What is your favourite season ?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:40:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What is your favourite season ?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: During the year ?
Spring

Summer

Fall

Winter

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: What is your favourite season ?  (Read 1254 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2012, 02:15:06 PM »

Summer is horrific in Missouri.  The state is literally uninhabitable for three months, you have to live in a bubble like you would on Mars.

So, folks, should I vote as I would in Missouri (Spring), or Thailand (winter)?  Winter here is absolutely idyllic - chilly at night, pleasant cool-to-warm days, low (but not too low) humidity throughout.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2012, 02:17:41 PM »

Depends where, and also depends on the quality of the season. Where I live (Northeast Ohio), there's nothing quite like a really nice winter. But a warm & dry winter, like the 2011-2012 winter, can be outstripped by a sufficiently cool & wet fall (like the one going on now). Generally speaking, the further from the tropics you go, the better winter is, and the closer, the better summer is, with the advantage to winter (Cleveland is closer to the equator than the north pole but I prefer winter here, for instance...). Elevation matters too. Generally speaking, of the two intermediate seasons the wetter one is better, and which one that is varies (the saying goes "April showers bring May flowers", but at least from my observations where I live fall is usually wetter than spring...)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2012, 04:41:50 PM »

Certainly not summer, the heat is for chumps.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Cannot begin to understand people who vacation in Florida during the Summer. High elevations in the Rockies and the Bay Area (west of the Berkeley Hills) are lovely in August though Smiley

And that's where I flee Florida for in summer.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2012, 05:08:37 PM »

Season 2 was the best. No character was better in the entire run of 24 than George Mason.

George Mason was a class act. It sort of went downhill from there, though. I’ll never be able to forgive them for the cougar.

OK, at the point they killed Bill Buchanan, I was PISSED.  And if ANYONE deserved a silent clock, it was Buchanan.

I think he got one, didn’t he? I’ll have to check the DVDs. But I gotta say, I sort of saw his death coming. I was almost more shocked when General Juma slapped the president across the face.

Seriously though, my life is not the same without this show.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2012, 08:00:43 AM »

I like them all, but probably summer.  Spring is a little too green for my tastes, and winter too cold (although I love snow and always have ever since I was a little kid).  I love looking at colorful leaves in fall, and I love the crisp bite in the air (still waiting for it to get stronger), but it's kind of depressing to me in a way to see the leaves and many of the flowers die, as well as to see summer go away for another year.
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2012, 12:23:54 PM »

Do most of you even lift live in somewhere with four seasons?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies