Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 01, 2014, 09:26:52 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: True Federalist, Former Moderate, Badger)
| | |-+  E.St.Louis Mayor getting serious (and unconstitutional)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: E.St.Louis Mayor getting serious (and unconstitutional)  (Read 250 times)
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -4.52

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2012, 01:04:01 am »
Ignore

link
“The loiterers will be arrested, not warned, but arrested. Those who are hanging out at 11th and Bond, 15th and Lynch, 38th and Waverly, wherever you happen to be, if you are loitering, you will be arrested.”

Surrounded by police, Parks announced they also plan to arrest adult males and young men wearing gang colors, amounting to a city-wide dress code.

“No royal blue, no bright red to be worn by our men or our boys in this community,” Parks said. “Why is that? Those colors have long been affiliated with gang kinds of affiliations”

Asked about Constitutional concerns, and the need for probable cause, Parks says the recent wave of crime is the probable cause and justifies the extreme new measures.

“Vehicles that are moving will be stopped and searched for guns, weapons, drugs, and open alcohol and any other violations that are taking place,” Parks later told KMOX’s Mark Reardon. “People who are walking, people who are bicycling, can be stopped and searched for the same and, when it comes to state IDs, we’re going to be confirming that state IDs are in place for everyone involved.”

Parks noted the legal questions surrounding his new policies but said “most importantly, we have to do something.”

“We have desperate times, they call for desperate measures and they call for extreme measures, things that we may not have done before, to get the desired results. You cannot grow as a city if your children are being wiped out and never given an opportunity to live.”
E.St.Louis is a sh**t hole.  Has been for 30 or 40 years.  It makes Gary Indiana look nice.  It's like Detroit, without all the good aspects of Detroit.  I doubt this will work (or last past the first lawsuit), but I wish him luck.

Quote from:   Martha Gellhorn for The Atlantic 1961
The unique misfortune of the Palestinian refugees is that they are a weapon in what seems to be a permanent war...today, in the Middle East, you get a repeated sinking sensation about the Palestinian refugees: they are only a beginning, not an end. Their function is to hang around and be constantly useful as a goad. The ultimate aim is not such humane small potatoes as repatriating refugees.
Spanish Moss
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 01:10:10 am »
Ignore

The Constitution, as far as government at multiple levels seems to be concerned any more, is just a piece of paper.  Hemp paper.
a real human being
Ghost_white
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: 5.91

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 01:19:18 am »
Ignore

Hemp paper.
thats an urban legend. the copies were though.

That has got to be one of the most retarded proposals I have read on this forum.

Don't worry, I'm sure more will crop up shortly.
Simfan34
YaBB God
Ghana

Political Matrix
E: 2.32, S: 4.87

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 02:13:48 am »
Ignore

The Constitution, as far as government at multiple levels seems to be concerned any more, is just a piece of paper.  Hemp paper.

Very good! As long as they don't ban Columbia Blue, I'm good with banning colours and using the constitution as toilet paper in the name of restricting civil liberties.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 02:15:31 am by His Most Serene Excellency Simfan34 »Logged

a real human being
Ghost_white
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: 5.91

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 02:18:24 am »
Ignore

Very good! As long as they don't ban Columbia Blue, I'm good with banning colours and using the constitution as toilet paper in the name of restricting civil liberties.

That has got to be one of the most retarded proposals I have read on this forum.

Don't worry, I'm sure more will crop up shortly.
Simfan34
YaBB God
Ghana

Political Matrix
E: 2.32, S: 4.87

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 03:16:35 am »
Ignore

But seriously this seems to be a very inane way of countering gang activity, what's going to happen once they go through the entire colour spectrum? Very silly.

SJoyce of Harrenhal
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 06:48:09 am »
Ignore

HP.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length