Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2014, 04:29:02 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Bacon King, Badger)
| | |-+  What is your favourite season ?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: During the year ?
Spring   -5 (15.6%)
Summer   -10 (31.3%)
Fall   -12 (37.5%)
Winter   -5 (15.6%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: What is your favourite season ?  (Read 507 times)
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2012, 01:57:00 pm »
Ignore

Fall is the only one that I'd actually vote against retention in the calendar.

Dirty and slushy. Too warm with a shirt or pullover over the t, too cold without. Every dog sh!ts under the leaves, and because the ground's wet half of those owners who usually collect it "forget". Every morning darker than the one before (no thanks to the sadists in charge of letting dwt end two months before the solstice... and you poor Americans have another three weeks of it. *Shudders*.)

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2012, 02:15:06 pm »
Ignore

Summer, without a doubt. 

Summer is horrific in Missouri.  The state is literally uninhabitable for three months, you have to live in a bubble like you would on Mars.

So, folks, should I vote as I would in Missouri (Spring), or Thailand (winter)?  Winter here is absolutely idyllic - chilly at night, pleasant cool-to-warm days, low (but not too low) humidity throughout.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

Vosem
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2012, 02:17:41 pm »
Ignore

Depends where, and also depends on the quality of the season. Where I live (Northeast Ohio), there's nothing quite like a really nice winter. But a warm & dry winter, like the 2011-2012 winter, can be outstripped by a sufficiently cool & wet fall (like the one going on now). Generally speaking, the further from the tropics you go, the better winter is, and the closer, the better summer is, with the advantage to winter (Cleveland is closer to the equator than the north pole but I prefer winter here, for instance...). Elevation matters too. Generally speaking, of the two intermediate seasons the wetter one is better, and which one that is varies (the saying goes "April showers bring May flowers", but at least from my observations where I live fall is usually wetter than spring...)

Illegally selling arms to North Korea, providing most of the money to anti-Morales rebels in Bolivia, and using the remainder as hush money for his three ex-mistrisses. 
SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.03, S: -8.96

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2012, 04:41:50 pm »
Ignore

Certainly not summer, the heat is for chumps.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Cannot begin to understand people who vacation in Florida during the Summer. High elevations in the Rockies and the Bay Area (west of the Berkeley Hills) are lovely in August though Smiley

And that's where I flee Florida for in summer.

HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2012, 05:08:37 pm »
Ignore

Season 2 was the best. No character was better in the entire run of 24 than George Mason.

George Mason was a class act. It sort of went downhill from there, though. Iíll never be able to forgive them for the cougar.

OK, at the point they killed Bill Buchanan, I was PISSED.  And if ANYONE deserved a silent clock, it was Buchanan.

I think he got one, didnít he? Iíll have to check the DVDs. But I gotta say, I sort of saw his death coming. I was almost more shocked when General Juma slapped the president across the face.

Seriously though, my life is not the same without this show.

Oldiesfreak1854
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2012, 08:00:43 am »
Ignore

I like them all, but probably summer.  Spring is a little too green for my tastes, and winter too cold (although I love snow and always have ever since I was a little kid).  I love looking at colorful leaves in fall, and I love the crisp bite in the air (still waiting for it to get stronger), but it's kind of depressing to me in a way to see the leaves and many of the flowers die, as well as to see summer go away for another year.

Quote from: Dwight D. Eisenhower
There is nothing wrong with America that the faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure.
後援会
koenkai
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2012, 12:23:54 pm »
Ignore

Do most of you even lift live in somewhere with four seasons?

The opinions and views expressed above are mine alone and do not represent the opinions or views of any other individual, organization, or government.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout