Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2014, 08:03:26 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2008 Elections
| | |-+  Could Frist win against a generic Democrat?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: Could Frist win against a generic Democrat?
Yes   -14 (34.1%)
No   -27 (65.9%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Could Frist win against a generic Democrat?  (Read 9163 times)
Hitchabrut
republicanjew18
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.38, S: 7.49

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2005, 03:25:30 pm »
Ignore

Generic Democrat makes me think of Dick Gephardt. Think of this as being agianst Dick Gephardt, but not from Missouri.

Brace yourselves for me.

Economic Left/Right: 7.05
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67
Hitchabrut
republicanjew18
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.38, S: 7.49

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 03:28:51 pm »
Ignore

I would say that he couldn't. His ideology could possibly be accepted by voters, but his lack of charisma and his lack of executive experience could kill his chances.

Brace yourselves for me.

Economic Left/Right: 7.05
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67
A18
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 04:52:49 pm »
Ignore

No. He'd sink like a stone.

He's the Republican Jimmy Carter. Even Howard Dean would crush him. Once the rock was done sinking, it would dissolve.

Dean has charisma, you have to give him that much. He'd just utter a bunch of garbage like "corporations are evil, we want health care, blah blah." Frist would of course do the same, which would be okay, if not for the fact that he's Frist and hell has not yet frozen over.

He would make Bush's first debate performance look good.

Let me just say, I don't have anything against the man...

To the moderates, presidential campaigns are nothing more than personality contests.
RJ
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2005, 12:37:23 am »
Ignore

Dean has charisma, you have to give him that much.

Dean has Charisma? I would have to say among the things I don't like about Dean is his lack of Charisma. Must just be in the eye of the beholder I guess.

Frist could win against the completely wrong candidate. It would have to be some boob who couldn't even get out of his/her own way. Look at 1988. Bush was a big underdog in that election, but Dukakis seemed to collect the nomination and no one ever heard from him again until election night. He did little in the line of campaigning, and if this scenario arose again, someone like Frist could win based on these circumstances.

Economic Left/Right: -4.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.36
Smash255
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 12:56:13 am »
Ignore

Frist would win the deep south, rocky moutain states (minus Colorado),  Alaska and the planes.  Thats about it.  It would be a 350+ EV type election and possibly 400+ depending on the Dem candidate

Reaganfan
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2005, 01:35:08 am »
Ignore

I think Frist could easily get the nomination, however, he is somewhat unappealing. Nevertheless, most Republican "POSSIBILITIES" will be hard for any democrat to beat.
Rob
Bob
YaBB God
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2005, 02:45:25 am »
Ignore

No. It would take a horrible Democrat like Hillary for Frist to win- and even then it would be close.

Here’s what Sarah Palin represents: being a fat fucking pig who pins “Country First” buttons on his man titties and chants “U-S-A! U-S-A!” at the top of his lungs while his kids live off credit cards and Saudis buy up all the mortgages in Kansas.
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2005, 08:55:41 am »
Ignore

No. Cat killers can't win nationally.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
incredibly specific types of post-punk music
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2005, 12:39:25 pm »
Ignore

No. He'd even lose against John Kerry.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
ian
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2005, 09:29:45 pm »
Ignore

I think that he could win against any Democrat I can think of, with the only exception of possibly Bayh.

WHY I'M A DEMOCRAT:
"People who wear Christ on their sleeves and vote against helping people are the biggest hypocrites." - Charlie Melancon, in response to the voting down of the Melancon Amendment to raise levee funding.

For my positions on political issues go to:
http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=18844.msg405414#msg405414

Registered in Mississippi for fantasy politics.  RL resident of Arkansas.  Kentucky avatar for my fav state!
PADem

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2005, 09:54:12 pm »
Ignore

He'd be the GOP's Dukakis

Conservative Leaning Dem from Philly
Likes Ed!
Likes Arlen!
Hates Rick!!!

Economic Left/Right: -1.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: +1.25
Defarge
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2005, 11:18:25 pm »
Ignore

Frist could beat Hillary.  But otherwise, I can think of few Democratic nominees where it would be a definite lean Frist.  Biden, Bayh, Richardson, even Warner could beat Frist.  He's like a less charismatic version of Bob Dole.
RJ
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2005, 12:05:41 am »
Ignore

He's like a less charismatic version of Bob Dole.

Now that's an insult.

Economic Left/Right: -4.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.36
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2005, 04:34:27 am »
Ignore

Frist could beat Hillary.  But otherwise, I can think of few Democratic nominees where it would be a definite lean Frist.  Biden, Bayh, Richardson, even Warner could beat Frist.  He's like a less charismatic version of Bob Dole.

And he's a cat killer

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Tory
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2005, 01:19:18 pm »
Ignore

And he's a cat killer

What are you going on about?
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2005, 01:26:52 pm »
Ignore

And he's a cat killer

I recently found out what people meant by calling hima cat killer.

When Frist was a medical student, he went around to cat shelters, adopted cats and said he'd give them a good home. He would actually perform experiments on the cats so he lied about giving the cats a good home.

Was it stupid for him to lie about this? Yes but I doubt it would stand in his way of becoming President. It certainly doesn't mean that he's unqualified for the office.

Never any doubt.
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2005, 02:19:50 pm »
Ignore

He tortured poor innocent cats to death. He is the Dr Mengele of the feline world.

Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2005, 11:02:33 am »
Ignore

He tortured poor innocent cats to death. He is the Dr Mengele of the feline world.

Nasty - give him the GOP nomination

Dave

Moderate Liberal Populist Smiley [Personal 45%/Economic 42%] / Defense 'Hawk'

Registered in Georgia for Fantasy Politics
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Moderators
YaBB God
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -1.74

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2005, 01:07:17 pm »
Ignore

No.

It would be a perfect opportunity for the Democrats to run Mel Carnahan again.

incredibly specific types of post-punk music
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2005, 01:10:03 pm »
Ignore

And he's a cat killer

When Frist was a medical student, he went around to cat shelters, adopted cats and said he'd give them a good home. He would actually perform experiments on the cats so he lied about giving the cats a good home.

Was it stupid for him to lie about this? Yes but I doubt it would stand in his way of becoming President. It certainly doesn't mean that he's unqualified for the office.

Clinton lies about a blowjob, Frist lies about cruelly murdering animals. Which is worse?

You're also pretty naive if you think this won't turn off any voters. Imagine the 527 ads that would run showing cute little kittens and talking about Frist is a cat killer. You may think it's stupid and it may be, but thinking no one would care is naive.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Moderators
YaBB God
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -1.74

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2005, 01:10:35 pm »
Ignore

Vote Carnahan 2008

He is 8 years deader, but a million times better
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 01:19:07 pm by Senator Supersoulty »Logged

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2005, 03:42:26 pm »
Ignore

And he's a cat killer

Clinton lies about a blowjob, Frist lies about cruelly murdering animals. Which is worse?

You're also pretty naive if you think this won't turn off any voters. Imagine the 527 ads that would run showing cute little kittens and talking about Frist is a cat killer. You may think it's stupid and it may be, but thinking no one would care is naive.

Frist wasn't using the Oval Office for those type of activities, was he? I didn't think so.

I don't think enough people would care to swing the election.

Never any doubt.
nick
nickshepDEM
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2005, 04:59:29 pm »
Ignore

Frist wasn't using the Oval Office for those type of activities, was he? I didn't think so.

No, Im not a member of PETA or some animal rights activist.  But,  I would refuse to vote for any candidate, Democrat or Republican, if they openly lied to an animal shelter employee claiming to provide a good home for an animal and then turned around and killed that animal.  Its a matter of that persons character, compassion, and integrity.  I think some of you are underestimating how much Americans love their pets.  We're not talking about dead cats that were donated to medical science here.  We're talking about someones pet that may have been accidentally left outside and picked up by the SPCA.  Thats what Bill Frist was killing back in med school.  Someones pet.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 08:14:15 pm by nickshepDEM »Logged
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2005, 05:05:11 pm »
Ignore

Thats what Bill Frist was killing back in med school.  Someones pet.

Actually, I thought they were stray cats but whatever. He wasn't right for lying like that.

Never any doubt.
nick
nickshepDEM
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2005, 05:07:33 pm »
Ignore

Actually, I thought they were stray cats but whatever. He wasn't right for lying like that.

They may have been strays.  Most strays were someones pet at one time or another. I dont think anyone could really know if they were strays or someones lost pet.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout