NE2: Amendment to the Constitution (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:45:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NE2: Amendment to the Constitution (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NE2: Amendment to the Constitution  (Read 1834 times)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« on: October 02, 2012, 03:57:05 PM »

Thank you, Mr. Speaker. It is my firm belief that the environment is the paramount issue of the 21st century and by enshrining both the duty of the government to protect the environment and the right of the people to live in a clean, safe, and pollution-free environment will serve as a call to action for our region, Atlasia, an hopefully the world.

The second part of my amendment should hopefully be fairly uncontroversial - it simply inshrines the inherent rights of the people as unamendable. If the Assembly feels it could not suppor the first part of my amendment, I ask at least for support of the second half - it is just as important to our rights and liberties.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 05:16:25 PM »

I just wanted to specify what I meant by "inherent rights," but I see now that that can run into some trouble with judicial interpretation.

Accepted as friendly.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 09:45:46 PM »

I agree with the concerns above that my amendment does include legal vagaries and room for interpretation.  I will remove this section for the sake of saving this remained of this amendment, which I believe is very crucial to our region.  I am planning to introduce further legislation to address environmental protection and the right of citizens to have clean air, water, soil, and food.

Inserting a new amendment:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 09:12:41 PM »

Aye.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 08:45:14 PM »

I thank you very much for this, Mr. Speaker. I didn't ask for this out of some vain hope of its passage but rather for the principle of the thing. Wink

Aye.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 10:03:12 PM »

To have it down on the record that despite removing all the language deemed objectionable it still recieved the same vote.  It's good for the voters to know such things here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies