The People's Party (The People's Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:53:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Party (The People's Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18
Author Topic: The People's Party (The People's Thread)  (Read 22638 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: December 05, 2012, 10:33:33 PM »

I would like to endorse all incumbents, and Hagrid.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #201 on: December 05, 2012, 10:41:35 PM »

I believe that my colleague Mr. X has a strong case for your party's endorsement given that he is in coalition with your party in the MidEast assembly (as part of the Mideast People's Liberal Labor Caucus).
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #202 on: December 05, 2012, 11:00:28 PM »

I believe that my colleague Mr. X has a strong case for your party's endorsement given that he is in coalition with your party in the MidEast assembly (as part of the Mideast People's Liberal Labor Caucus).

This is also a good point, and combined with his non-ideological, pragmatic record, which has produced great results for the Mideast Region (including the Immigration Reform Act and establishment of a balanced budget, among others), Mr. X should be a shoo-in for TPP nomination in the upcoming elections. While the Mideast Assembly will lose a great advocate of The People, Atlasia would gain one as a whole with his election.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #203 on: December 05, 2012, 11:02:56 PM »

Mr. X has always been a friend to The Party. I'm sure he will do just fine in our endorsement voting.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #204 on: December 06, 2012, 12:32:15 AM »

TPP,

Thank you Nix for the invite to speak to another of Atlasia's political parties.
Many of you know me as a right leaning firebrand. In some cases that is true. I do have principled positions and will not abandon them. Yet I will seek the highest good of Atlasians of all stripes. My bill against human trafficking is my biggest example of this. I do seek an honest brokerage amongst all parties and isn't that the core desire of the People? Working to achieve the maximum of the Atlasian dream.

Also I believe the People are more than just a party but a coalition of various disaffecteds who don't totally fit in as a Federalist (like myself) or with the Liberals or Labor. You hold the hinge of the election. Yes I will call you out if I feel something doesn't feel right but I'll stand as a friend if needbe.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #205 on: December 06, 2012, 12:44:11 AM »

People of the People's Party-

I have come before you today to issue a speech in what I hope will lead to my endorsement. Even though my party registration is changed I must state fully and sincerely my beliefs are the same as when I was a member here. I thank you all for this wonderful opportunity to allow me to speak here as well.

I hope to gain your endorsement for several reasons. My campaign has been largely based on bipartisan ideas and if elected I will work with members of every party, not just those of my own. I understand the need for bipartisanship our nation faces and I must truly state I would be honored to work with you guys once again.

Your party is primarily based on creating a government that doesn't interfere with the People and their beliefs. I understand this, we need the People represented if we are to be a healthy democracy. That's how it works period. Governments oppressing the people's will in the past have led to failure and I believe truly Atlasia cannot survive without the active support from its citizens. That why, if elected, I will use my office to listen to the People's complaints, opinions, and ideas. An open forum environment could lead to a lot of innovations benefiting every Atlasian.

I am fairly moderate and have somewhat unusual political beliefs as a mild communitarian. You're party is similar to me in some ways and that's why I am asking for your support. If we are to make changes, either more conservative or liberal, they should be done in a timely fashion yet must not be too slow nor too fast. We do in fact need honest and open discussions about our future with the involvement of the public.

In my last campaign, under the banner of this party, it was no secret I was greatly dismayed with the results. However, in my period of melancholy I reflected on how the votes would've gone had they not been invalidated. The voters which were indeed invalidated were supporters of Senator Simfan and after reviewing that I came to believe and accept the fact that had I gone further I would have suppressed the People's true feeling, something which should not be taken lightly, ever. That is why I ended the early stages of the legal battle and came to accept Simfan's victory and eventually became a supporter of him.     

I understand many of you will not vote for me and I am fine with that. Democracy is best when there is a healthy competition and it is through that that many great leaders have emerged. I hope you consider me however, and that we may one day work together in order to make Atlasia an even better place. I hope that you get a chance to look at the work I've done in the once dead Pacific Region as well as my platform. I believe with my experience and your guys' support we can work across party lines, build bridges, and come up with solutions that not half, but the whole country will support. Liberal or conservative, communitarian or libertarian.

In conclusion I would like to reaffirm that I hope you take a look at both my candidacy ,tenure as the Pacific Governor, as well as former membership to this party as reasons to potentially support me in the upcoming endorsement vote. I would be truly honored to have your endorsement and it would mean the world to me. Thank you for reading, it's been my pleasure to be here-

Gov. Spamage
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #206 on: December 07, 2012, 10:22:42 AM »

[Yes ] - Snowstalker (Lab)
[Yes ] - Hagrid (Fed)
[Yes ] - Kalwejt (Oth)
[ ] - Spamage (Fed)
[ ] - Goldwater (Fed)
[Yes ] - Mr. X (Lib)
[Yes ] - Barnes (Lab)
[No ] - JCL (Fed)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #207 on: December 07, 2012, 10:28:32 AM »

[Yes] - Snowstalker (Lab)
[Yes] - Hagrid (Fed)
[ ] - Kalwejt (Oth)
[Yes] - Spamage (Fed)
[ ] - Goldwater (Fed)
[Yes] - Mr. X (Lib)
[Yes] - Barnes (Lab)
[No] - JCL (Fed)
[ ] - Write-in:                
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #208 on: December 07, 2012, 01:12:01 PM »

I am extremely sorry for not making a statement before y'all, but school unfortunately got in the way. I would still be honored to have The People's support.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #209 on: December 07, 2012, 08:19:14 PM »

Thank you for capitalizing The People, Barnes
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #210 on: December 07, 2012, 08:28:02 PM »
« Edited: December 07, 2012, 10:19:14 PM by Cincinnatus »

[NO] - Snowstalker (Lab)
[NO] - Hagrid (Fed)
[NO] - Kalwejt (Oth)
[YES] - Spamage (Fed)
[ ] - Goldwater (Fed)
[YES] - Mr. X (Lib)
[NO] - Barnes (Lab)
[NO] - JCL (Fed)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #211 on: December 07, 2012, 10:12:14 PM »

I have made my triumphant return to this game after having a fifth of bourbon and a bunch of hugs. I enedorse my friends, incuding the Duke/Cinci tcket forever and ever amen.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #212 on: December 07, 2012, 11:11:55 PM »
« Edited: December 07, 2012, 11:25:44 PM by TexasDem »

[YES] - Snowstalker (Lab)
[YES] - Hagrid (Fed)
[NO] - Kalwejt (Oth)
[YES] - Spamage (Fed)
[YES] - Mr. X (Lib)
[YES] - Barnes (Lab)

I would have endorsed Goldwater, but he dropped out. As for JCL (who also dropped out), I appreciate his steadfastness and dedication to his controversial beliefs, but they are more than one step too far for me, although I don't think he's a bad person.

I have nothing against Kalwejt- I just haven't seen his campaign around too much and he didn't seek our endorsement. As for JCL, I appreciate his steadfastness and dedication to his controversial beliefs, but they are more than one step too far for me, although I don't think he's a bad person.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #213 on: December 07, 2012, 11:20:13 PM »

[YES] - Hagrid (Fed)
[NO] - Kalwejt (Oth)
[YES] - Spamage (Fed)
[YES] - Mr. X (Lib)
[YES] - Barnes (Lab)
[NO] - JCL (Fed)

I would have endorsed Goldwater, but he dropped out. I also have nothing against Kalwejt- I just haven't seen his campaign around too much and he didn't seek our endorsement. As for JCL, I appreciate his steadfastness and dedication to his controversial beliefs, but they are more than one step too far for me to endorse, although I don't think he's a bad person.

FTR, JCL also dropped out.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #214 on: December 08, 2012, 10:31:59 PM »

OK, I am back for the immediate future, as exams and my heavy drinking have ended, well the drinking has until tomorrow. Tongue
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #215 on: December 09, 2012, 10:48:04 PM »

[YES] - Hagrid (Fed)
[YES] - Kalwejt (Oth)
[NO] - Spamage (Fed)
[YES] - Mr. X (Lib)
[     ] - Barnes (Lab)
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #216 on: December 10, 2012, 02:07:04 AM »
« Edited: December 10, 2012, 02:09:21 AM by Fuzzybigfoot »

Hi guys,

Have you made an endorsement for the gubernatorial race yet.  If not, I would love to have it!  Smiley

Here's a link to my site:  https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=166128.0
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #217 on: December 11, 2012, 10:59:39 AM »

I want to thank The People for giving me the TPP's endorsement.  It is an honor to have the support of this great party and win or lose, I promise that I will continue to be a tireless advocate for The People.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #218 on: December 11, 2012, 09:46:32 PM »

The People have been extremely kind in giving me their support, and I thank them all greatly for it. Smiley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #219 on: December 11, 2012, 09:55:50 PM »

I am truly honored to have been endorsed by you guys and greatly appreciate the kindness that has been given to me. Together the Government and the People will get stuff done! Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #220 on: December 11, 2012, 10:00:16 PM »

Congrats to all those The People voted to support. Go forth and serve Us well.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #221 on: December 14, 2012, 12:51:18 PM »

Alright folks. We've been a bit overshadowed this election by the goings on in the other two parties, but it's important that we unite behind our man franzl for the good of The People and Their party. I ask all of you to lend him your vote and participate in this democratic process. Who we elect this weekend will be Our representatives, so make it count!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #222 on: December 14, 2012, 12:56:20 PM »

We've got a very uphill battle in this election. I ask members of this party to unify for The People. We stand no chance if we don't stick together.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #223 on: December 17, 2012, 12:37:26 AM »

Congratulations to Senator Franzl, as well as Hagrid, Mr. X, Barnes and Spammage! It was a hard fought election, and I am proud of The Party and The People for their elections. And for those that fell short, I hope you all continue to serve Atlasia, because if you had interest enough in running for office then Atlasia has interest in you!

Now go forth and serve to the best of your ability for The People!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #224 on: December 17, 2012, 01:45:25 AM »

I'm so grateful that all the hard work that went into this amazing comeback has paid off and that The People will still have a voice in Nyman in the new year.

It just goes to show you that one must never give up and lose faith in The People or those working so hardly for Their interests.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies