The Atlasian Post.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:17:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Post.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: The Atlasian Post.  (Read 12412 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2013, 03:31:07 AM »

If The People didn't like me they wouldn't have sent me back into office with 70% of the vote. CRA CRA I TELL YOU CRA CRA BEEETCHES
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2013, 07:47:30 AM »

If The People didn't like me they wouldn't have sent me back into office with 70% of the vote. CRA CRA I TELL YOU CRA CRA BEEETCHES

Except that voting against you would've involved openly defying you.  Also, all due respect to Drj101, you didn't face the strongest possible opposition by any means.  I'd argue those two factors go a long way towards explaining your victory.  And even then, Drj had higher favorables than you.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2013, 11:31:23 AM »
« Edited: February 09, 2013, 11:50:18 AM by Tmthforu94 »

Except that voting against you would've involved openly defying you.  Also, all due respect to Drj101, you didn't face the strongest possible opposition by any means.  I'd argue those two factors go a long way towards explaining your victory.  And even then, Drj had higher favorables than you.
Roll Eyes For far too long now, people have been way too "generous" to me in terms of how much power I'm in. It's always something - if I'm doing a good job people vote for me because "they're scared not to" and if I'm doing a bad job, I would lose (though that has thankfully never happened). I'd encourage you to name folks you think I "bullied" into voting to reelect me, because I'm absolutely positive that you could not come up with nearly enough to change the outcome.

You have to be naive to not think outside forces played a role in public polling that has been done in our region - heck, some polls had Drj getting more votes than he actually got in the voting booth.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2013, 11:48:44 AM »

Also, both in PMs and in interviews, you seem to always be trying to smear me by using other people's words..."who wish to remain anonymous." It's getting a little old. I'm getting really sick of this undercover, PM-driven smear campaign that has been going on against me ever since I vetoed the abortion bill. I'm tired of it.

Don't worry - your wishes may be coming true real soon.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2013, 11:51:24 AM »
« Edited: February 09, 2013, 11:58:09 AM by President Napoleon »

Also, both in PMs and in interviews, you seem to always be trying to smear me by using other people's words..."who wish to remain anonymous."

Of course they wish to remain anonymous. This whole thing stinks of Grade A IRC douchebags.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2013, 11:54:08 AM »

Also, both in PMs and in interviews, you seem to always be trying to smear me by using other people's words..."who wish to remain anonymous."

Of course they wish to remain anonymous. This whole thing stinks of Grade A IRC douchebags.
But remember, it all comes back to me. They wish to remain anonymous because with one swift stroke, the Great Tmthforu94 will make sure they never have any more success in Atlasia. Saying that actually makes me think of the many Atlasians who I have endorsed and voted for in various races who opposed my Presidential campaign, even some who also opposed the Polnut/Tmth ticket. But of course, facts don't seem to be playing much of a role in people's opinion, so disregard that.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2013, 11:58:12 AM »

Okay, how on earth could Tmth "bully" people in to voting for him? What would he do if he they voted against him? Send them a strongly worded PM?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2013, 12:01:34 PM »

Mr. President, would you be willing to confirm or deny rumours you are "blackmailing" Gov. Tmthforu?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2013, 12:02:14 PM »

Mr. President, would you be willing to confirm or deny rumours you are "blackmailing" Gov. Tmthforu?

lol what?
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2013, 12:05:43 PM »

Wtf.

Who is this anonymous contributor, if I may ask?  The Invisible Man?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2013, 12:07:30 PM »

Wtf.

Who is this anonymous contributor, if I may ask?  The Invisible Man?

I'd wager it's The Usual SuspectsTM.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2013, 12:08:31 PM »

A former Senator and appointee of Tmth, actually.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2013, 12:10:45 PM »

Okay, how on earth could Tmth "bully" people in to voting for him? What would he do if he they voted against him? Send them a strongly worded PM?
Okay, The People deserve to know:

I start it all of by directly after announcing, I send out a PM to every single Mideastern voter, listing my accomplishments and why I deserve reelection. Then, a couple weeks later, I send out another one, reminding them of my accomplishments, then add a tidbit at the end: "Both the Mideast and your future will suffer if I am not reelected." I then follow up with a threat to all Mideasterners who state publicly that they'll be supporting my opponent that they will never ever hold another office anywhere if they vote against me, as I am part of the Illuminati and with John Engle's guidance, have the ability to control every election results (for some reason there was was an error when I was being programmed by Satan which keeps me from being able to control my own electoral results. Had that been the case, I could just control myself ruler for life).

After the election, which are always successful thanks to my amazing skills, the few who do decide to vote against me receive a letter in the mail that reads "You will die in seven days." Now of course, I'm not going to actually be let them killed (yet). It only refers to their chances at ever being elected again in Atlasia, which goes into effect exactly seven days (not 168 hours, though).

Now of course, there are some holes in the system, such as the fact that numerous individuals who have opposed me (and believe me, there have been plenty. Some of my closest friends today opposed my first campaign. Heck, my closest friend on here was my opponent) go on to have many successes in the game, many even receiving my support while doing so.

Also, just to clear the air on something out, me constantly asking Mideasterners for feedback and to let me know what I'm doing wrong after negative polls so I can fix it is all an act - I know who opposes me in the polls - another advantage of being part of the Illuminati.

Don't forget folks - Atlasia is extremely important.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2013, 12:18:26 PM »

Everyone knows, of course, that abortion laws signed in this game have a real and profound impact on the lives of many.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2013, 12:23:20 PM »

Abortion laws are very important in this game IMO.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2013, 12:56:58 PM »

I never accused him of specifically bullying people into voting for him over Drj101.  Only that the margin was partly due to the environment of fear that had been created (people don't want him to retaliate when they run for office).  As I said earlier, I also think (all due respect to Drj101) he faced a much weaker opponent than he could have and I am not in any way delegitimizing his reelection victory.  I believe Aflietch even said at one point something along the lines of that he'd have voted against Tmth if he faced a stronger opponent.  The "bullying" came more when people didn't do what he wanted in other respects (rather than regarding his reelection campaign).  However, and I don't know, but I would be curious whether anything happened during his race against ZuWo. 

The rest I will respond to in a moment.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2013, 01:23:26 PM »

Also, both in PMs and in interviews, you seem to always be trying to smear me by using other people's words..."who wish to remain anonymous." It's getting a little old. I'm getting really sick of this undercover, PM-driven smear campaign that has been going on against me ever since I vetoed the abortion bill. I'm tired of it.

Don't worry - your wishes may be coming true real soon.

I'm not smearing anyone and I'm not going to tell you who the Atlasians who I've talked to are because when someone trusts me not to make their PM public, I don't violate that trust, even when it might be convenient for me to do so.  I came forward and put myself out there because this needed to be said.  I'd encourage others to come forward, but that's there choice not mine.  If they don't want to, I understand and will not violate the trust that was placed.  There's a principle involved there!  I am aware that this may make it harder for me to make my case, but I said I wouldn't make the names public and so I won't.  

And again, I'm not smearing you, if I wanted to do that we both know that I could have talked about a lot more.  But I don't want to smear you, I don't deal in smears.  I was fair, but I was also honest and blunt.  I still maintain that you were a phenomenal Governor prior to the TPP-Liberal-Labor coalition getting a supermajority and I'll defend your record during that period against anyone who says otherwise.  I always acknowledged that the far-left in the supermajority also bares some of the blame.  But I am also accurately describing what happened after they got the supermajority and it doesn't reflect well on you.  The saddest part of this whole mess for me remains the fact that for a while I considered you to be my best forum friend.  I still don't think your a bad guy.  But I'd simply be lying if I didn't say that there is a real dark side to you in Atlasia.  What I said in the interview needed to be said and if I didn't have the courage to come forward, why should anyone else?  Btw, I held out hope that you would revert back to the pre-supermajority Tmth and voted to reelect you, but things didn't change Sad  And eventually, one has to face facts.  
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2013, 01:29:47 PM »

To be totally honest, if the election were held today, I'm not sure I could vote to re-elect the Governor.

I say this as a personal friend of Tmth without having had any personal problems or disputes with him.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2013, 03:19:16 PM »

I certainly wouldn't pick bullying as the appropriate word, as I never made big threats or pushed any Assemblymembers into voting/supporting something they didn't want to. I was elected on a campaign promise to promote bi-partisanship and moderation. That was easy to do for the first half of my term, but for the second half, the super-majority (and I could see why, I suppose) didn't have great interest on seeking real, "down the middle" compromise which is what I believe I was elected to advocate for. Throughout my first term, nothing changed from me - the entire way through I sought good, bi-partisan reforms. It was the super-majority that unfortunately created that friction, something I really wish we could have avoided.

And Nix, I enjoy feedback on the job I've been doing. But I haven't been getting specific responses at all. All through my first term, I consistently had low approvals compared to most politicians, and through almost all of my first term, despite constantly asking for feedback, I never got any constructive criticism from those who disapprove of me as to why they disapprove of me. And that case is still happening here - In the last Governor's approval thread, four people (DRJ, Gass, Franzl, and TexasDem) said that they approve of the job I did. Additionally to that, I know for a fact that myself (obviously) and Ben voted to approve of me. Yet when the results came in, only three people actually approved of me, meaning only one of them, if any, actually approve of me. This is what I have been dealing with my entire administration - something, I might add, has never been a problem before. Everyone continues to say publicly that they approve of me, even unnecessarily posting that they do, then in turn vote disapprove. And as I do in every thread when people disapprove of me, I ask for feedback on what I can do to improve...crickets. The only answer I had been given before all of this was just that my policies are becoming more different that theirs (which I would argue isn't the case, only that the issues we happen to disagree have been emphasized heavily on in the last month or so). That's why I may be coming across as frustrated.

And don't worry Franzl, after everything that has gone down, you don't have to worry about voting against me in May. The Mideast has always had a reputation and tradition of everyone working together and getting along, something I've been glad to be apart of, but I slowly see that eroding, and I alone simply don't have the answers on how to fix it.

Btw, I held out hope that you would revert back to the pre-supermajority Tmth and voted to reelect you, but things didn't change Sad  And eventually, one has to face facts. 
Seriously, what have I done now? The Assembly could very well be passing a much more conservative version of the abortion statue than we're about ready to, but I've made it known from the get-go that the bill needs to be a bit more favorable to the left to acknowledge your victory in the public vote. And if this is over the whole budget %, I completely stand my ground on that, I'm sorry. You kept lying about me in public, blaming the whole collapse of a deal on me because I wouldn't accept your one-time offer of 113%, when in reality, I had no power over it since a version had already been sent to The People. I'm not a big fan of being blamed for something that was completely out of my control.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2013, 05:01:50 PM »

I certainly wouldn't pick bullying as the appropriate word, as I never made big threats or pushed any Assemblymembers into voting/supporting something they didn't want to. I was elected on a campaign promise to promote bi-partisanship and moderation. That was easy to do for the first half of my term, but for the second half, the super-majority (and I could see why, I suppose) didn't have great interest on seeking real, "down the middle" compromise which is what I believe I was elected to advocate for. Throughout my first term, nothing changed from me - the entire way through I sought good, bi-partisan reforms. It was the super-majority that unfortunately created that friction, something I really wish we could have avoided.

And Nix, I enjoy feedback on the job I've been doing. But I haven't been getting specific responses at all. All through my first term, I consistently had low approvals compared to most politicians, and through almost all of my first term, despite constantly asking for feedback, I never got any constructive criticism from those who disapprove of me as to why they disapprove of me. And that case is still happening here - In the last Governor's approval thread, four people (DRJ, Gass, Franzl, and TexasDem) said that they approve of the job I did. Additionally to that, I know for a fact that myself (obviously) and Ben voted to approve of me. Yet when the results came in, only three people actually approved of me, meaning only one of them, if any, actually approve of me. This is what I have been dealing with my entire administration - something, I might add, has never been a problem before. Everyone continues to say publicly that they approve of me, even unnecessarily posting that they do, then in turn vote disapprove. And as I do in every thread when people disapprove of me, I ask for feedback on what I can do to improve...crickets. The only answer I had been given before all of this was just that my policies are becoming more different that theirs (which I would argue isn't the case, only that the issues we happen to disagree have been emphasized heavily on in the last month or so). That's why I may be coming across as frustrated.

And don't worry Franzl, after everything that has gone down, you don't have to worry about voting against me in May. The Mideast has always had a reputation and tradition of everyone working together and getting along, something I've been glad to be apart of, but I slowly see that eroding, and I alone simply don't have the answers on how to fix it.

Btw, I held out hope that you would revert back to the pre-supermajority Tmth and voted to reelect you, but things didn't change Sad  And eventually, one has to face facts. 
Seriously, what have I done now? The Assembly could very well be passing a much more conservative version of the abortion statue than we're about ready to, but I've made it known from the get-go that the bill needs to be a bit more favorable to the left to acknowledge your victory in the public vote. And if this is over the whole budget %, I completely stand my ground on that, I'm sorry. You kept lying about me in public, blaming the whole collapse of a deal on me because I wouldn't accept your one-time offer of 113%, when in reality, I had no power over it since a version had already been sent to The People. I'm not a big fan of being blamed for something that was completely out of my control.

I have never once lied about you in public or private.  I only brought up the one-time offer in the first place, btw because you kept trying to make it sound like that was what the left wanted.  The fact is the left wanted 125% and the right seemed to want 110%.  I acknowledged that I had misunderstood why no action was taken on 113%, repeatedly I might add.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2013, 05:55:06 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2013, 06:02:50 PM by Cincinnatus »

LOL.  Regulars in the IRC make it a point to never say anything about someone that they wouldn't say to said person.  Besides the fact that no one there actually gives a sh**t what someone hundreds of miles away thinks of them, it's pretty obvious that in a format as readily accessible as the IRC, nothing is sacred anyway..  I could continue, and refute you "IRC douchebags" statement, but I fear it would be for naught.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2013, 06:01:06 PM »

None of what I said came from IRC.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #97 on: February 09, 2013, 06:03:11 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2013, 06:06:38 PM by President Napoleon »

LOL.  Regulars in the IRC make it a point to never say anything about someone that they wouldn't say to said person.
That's new...

You must be logged in to read this quote.
It didn't nearly have to be in the IRC, I was just comparing to what I experienced. I never suggested that the culprits are IRC regulars or anything. But, you're wrong if you think that no one gives a sh**t what people think of them. If that were the case, the cowards who voted disapprove and posted approve, whoever they are, would freely admit it.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Refute what? I wasn't calling IRCers douchebags, I was saying it sounds like douchebags in the IRC. I suppose it could have been docuhebags via PM, who knows. The behind the back stuff, IRC or not, is cowardly and douchey. Feel free to disagree with that, but don't put words into my mouth or assume I am trying to say something I did not say. I don't very much appreciate that.

I'm used to that sort of thing coming out of the IRC- but it doesn't matter where it comes from in the end. Now, I respect that you wish to keep these private conversations anonymous. What I don't respect is that people can't play the game without getting personal, vicious, and secretive. If anyone has a problem with Tmthforu, he's pretty easy to talk to. He responds to PMs and posts in his office.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #98 on: February 09, 2013, 08:13:12 PM »

This whole thing went over my head - I had no clue what people were even talking about, but another person just asked me about it via PM, so it makes sense now.

Napoleon isn't blackmailing me in any way, shape, or form. I reached out to him about becoming GM, but a decision hasn't really been made. People must think the GM position really sucks if they say I'm being blackmailed because I'm considering it.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #99 on: February 09, 2013, 08:16:42 PM »

Tmth would make a fantastic GM. Endorsed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies