The People's Party (The People's Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:57:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Party (The People's Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The People's Party (The People's Thread)  (Read 22971 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 08, 2012, 08:25:40 PM »

I would like to take a moment to ask for The People's Party's endorsement in the upcoming Mideast Assembly election, thank you and Dave bless Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 05:05:21 PM »

I would like to request The People's Party's endorsement in the December At-Large Senate election.  I may be a Liberal, but during my time in the Assembly I have always fought for The People.  If elected to the Senate, I promise that I will be an active and energetic advocate for The People!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 06:18:15 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2012, 09:01:50 PM by Mideast Assemblyman Mr. X »

First, I want to thank Senator Nix for giving me this opportunity to make my case to you all Smiley  We may not always agree, but one thing that I think we do have in common is a strong belief in pragmatism.  I will never deny that if elected I will be a strong voice for the center-left, just as I have been in the Assembly (although I will also remain a tireless advocate for The People Smiley ).  However, I also believe that the path to prosperity is one of principled pragmatism.  I recognize that none of us has a monopoly on good ideas.  That's why I've worked closely during my time in the Mideast Assembly with members of the Federalist, Labor, Whig, and TPP to help negotiate compromises that combined the best ideas of each side.  

As a result, we were able to pass immigration reform, education reform, fairer labor laws, and much more.  However, my proudest accomplishment is that I worked closely with Governor Tmthforu94 to develop a budget compromise that allowed the region to not only pass its first budget in history, but a balanced budget with a significant stimulus.  Additionally, and I hope Governor Tmthforu94 and my fellow Assemblymen would agree, I have never felt during my time in the Assembly that there was ever a problem with partisanship in the Mideast government since the September elections.  I've always felt we've accomplished so much because everyone sees each other as good people who may sometimes disagree about the best way to help The People!

Which brings me to why I am running and back to my original point about pragmatism.  The breakdown of the working relationship between President Napoleon and the Senate has formed a dark cloud over Atlasia.  A major part of the problem simply seems to be that the President and certain Senators have increasingly begun treating each other like an enemy.  This has to change; for the sake of The People and our great nation, it must change and soon.  As for my activity-level, I think my record in the Assembly speaks for itself Smiley  I'm running because I hope to bring some of the Mideast's spirit of compromise and civility to the federal government.  If The People do me the honor of electing me to the Senate, I will work to establish a strong working relationship with President Napoleon, Vice-President Nathan, and each member of the Senate.  It would be an honor to receive the endorsement of The People's Party and I hope I can count on your support!  Thank you for your time and Dave bless Atlasia Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 10:59:39 AM »

I want to thank The People for giving me the TPP's endorsement.  It is an honor to have the support of this great party and win or lose, I promise that I will continue to be a tireless advocate for The People.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 05:41:48 PM »

Senate - Special Election
[1] Clarence (FED)
[2] Snowguy (LAB)
[3] Kalwejt (LIB)

Mideast Assembly
[1] Talleyrand (TPP)