IA-04: King slightly ahead in 2 polls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:27:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 House Election Polls
  IA-04: King slightly ahead in 2 polls
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IA-04: King slightly ahead in 2 polls  (Read 1241 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 27, 2012, 11:47:06 AM »

GQR.

King (R)- 46%
Vilsack (D)- 44%

This pollster had king up 55-40, but that was way back in May 2011.

PPP.

King- 48%
Vilsack- 45%

King is tied 47-47 with "someone else."
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 11:58:29 AM »

Vilsack and Boswell are clearly each at a narrow disadvantage, though if Obama wins the state by 7 or more (as PPP suggests), he could conceivably pull them both over the finish line. 
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 12:20:02 PM »

Not bad at all. This race is very winnable.
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 02:36:22 PM »

You know, I wouldn't really mind King out on the curb.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 03:30:42 PM »
« Edited: September 27, 2012, 05:59:17 PM by krazen1211 »

Vilsack and Boswell are clearly each at a narrow disadvantage, though if Obama wins the state by 7 or more (as PPP suggests), he could conceivably pull them both over the finish line.  

The problem with that is that Obama will lose 1 if not both districts.

King is up in 3 polls now. Leads by 7 in his own.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 11:03:57 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

That's the most blatant push polling I've seen by PPP.   I'm quickly losing respect for them.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 11:28:34 PM »

How is that push polling? Those questions were asked after the horserace question. And it's a private poll, so PPP may not have even been responsible for writing those questions.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 02:05:22 PM »

King is done. If two hack polls put him ahead by so little a margin, he's done.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 03:42:28 PM »

How is that push polling? Those questions were asked after the horserace question. And it's a private poll, so PPP may not have even been responsible for writing those questions.
It uses Democrat talking points and rhetoric, and they didn't ask any questions about controversial positions by Vilsack.. The one-sided Ryan budget question and the use of the ideological and euphemistic phrase "a woman's right to choose" are clearly pushing an agenda.  They don't impact the poll on the congressional race if they were asked afterwards, but they are meant to sway the respondents, and the results of those questions themselves are impacted by the push.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 03:45:33 PM »

They interview a few hundred people...

If it is a push poll it's a pretty bad one.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 04:28:22 PM »

It uses Democrat talking points and rhetoric, and they didn't ask any questions about controversial positions by Vilsack.. The one-sided Ryan budget question and the use of the ideological and euphemistic phrase "a woman's right to choose" are clearly pushing an agenda.  They don't impact the poll on the congressional race if they were asked afterwards, but they are meant to sway the respondents, and the results of those questions themselves are impacted by the push.

LOL. This is a left-leaning push poll?!

That's the best one I've heard all day! LOL

These polls are right-wing hackjobs and you know it. Vilsack is probably ahead 5-7.
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 04:36:50 PM »

These polls are right-wing hackjobs and you know it. Vilsack is probably ahead 5-7.

PPP is a right-wing hack job?

Welp, that's it. Whatever credibility you had before has officially been flushed down the toilet with the rest of humanity's festering waste. I actually give up.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 04:41:45 PM »

PPP is a right-wing hack job?

Welp, that's it. Whatever credibility you had before has officially been flushed down the toilet with the rest of humanity's festering waste. I actually give up.

PPP has had very friendly Republican results this cycle and in the 2010 cycle was Republican leaning. Just because all the trolls say PPP is left-wing doesn't mean it is... Roll Eyes
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 04:44:58 PM »

PPP has had very friendly Republican results this cycle and in the 2010 cycle was Republican leaning. Just because all the trolls say PPP is left-wing doesn't mean it is... Roll Eyes

Sorry to bust your sheltered, tree-hugging hippie weedhead hack bubble(hey, since you generalize, I figure you've given up your right to complain if I do it), but PPP are usually the ones that show the Democrats ahead. Accurately, might I add, considering they were the only ones putting out reasonable results last cycle.

At least try, please. I've met better trolls on YouTube.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 04:47:41 PM »

Sorry to bust your sheltered, tree-hugging hippie weedhead hack bubble(hey, since you generalize, I figure you've given up your right to complain if I do it), but PPP are usually the ones that show the Democrats ahead. Accurately, might I add, considering they were the only ones putting out reasonable results last cycle.

Listen, believe what you want to believe, but PPP is going all right-wing because they don't want to be perceived as right-wing hacks.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2012, 05:23:47 AM »

PPP has not had an especially Republican lean this cycle.  Please use actual numbers when making this kind of assertion.  You do realize Nate Silver regularly compiles house effects?  I don't see why you'd make something up instead of using his numbers.

Actually, I do, but it's not flattering.
Mister Twister

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2012, 05:46:53 AM »

Wow, if Dems get good turnout, they could win all 4 house seats here in Iowa
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2012, 07:59:59 AM »
« Edited: September 29, 2012, 08:01:30 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

So this is what happens when you spend so much time getting personally attached to politics and politicians. Poor guy, just imagine what he would be like if Obama were behind these days. Sad

Or maybe its an act?

Either way, he won't gain anything from either.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2012, 10:52:29 AM »

It would be grand if King were thrown under the bus. Now if Michelle Bachmann, the Sixteen  Million Dollar and Counting Woman, joined him, that would suggest that Christ has returned. Tsei and DeLong can replace them. Tongue
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2012, 05:32:37 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2012/10/05/nrcc-cancels-ad-reservations-in-four-districts/

The National Republican Congressional Committee has canceled ad reservations in four districts, according to a GOP ad buyer. The NRCC has canceled the remainder of its buys in districts held by Reps. Scott Rigell (R-Va.) and Reid Ribble (R-Wis.), both of whom are favored to win reelection. The committee has also pulled reservations in two districts in Iowa — the 3rd, where Reps. Leonard Boswell (D) and Tom Latham (R) face one another, and in the 4th, where Rep. Steve King (R) faces former Iowa first lady Christie Vilsack.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2012, 08:19:08 PM »

I am pretty confident that Latham will beat Boswell. If it does not happen, it will be a very long and depressing night for the Pubs generally.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies