Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2014, 01:30:08 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Off-topic Board (Moderators: Torie, The Mikado, Badger)
| | |-+  George Carlin Rant About Politics
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: George Carlin Rant About Politics  (Read 513 times)
Politico
YaBB God
View Profile
« on: September 29, 2012, 11:26:41 pm »
Ignore

Ouch! Talk about putting us in our place:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=07w9K2XR3f0
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 02:02:22 am by Politico »Logged

"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."

- Bastiat
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 05:27:30 pm »
Ignore

"We like War" was the final straw that completed my conversion from neocon to noninterventionalist.

If a burial strikes my family as too practical, I'd go for either a viking funeral on one of the Great Lakes or to be sealed up in a tomb with my closest servants and bang-maids so they may wait on my every need in the afterlife.
angus
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 1.87, S: -7.65

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 06:59:30 pm »
Ignore

Thank you.

Not for the mullet, although it is quite an excellent piece of work, but for finding somebody reasonably famous for saying what I've been saying in other threads.  It's ignorance, man.  That's our problem.  If George Carlin agrees with me, then I feel like I must be onto something.
King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 11:13:03 pm »
Ignore

Yes, the public has done more damage to this country than their representatives could ever hope to do.

One good thing about being sick is that it may help me shed a couple of pounds.  This evening, I only had one plate of the casserole, corn, and baked beans and only had a small piece of cake and one scoop of ice cream for dessert.  I just have very little appetite.
bgwah
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 11:36:15 pm »
Ignore

I tend to think that you should vote if you want to complain. Vote for a third party candidate if you must, but still vote.

opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 05:52:45 am »
Ignore

I tend to think that you should vote if you want to complain. Vote for a third party candidate if you must, but still vote.

Really, voting is very closely akin to complaining and has about as much effect.

Also, I am not a Carlin fan.  I don't like his manner, and he's too much of that awful boomer generation.  That said, loads of standups are much, much worse.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 06:45:50 am by opebo »Logged

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 08:05:05 am »
Ignore

Ah, yes. I watched a couple of his shows a few weeks ago actually. He's sadly missed.
patrick1
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 06:11:26 pm »
Ignore

Really, voting is very closely akin to complaining and has about as much effect.

Also, I am not a Carlin fan.  I don't like his manner, and he's too much of that awful boomer generation.  That said, loads of standups are much, much worse.

While humour is subjective, you are factually incorrect about a  few things. Carlin was neither a baby boomer (1937) or had their sensibilities. He actually was very critical of and made much sport on the boomer generation.  

Here is just one example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Sal6N5OiE
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 06:13:04 pm by patrick1 »Logged
Acting like I'm Morrissey w/o the wit
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 02:22:21 pm »
Ignore

I think that falls under his first category: meaningless.  Enjoyed the video.

Oldiesfreak1854
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 04:30:09 pm »
Ignore

Funny, although I vehemently disagree with it.

Quote from: Dwight D. Eisenhower
There is nothing wrong with America that the faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure.
When I voted for the first time a few weeks ago, I announced "damnit, I voted for Pat Buchanan!" Nobody got it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout