Obama opens massive lead in New Hampshire. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:11:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Obama opens massive lead in New Hampshire. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama opens massive lead in New Hampshire.  (Read 1651 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 01, 2012, 05:47:53 PM »

It's hard to believe -- unless new Hampshire is becoming indistinguishable from other New England states. Barack Obama won the state by 'only' 9% while other states in New England went by large double-digit margins.

It's 52-37, and undecided voters probably go ineffectively to the eventual loser. I don't see President Obama winning the state by 15%... maybe 12% max. But he is above 50% in NH, suggesting that the only state in the northeastern quadrant that has any chance of going to Romney is Indiana.

Collapses happen around October, and nobody can say that Romney isn't having a collapse.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 06:32:43 PM »

This polls junk and even Andy Smith who works in the poli-sci department at UNH (though I didn't have him as a professor) will probably tell you that, like he did the last poll that was O+5.  Romney, Obama and Biden were both here on September 7th.  Biden and Ryan have been here every 2 weeks since.  Chris Christie has been to the state.  Bill Clinton is coming on Wednesday (and they wouldn't deploy him here unless they needed him.  I think the internals are pretty bad for dems judging by the number of appearances they're making, and anecdotally, it isn't looking too pretty (though I know that isn't a good measure).

Collapses happen, and Obama up 15 in New Hampshire is consistent with the Quinnipiac polls for Florida, Ohio, and Pennsylvania today. Neither U-New Hampshire nor Quinnipiac has been particularly D-friendly to date in polling results.   
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 06:43:58 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2012, 06:46:15 PM by pbrower2a »

Obama is not up 15 in NH... full stop. He's also not really up by 9 in FL or 10 in OH....

PA is the only one where there is a decent consistent 8%+ lead...

I said that such is consistent with a Romney collapse. I did not say that Mitt Romney had collapsed in the election. But I can now say that such numbers, if genuine, are consistent only with a Romney collapse.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 07:31:34 PM »

Obama is not up 15 in NH... full stop. He's also not really up by 9 in FL or 10 in OH....

PA is the only one where there is a decent consistent 8%+ lead...

I said that such is consistent with a Romney collapse. I did not say that Mitt Romney had collapsed in the election. But I can now say that such numbers, if genuine, are consistent only with a Romney collapse.

It's a week-old poll (FL/OH/PA) and CBS News announced it. Sorry about that. A week-old poll in any one of those three states is obsolete.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies