other night?

Just a wet dream, friend
Hatman
EarlAW
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.97, S: -6.00

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2012, 07:01:44 pm »
Ignore

Just a wet dream, friend

Sad I guess we can only dream.

http://canadianelectionatlas.blogspot.com

Follow me on Twitter @EarlWashburn
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout