The People's Party (The People's Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:46:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Party (The People's Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The People's Party (The People's Thread)  (Read 22723 times)
Spamage
spamage
United States

« on: September 30, 2012, 07:51:48 PM »

Looks very interesting......
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 12:34:21 AM »

Glory to the People; Today, Tomorrow, Forever!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 05:56:05 PM »

Welcome to all of those who have joined both The Party and The Caucus!

I think short term we need to first decide whether to let caucus members vote in our elections, and then once we decide that, we need to nominate and vote on the chair vice chair, and secretary.

I am working on an official platform which will need to be published in the coming weeks. I think one of the major goals I want to focus on early on is securing subforums for each region, for example.

As for voting, I am favoring allowing only Party members to vote, but Caucus members may voice their opinions and input as they wish. Allowing Caucus members to vote in our elections may encourage double dipping, and I don't think any party wants that.

Perhaps 1/2 votes would suffice for caucus members that way they could be involved but still not have the same privileges as full members...... just a thought
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 11:48:11 PM »

Got a little motivated/ excited and this is what I made with it!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 11:53:00 PM »

Also is there a headcount of how many people are full party members vs. just caucus members?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 12:15:32 AM »

Current membership:

1. Duke
2. Cincinnatus
3. Tmth
4. Spamage
5. Averroës Nix
6. Simfan
7. Oakvale
8. Ben
9. Miles
10. Cathcon

Oh, God. Looks like I have to do that thing I promised you last night, Nix.

Uh....

New GriffGraph coming! Cheesy

Yay! I love those!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 11:41:37 PM »

Am I correct in stating this is a generally centrist party (I'm in the midst of making a wiki article) also which image will be our logo.... is pink our color (basing it off of what griffgraph used) and should Glory to the People; Today, Tomorrow, Forever! be our slogan?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 11:55:07 PM »

Am I correct in stating this is a generally centrist party (I'm in the midst of making a wiki article) also which image will be our logo.... is pink our color (basing it off of what griffgraph used) and should Glory to the People; Today, Tomorrow, Forever! be our slogan?

Yellow is your color, and the Logo I made is what your gonna use!

But your logo forget the THE while mine doesn't Tongue. Isn't yellow already being used?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 12:13:20 AM »

But your logo forget the THE while mine doesn't Tongue. Isn't yellow already being used?

You mad? Tongue

Nope Smiley just waiting for more input...
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 12:21:54 AM »

You mad? Tongue

Nope Smiley just waiting for more input...

Yay! So do you support mine being used?

To see my answer look at the bottom of the last page

Tongue
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 06:00:06 PM »

I guess I'll try for Secretary! Smiley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 09:26:34 AM »

Chairman
[1] Duke
[ ] Write-in:

Vice Chairman
[1] Tmthforu94
[ ] Nix
[ ] Write-in:

Secretary
[1] Spamage
[ ] Cincinnatus
[ ] Write-in:
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 05:58:03 PM »

Just read through it all - looks good to me! Smiley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2012, 08:58:11 PM »

AYE! Smiley Smiley Smiley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2012, 12:13:14 AM »

All things considered, I think this was a great first election for us! Congratulations to all candidates elected, especially TPP candidates.

I think we need to start working hard at developing a platform - there seems to be a rumor going around that we have absolutely no ideological backbone or beliefs, which obviously isn't true. Wink

We definitely need a platform Smiley

Also we had amazing turnout 13/14 isn't anything to be ashamed of! Not to mention 3 Senate seats won I believe!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 09:13:26 PM »

I've announced Smiley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2012, 12:26:28 PM »

Oh my goodness, I made the logo I made earlier pink but now I accidentally deleted it..........

Tongue Sad
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 02:05:58 AM »

I too must kindly ask for your endorsement Smiley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 12:44:11 AM »

People of the People's Party-

I have come before you today to issue a speech in what I hope will lead to my endorsement. Even though my party registration is changed I must state fully and sincerely my beliefs are the same as when I was a member here. I thank you all for this wonderful opportunity to allow me to speak here as well.

I hope to gain your endorsement for several reasons. My campaign has been largely based on bipartisan ideas and if elected I will work with members of every party, not just those of my own. I understand the need for bipartisanship our nation faces and I must truly state I would be honored to work with you guys once again.

Your party is primarily based on creating a government that doesn't interfere with the People and their beliefs. I understand this, we need the People represented if we are to be a healthy democracy. That's how it works period. Governments oppressing the people's will in the past have led to failure and I believe truly Atlasia cannot survive without the active support from its citizens. That why, if elected, I will use my office to listen to the People's complaints, opinions, and ideas. An open forum environment could lead to a lot of innovations benefiting every Atlasian.

I am fairly moderate and have somewhat unusual political beliefs as a mild communitarian. You're party is similar to me in some ways and that's why I am asking for your support. If we are to make changes, either more conservative or liberal, they should be done in a timely fashion yet must not be too slow nor too fast. We do in fact need honest and open discussions about our future with the involvement of the public.

In my last campaign, under the banner of this party, it was no secret I was greatly dismayed with the results. However, in my period of melancholy I reflected on how the votes would've gone had they not been invalidated. The voters which were indeed invalidated were supporters of Senator Simfan and after reviewing that I came to believe and accept the fact that had I gone further I would have suppressed the People's true feeling, something which should not be taken lightly, ever. That is why I ended the early stages of the legal battle and came to accept Simfan's victory and eventually became a supporter of him.     

I understand many of you will not vote for me and I am fine with that. Democracy is best when there is a healthy competition and it is through that that many great leaders have emerged. I hope you consider me however, and that we may one day work together in order to make Atlasia an even better place. I hope that you get a chance to look at the work I've done in the once dead Pacific Region as well as my platform. I believe with my experience and your guys' support we can work across party lines, build bridges, and come up with solutions that not half, but the whole country will support. Liberal or conservative, communitarian or libertarian.

In conclusion I would like to reaffirm that I hope you take a look at both my candidacy ,tenure as the Pacific Governor, as well as former membership to this party as reasons to potentially support me in the upcoming endorsement vote. I would be truly honored to have your endorsement and it would mean the world to me. Thank you for reading, it's been my pleasure to be here-

Gov. Spamage
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2012, 09:55:50 PM »

I am truly honored to have been endorsed by you guys and greatly appreciate the kindness that has been given to me. Together the Government and the People will get stuff done! Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies