The People's Party (The People's Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:26:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Party (The People's Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The People's Party (The People's Thread)  (Read 22953 times)
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« on: December 05, 2012, 10:41:35 PM »

I believe that my colleague Mr. X has a strong case for your party's endorsement given that he is in coalition with your party in the MidEast assembly (as part of the Mideast People's Liberal Labor Caucus).
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 11:12:10 PM »

I'm not sure reducing the overall number of Senators is really a good way to go, either.

(But ignore me! I'm not a member of TPP, just chiming in!)

We could then have two classes of regional Senators, a set of four elected alongside the President, and another set of four elected alongside the At-Large Senators.

That would increase the overall number of Senators to 13.

(Off-topic- Wouldn't it be interesting to fun to the "Senior Senator from the Mideast" or the "Junior Senator from the Southeast", etc?)

Ignore me too, but wouldn't abolishing at-large senators mean a huge disparity in voting power? Cause the bigger regions in Atlasia have more than twice the population as some of the smaller ones?
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 01:04:48 AM »

Sorry to interrupt, but I would like to request your party's endorsement in the Mideast governor's race. I'll make a longer speech if/when you guys have a formal endorsement vote. Thanks Smiley
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 10:48:12 PM »

So, with the passage of the We Need More Political Parties Amendment (if that is indeed valid, I know there was some court case surrounding it but I'm not sure what the outcome was), The People's Party is officially a major party again. There are three people still registered with TPP: AndrewPA, Franzl, and BluegrassBluevote, which is enough for it to qualify for major party status.

Is anything going to happen with this? Since Franzl has left the forum he'll eventually be de-registered, but if anyone wanted to resurrect this now would be the time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies