Could Frist win against a generic Democrat?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:59:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Could Frist win against a generic Democrat?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Could Frist win against a generic Democrat?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Could Frist win against a generic Democrat?  (Read 10953 times)
Hitchabrut
republicanjew18

Political Matrix
E: 8.38, S: 7.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 28, 2005, 03:25:30 PM »

Generic Democrat makes me think of Dick Gephardt. Think of this as being agianst Dick Gephardt, but not from Missouri.
Hitchabrut
republicanjew18

Political Matrix
E: 8.38, S: 7.49

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 03:28:51 PM »

I would say that he couldn't. His ideology could possibly be accepted by voters, but his lack of charisma and his lack of executive experience could kill his chances.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 04:52:49 PM »

No. He'd sink like a stone.

He's the Republican Jimmy Carter. Even Howard Dean would crush him. Once the rock was done sinking, it would dissolve.

Dean has charisma, you have to give him that much. He'd just utter a bunch of garbage like "corporations are evil, we want health care, blah blah." Frist would of course do the same, which would be okay, if not for the fact that he's Frist and hell has not yet frozen over.

He would make Bush's first debate performance look good.

Let me just say, I don't have anything against the man...

To the moderates, presidential campaigns are nothing more than personality contests.
RJ
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2005, 12:37:23 AM »

Dean has charisma, you have to give him that much.

Dean has Charisma? I would have to say among the things I don't like about Dean is his lack of Charisma. Must just be in the eye of the beholder I guess.

Frist could win against the completely wrong candidate. It would have to be some boob who couldn't even get out of his/her own way. Look at 1988. Bush was a big underdog in that election, but Dukakis seemed to collect the nomination and no one ever heard from him again until election night. He did little in the line of campaigning, and if this scenario arose again, someone like Frist could win based on these circumstances.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 12:56:13 AM »

Frist would win the deep south, rocky moutain states (minus Colorado),  Alaska and the planes.  Thats about it.  It would be a 350+ EV type election and possibly 400+ depending on the Dem candidate
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2005, 01:35:08 AM »

I think Frist could easily get the nomination, however, he is somewhat unappealing. Nevertheless, most Republican "POSSIBILITIES" will be hard for any democrat to beat.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2005, 02:45:25 AM »

No. It would take a horrible Democrat like Hillary for Frist to win- and even then it would be close.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2005, 08:55:41 AM »

No. Cat killers can't win nationally.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2005, 12:39:25 PM »

No. He'd even lose against John Kerry.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2005, 09:29:45 PM »

I think that he could win against any Democrat I can think of, with the only exception of possibly Bayh.
PADem

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2005, 09:54:12 PM »

He'd be the GOP's Dukakis
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2005, 11:18:25 PM »

Frist could beat Hillary.  But otherwise, I can think of few Democratic nominees where it would be a definite lean Frist.  Biden, Bayh, Richardson, even Warner could beat Frist.  He's like a less charismatic version of Bob Dole.
RJ
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2005, 12:05:41 AM »

He's like a less charismatic version of Bob Dole.

Now that's an insult.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2005, 04:34:27 AM »

Frist could beat Hillary.  But otherwise, I can think of few Democratic nominees where it would be a definite lean Frist.  Biden, Bayh, Richardson, even Warner could beat Frist.  He's like a less charismatic version of Bob Dole.

And he's a cat killer
Tory

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2005, 01:19:18 PM »

And he's a cat killer

What are you going on about?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2005, 01:26:52 PM »

And he's a cat killer

I recently found out what people meant by calling hima cat killer.

When Frist was a medical student, he went around to cat shelters, adopted cats and said he'd give them a good home. He would actually perform experiments on the cats so he lied about giving the cats a good home.

Was it stupid for him to lie about this? Yes but I doubt it would stand in his way of becoming President. It certainly doesn't mean that he's unqualified for the office.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2005, 02:19:50 PM »

He tortured poor innocent cats to death. He is the Dr Mengele of the feline world.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2005, 11:02:33 AM »

He tortured poor innocent cats to death. He is the Dr Mengele of the feline world.

Nasty - give him the GOP nomination

Dave
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2005, 01:07:17 PM »

No.

It would be a perfect opportunity for the Democrats to run Mel Carnahan again.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2005, 01:10:03 PM »

And he's a cat killer

When Frist was a medical student, he went around to cat shelters, adopted cats and said he'd give them a good home. He would actually perform experiments on the cats so he lied about giving the cats a good home.

Was it stupid for him to lie about this? Yes but I doubt it would stand in his way of becoming President. It certainly doesn't mean that he's unqualified for the office.

Clinton lies about a blowjob, Frist lies about cruelly murdering animals. Which is worse?

You're also pretty naive if you think this won't turn off any voters. Imagine the 527 ads that would run showing cute little kittens and talking about Frist is a cat killer. You may think it's stupid and it may be, but thinking no one would care is naive.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2005, 01:10:35 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2005, 01:19:07 PM by Senator Supersoulty »

Vote Carnahan 2008

He is 8 years deader, but a million times better
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2005, 03:42:26 PM »

And he's a cat killer

Clinton lies about a blowjob, Frist lies about cruelly murdering animals. Which is worse?

You're also pretty naive if you think this won't turn off any voters. Imagine the 527 ads that would run showing cute little kittens and talking about Frist is a cat killer. You may think it's stupid and it may be, but thinking no one would care is naive.

Frist wasn't using the Oval Office for those type of activities, was he? I didn't think so.

I don't think enough people would care to swing the election.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2005, 04:59:29 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2005, 08:14:15 PM by nickshepDEM »

Frist wasn't using the Oval Office for those type of activities, was he? I didn't think so.

No, Im not a member of PETA or some animal rights activist.  But,  I would refuse to vote for any candidate, Democrat or Republican, if they openly lied to an animal shelter employee claiming to provide a good home for an animal and then turned around and killed that animal.  Its a matter of that persons character, compassion, and integrity.  I think some of you are underestimating how much Americans love their pets.  We're not talking about dead cats that were donated to medical science here.  We're talking about someones pet that may have been accidentally left outside and picked up by the SPCA.  Thats what Bill Frist was killing back in med school.  Someones pet.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2005, 05:05:11 PM »

Thats what Bill Frist was killing back in med school.  Someones pet.

Actually, I thought they were stray cats but whatever. He wasn't right for lying like that.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2005, 05:07:33 PM »

Actually, I thought they were stray cats but whatever. He wasn't right for lying like that.

They may have been strays.  Most strays were someones pet at one time or another. I dont think anyone could really know if they were strays or someones lost pet.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies