UT-04: Love leads by 6
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:22:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 House Election Polls
  UT-04: Love leads by 6
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UT-04: Love leads by 6  (Read 824 times)
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 02, 2012, 06:49:28 AM »

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865563581/Latest-poll-Mia-Love-pulls-ahead-of-Jim-Matheson-4th-District.html

Love 49
Matheson 43

The Utah GOP has perhaps gotten rid of that rascal Matheson with vicious gerrymandering.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 09:53:40 AM »

The Presidential and Senate polls for Democrats seem to keep getting better but the House polls seem to be getting worse.

Lol at your characterization of Matheson.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 10:14:37 AM »

Sometimes I hate Utah politics. I can't understand how Mia Love is ahead. Her specific policies are insane, and Matheson (as much as I despise him) has been right in pointing out that her budget plans for education and law enforcement are directly damaging to those two issues.

Is Love really going to win by just spouting Tea Party talking points over and over and clinging to Romney? It's ridiculous that she's gone from a double-digit deficit to a six-point lead.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 11:02:19 AM »

The Presidential and Senate polls for Democrats seem to keep getting better but the House polls seem to be getting worse.

Clever Miles. You found my reference.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 11:11:10 AM »

Clever Miles. You found my reference.

Well, we're both election super-nerds, so we remember that stuff! Wink
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 12:18:56 PM »

Sometimes I hate Utah politics. I can't understand how Mia Love is ahead. Her specific policies are insane, and Matheson (as much as I despise him) has been right in pointing out that her budget plans for education and law enforcement are directly damaging to those two issues.

Is Love really going to win by just spouting Tea Party talking points over and over and clinging to Romney? It's ridiculous that she's gone from a double-digit deficit to a six-point lead.

Well, 2/3rds of voters in this district have had Jason Chaffetz representing them for the past few years, so I'm sure he isn't much different than Love.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 02:53:17 PM »

Well, 2/3rds of voters in this district have had Jason Chaffetz representing them for the past few years, so I'm sure he isn't much different than Love.

Fair enough, vicious gerrymandering and all that. I'm just glad that it's unlikely that any of my state's now-4 representatives (including both Matheson and Mia for the 4th rep seat) are nowhere near a leadership position within Congress. None of them are cut out for it.

Speaking of gerrymandering though, you should see some of the state legislature districts. Those districts and the national Congressional districts are ridiculous, just as the Republicans want them to be. They're trying (and probably succeeding) in strangling any hope for any Democrat outside of Salt Lake City. I'm pretty sure they're trying to make Salt Lake County a republican county as well. The Utah GOP is more effective at making the state a one-party state than some authoritarian nations. Sad
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 04:33:05 PM »

Well, on the bright side, Pioneer, at least Matheson won't be the face of the Utah Democratic Party. Wink

Love-ing this poll, though! Tongue
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 06:58:22 PM »

Well, on the bright side, Pioneer, at least Matheson won't be the face of the Utah Democratic Party. Wink

Love-ing this poll, though! Tongue

That is a plus, yeah. If Matheson loses, the Dems have the chance to reshape the Utah Democratic Party and reform their image. They can even promote a new guy who doesn't have Matheson's baggage! Demographics mean that Utah will trend a bit more moderate anyway, so Love's election will not change much, besides the fact that she's got crazy policies. The new Democratic representatives of other states will off-set Love anyway. Still frustrated by gerrymandering though.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies