Good news for Democrats in PA: 99% of voters say they have a photo ID (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:13:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Good news for Democrats in PA: 99% of voters say they have a photo ID (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Good news for Democrats in PA: 99% of voters say they have a photo ID  (Read 1181 times)
Spanish Moss
United States

« on: September 26, 2012, 10:42:49 AM »

The problem is it's a poll tax.  If they issued easily accessible, free photo-id voter-id cards, that'd be one thing.  But they aren't.
Spanish Moss
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 03:51:01 AM »

It's not hard to get a photo id here, period.

It might not be valid, however.  I can get a photo id, a check cashing card, fairly easily in Philadelphia.  It's not valid for PA voting.  Same with a welfare photo id. 

You can get a free one at the driver testing centers.......and I oppose poll taxes in any way shape or form, Spanish Moss Smiley

Then New York sucks.
Spanish Moss
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 06:12:49 PM »

The average person on the street probably doesn't realize the right wing machine is trying to disenfranchise them.  They probably think they can stroll down with their expired library card and an electric bill and vote the way they have for decades.  We will only know the true result of Romney and Co's illegal electioneering after election day.

Most polling locations don't even require that. At my old one in Massachusetts, all you had to do is give them your name. No cards or electric bill required. That's a ridiculously lax standard.

Yeah, all I have to do is tell them who I am and sign next to my registration signature... so if you know someone and have their signature, you could learn to forge it well enough and vote.

But that kind of thing virtually never happens, certainly on no level where this is even reasonable to debate as an issue.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies