Ralph Nader is unsurprisingly still a giant douchebag
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:36:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ralph Nader is unsurprisingly still a giant douchebag
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Ralph Nader is unsurprisingly still a giant douchebag  (Read 9082 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 26, 2012, 08:55:39 AM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/25/ralph-nader-says-obama-is-war-criminal-worse-than-george-bush_n_1914154.html

Oh and someone posted in this in the DU thread where everyone's ripping him to shreds now, shows how much of a joke and a tool he is: http://www.mediaite.com/online/ralph-goes-rogue-nader-gives-sarah-palin-props-for-populist-speech/
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 09:22:16 AM »

Obama's not a war criminal in my opinion but he has been aggressive and Dubya-like in many ways.  He's certainly not the kumbaya President libs wanted.
Spanish Moss
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 10:37:00 AM »

While I do believe his mind has begun to slip him, I'd argue that he's not wrong in accusing Obama of being a war criminal, who is worse than Bush on that in certain aspects (such as drone plane bombings).
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 10:48:00 AM »

Obama's not a war criminal in my opinion but he has been aggressive and Dubya-like in many ways.  He's certainly not the kumbaya President libs wanted.

He's exactly the president I wanted and nothing like Bush Jr. Jrwas all about sending hundreds of thousands of ground troops in at great cost, both financial and human. Obama is like a surgeon, sending in high tech drones as needed and finally getting Osama bin Laden, in Pakistan, a place the GOP was too afraid to touch.
Spanish Moss
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 10:52:39 AM »

He's exactly the president I wanted and nothing like Bush Jr. Jrwas all about sending hundreds of thousands of ground troops in at great cost, both financial and human. Obama is like a surgeon, sending in high tech drones as needed and finally getting Osama bin Laden, in Pakistan, a place the GOP was too afraid to touch.

High tech drones which have killed tons of innocent individuals, including targets wrongly accused, also including at least one American citizen.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 10:53:58 AM »

how is this even controversial?
Spanish Moss
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 10:55:44 AM »

Dunno, because it's pretty clear Obama is at very least a war criminal.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 10:56:59 AM »

it's just what liberals do.  when it's "their guy" they're more than willing to excuse the most magnificent crimes.
Spanish Moss
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 11:02:00 AM »

it's just what liberals do.  when it's "their guy" they're more than willing to excuse the most magnificent crimes.

And that's what irritates me about the left in this country.  Wiretapping under Bush?  Everyone wigs out.  Practical evisceration of the 4th Amendment via the NDAA under Obama?  Weak justifications, or they look over it.

I seriously just don't get it.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 11:23:16 AM »

And that's what irritates me about the left in this country.  Wiretapping under Bush?  Everyone wigs out.  Practical evisceration of the 4th Amendment via the NDAA under Obama?  Weak justifications, or they look over it.

Personal I think it's quite simple; the election 2000 showed the price of ideological purity and the whole argument that "the lesser evil is still evil". It got people 8 years with George Bush's cronies, policies and wars.... and no matter how much a corporate stooge the left find him, he's still preferable to Bush. So yes they could play it up, but it would make them nothing more than useful idiots for GOP.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 11:25:35 AM »

It's what our friend memphis just did.
Spanish Moss
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 11:26:53 AM »

Personal I think it's quite simple; the election 2000 showed the price of ideological purity and the whole argument that "the lesser evil is still evil". It got people 8 years with George Bush's cronies, policies and wars.... and no matter how much a corporate stooge the left find him, he's still preferable to Bush. So yes they could play it up, but it would make them nothing more than useful idiots for GOP.

So basically let the Democrats get worse and worse, without holding their feet to the fire, because it's politically convenient at that moment?

Honestly, I used to believe there must be a point where Democrats draw the line on their Presidential Candidate, but after NDAA - I seriously believe their candidate could be a proto-fascist, but as long as the Republicans pose someone further to the right, they'll continue to support them.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 11:38:54 AM »

I have to say I never found targeted drone strikes as being on the same level as an invasion. Since we don't get any cooperation from the Pakistanis, drone strikes are the best way to kill Al Qaeda targets hiding there.
Spanish Moss
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2012, 11:44:26 AM »

I have to say I never found targeted drone strikes as being on the same level as an invasion. Since we don't get any cooperation from the Pakistanis, drone strikes are the best way to kill Al Qaeda targets hiding there.

As well as innocent people we think are worthy targets when they aren't.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2012, 11:52:52 AM »

So basically let the Democrats get worse and worse, without holding their feet to the fire, because it's politically convenient at that moment?

Honestly, I used to believe there must be a point where Democrats draw the line on their Presidential Candidate, but after NDAA - I seriously believe their candidate could be a proto-fascist, but as long as the Republicans pose someone further to the right, they'll continue to support them.

Likely but I think people focus  the wrong places if the left want to change the Democratic Party, they shouldn't focus on the president, but on the states and the legislative branch. In blue states the left should try to push to the left, while it may mean some may be lost, the republicans who could win in such states, will have to be more moderate and that will mean that they will pull the Republicans to the left. It's the tactic which the far right have used to transform GOP.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 12:18:31 PM »

As well as innocent people we think are worthy targets when they aren't.

Yes, that needs to be mitigated. I don't know what the statistics are on the percentage of time we have the wrong target, but if it is too high, we should require better intelligence before we use our drones. In any case, getting them on the ground would be the best option. If only the Pakistanis would stop double crossing us. Bin Laden could have easily been captured by Pakistani authorities since he was living in an affluent suburb of the capital, but Obama had to send in Seal team 6 because there was no way we could have trusted them. Obama made the right move there.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 02:28:12 PM »

BRTD will be surprised to hear this but I reckon Nader jumped the shark a loonnngggg time ago... he needs to retire from whatever the hell he actually does now.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 04:30:46 PM »

I find it strange that the only people I'm agreeing with entirely in this thread are both I-NY.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 04:41:11 PM »

I love the idea that recent U.S. presidents are war criminals. It's very cute and I'm sure y'all will win many elections running on that.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 04:41:22 PM »

Who the heck is Ralph Nader?
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2012, 04:58:18 PM »

I find it strange that the only people I'm agreeing with entirely in this thread are both I-NY.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2012, 04:59:10 PM »

Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2012, 05:04:56 PM »

Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2012, 06:55:45 PM »

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2012, 07:18:20 PM »

I'm sure that we have no trouble imagining that an experienced lawyer who has dedicated his life to consumer activism and who has testified before congress on multiple occasions is shaking in his boots at the thought of being ripped to shreds by the intellectual giants who live in their parents' basements and populate DU.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies